Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

aussie gold

Posted by aussie_lassie 
aussie_lassie
aussie gold
December 17, 2008
today reported in the 'Herald Sun' (the newspaper equivalent of current affairs programming.. complete bs) a SAHM was denied by Vodaphone to get a blackberry because she has no personal income. they suggested her husband come and buy it in his name (as the one with the financial income should be the one trusted with the financial obligations). Clearly they did so because they cant sign contracts with someone who doesnt have a tangible financial income in her name.

As the top comment says, it is NOT a womens rights issue. But this moo will play the 'poor woman' card, the 'poor mother' card.. or whatever to get her 15 seconds. heres the link anyway:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24811486-2862,00.html

anyway i had a bit of a giggle. the picture is LAME. I am 20 and i work to make my own money and i cant afford a blackberry or any of that crap. Just why the fuck does she need one anyway? i thought blackberries were designed for people balancing home and work so they could email and organise their lives even when they weren't at work? call me crazy. i WORK and i dont need one of those.

i called it aussie gold because its a lame title for an even LAMER news piece. i think i'll call the next one, 'Kanga-moo'
Re: aussie gold
December 17, 2008
"...For anyone to suggest that being a mum isn't a real job is just ridiculous....Ms Fair is a full-time homemaker for husband Michael and their three children - Hannah, 8, Nicholas, 6, and Gabrielle, 3.
(eye rolling smiley I don't see how a business that questions or denies a customer who is attempting to purchase a product with a service lease, but who has NO income is being "ridiculous")

She was lucky to be able to stay home to care for their children because Mr Fair earned a good wage as an industrial electrician.
(confused smiley Hence, the reason that they want HIM to sign up for the service, since HE has the income and will be responsible to pay for it)

"Being a mum is a full-time job and it's a very hard job - the hardest job you can have - because if you get it wrong, the ramifications for everyone are enormous," Ms Fair said....
(sleeping Whatever, but that has NOTHING at all to do with the fact that she has NO INCOME. Volunteer work at a hospital is a "hard job", as is volunteering with the Red Cross during a disaster, being a volunteer fire fighter, and various other volunteer work. However, that UNPAID work can NOT be considered by a business regarding re-payment of a loan or lease agreement.)

"When I gave my details - my home number, my work number - and I told them I don't have a separate work number because I'm a mum. That's when she said 'We have a problem'," Ms Fair said...."
(eye rolling smiley In addition to being naive', she is an idiot. Anyone with any sense would have realized that they had no income and would be denied. Why didn't she say, "My work number is the same as the home number as I work from home", or given a cell number, or her HUSBAND'S work number, something. They MAY have just typed in the info and let it slide. Instead, she PROUDLY announced that she has no job and no income, like being a mother should have impressed them into submission)

"The policy was meant to stop people signing up for phones they couldn't afford and unfortunately didn't take into account that many stay-at-home mums weren't short of cash...."
(confused smiley HOW IN HELL does that business know WHO has a man with a regular big paycheck and WHO has a some time-self employed- when he feels like working- painter on their hands?)

shrug One main thing that is wrong with this picture is that if they go on and sign up all of the SAHMoos, what if their husband can't or won't pay for it? What's to stop them for signing up for goods and services "on time" all over town and bankrupting the man? What if they don't even HAVE a husband? If they just override each and every transaction along with the income/job requirements and security questions when someone CLAIMS that they are a SAHMOO, that business will undoubtedly lose money hand over fist. Men who haven't signed anything can refuse to pay, women can lie when they have no husband and never be held liable to pay, women can sign up for shit without the man's knowledge and possibly ruin his credit, etc.......Being an UNEMPLOYED mother makes them no different than any other unemployed person who is attempting to "buy" something on credit or on a lease in his own name. It's just bad business and has NOTHING to do with anything personal like implying that their "job", so called, isn't "hard", etc......eye rolling smiley

I HATE these moocows with a purple passion.
Re: aussie gold
December 17, 2008
Stupid moron breeders, think they deserve the world just because they change a couple of diapers and make processed food every night for dinner. They are legends in their own minds.
Get a real job, with a real income if you want a phone in your own name.
Why the hell does she need a Blackberry? I bet it is because Muffy and Buffy have one.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login