Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

********** ********** ********** SITE UPGRADE ********** ********** **********

Posted by Ex_Admin 
The board will be down beginning Monday, December 22, 2008 at 4 a.m. EST (EST = -5 GMT) for upgrades/maintenance. This will be upgrade attempt #2. For those of you who were around for attempt #1, I apologize for the site being down with no notice. I (arrogantly) thought I could upgrade the site while it was up, but my IT skills are a bit lacking...to put it mildly. :bawl If I succeed with attempt #2, it shouldn't take more than a couple of hours. If I fail again, the nice people at my hosting company will fix it like they did the last time. Either way, the site should be back up by 9 a.m. EST that day. If I'm successful, it will be back up sooner, and it will be all shiny and new!

Basically, I will make the site read only while I back it up. Then, I will attempt the upgrade. When/if I complete it, I will then post an update to the FAQ section of the board to explain the new features. So, cross your fingers!
Thanks for the warning! I'm sure I speak for a lot of us when I say I was downright adrift without Bratfree!! No place like Bratfree, where we get to be as brutal and honest as we want!:yr
Good luck to you and I am looking forward to the new features too! I like new stuff, except when it comes with a wailing, toothless, gaping, pie hole.drinking coffee
Thanks for the warning, Admin. Looking forward to the upgrade. Good luck to ya!
Admin, thank you for taking the time to upgrade for everyone's benefit; I look forward to seeing it once it's done.

I'm a bit of a night owl too, and often go to sleep around 2 or 3 a.m.
As you can see from the replies, you and I are NOT the only night owls. I've noticed quite a few since I've come back from my hiatus. Yay for my bratfree night owl peeps, lol! In addition, the bratfree posters 'across the pond' also post during the hours I'm active (in the middle of the night for those in the US), so I'm loving that there are people besides me who post at night.

BTW, my bedtime is later than most of yours...I usually hit the sack @ 5!!!! So there - beat you all, lol! So, it will suck for those of us who post during those hours when I do the upgrade, but I hope like hell it'll be a one time thing. smiling smiley
Thanks, and IIRC yours was one of the posts that got eaten during that time. If so, sorry! It won't happen again (to any of you)!
insomnia, plus i am 5/6 hours ahead of ya all..

i did at one point have the entire board to myself once or twice.. loL so i had to argue(discuss) against myself LOL

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Thank you for your hard work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login