Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Group Pays Addicts To Use Birth Control

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Group Pays Addicts To Use Birth Control
December 18, 2008
This may be a repeat posting, sorry if it's redundant. I saw it and jumped for joy at the modicum of common sense that apparently does still exist *somewhere*.

Linkage: http://www.kptv.com/news/18306995/detail.html

I could think of LOTS of other breeders to apply this to, not just the druggies.
Anonymous User
Re: Group Pays Addicts To Use Birth Control
December 18, 2008
Like those farking losers are gonna remember to use it??
Anonymous User
December 18, 2008
Haha! True, but some of the men were given vasectomies...
December 18, 2008
I wish I'd get paid for using my birth control.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 18, 2008
Paying these jackasses is the only way they'll ever use it. Funny how these morons will gobble every pill in sight except a birth control pill.

It's a good thing the permanent option is available, too.
December 18, 2008
I have always thought they should give addicts the option of free needles, methadone, or whatever else in exchange for permanent sterilization.

But then again, I also think that for each welfare child you have, you should be taxed or fined. And if your kids grow up and end up on welfare, they should be fined as well and sterilized. Stop enabling the cycle and fix the damned issues.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 18, 2008

I have always thought they should give addicts the option of free needles, methadone, or whatever else in exchange for permanent sterilization.

But then again, I also think that for each welfare child you have, you should be taxed or fined. And if your kids grow up and end up on welfare, they should be fined as well and sterilized. Stop enabling the cycle and fix the damned issues.

But...but Annie...that would make SENSE. That would be like, progress and shit. We don't want that! *sarcasm dripping down chin*:nerd
December 18, 2008
Of course this is VERY upsetting to religious fundies of all denominations, but most especially The Catholic Church. They consider this "eugenics" and "pro death". This past fall a young state representative (R) from Louisiana proposed that the state pay welfare recipients 1k if they got sterilized voluntarily. ALL of the fundies came out in great numbers and he was cast down, belittled, "disciplined" and got NO support from any of his co-politicians. I thought that he had a good idea except, part of his proposal went on to say that NON welfare famblees should get MORE tax breaks to breed. He really didn't have a leg to stand on since he was so damned prejudicial about who got sterilized and who didn't, but even if he had made that proposal to include ALL people, they still would have blasted him into next week.

He has since withdrawn his proposal and apologized for being offensive.eye rolling smiley

The "PROPOSAL"
"A Louisiana state lawmaker was removed from his position as vice chairman of the House Health and Welfare Committee Monday, over a controversial proposal he made two weeks ago.....
had proposed paying poor women $1,000 to voluntarily undergo tubal ligation – and other forms of sterilization.
“I realized all these people were in Louisiana’s care and what a massive financial responsibility that is to the state,” LaBruzzo told the New Orleans CityBusiness newspaper on Sept. 23. “I said, ‘I wonder if it might be a good idea to pay some of these people to get sterilized.'”:yeah

The public outrageninja

"A state civil rights group....started a petition drive asking Republican and Democratic legislators to unite in condemning LaBruzzo’s proposal...

“It was embarrassing that our state representative could say something like this,” spokeswoman Tracie Washington said. “Folks are really outraged by what he has done.”...

“Some of the comments made by Rep. LaBruzzo recently have impeded his abilities to help lead critical health-care reform and be an effective member of our leadership team," House Speaker Jim Tucker, also a Republican, said in a statement....

"...Several Louisiana lawmakers have condemned the proposal--including State Sen. Julie Quinn, a Republican....

“Rep. John LaBruzzo does not speak for Louisiana or represent the majority of views here,”.... so it’s a relatively small percentage of people who may agree with his views.”

“This (proposal) is not, to the best of my knowledge and understanding, something that the Republican Party would ever be supportive of. It’s anti-life and the Republican Party stands for pro-life,” Quinn said. “It’s certainly short-term thinking, rather than long-term thinking. Long-term thinking is finding solutions to poverty.”

"...Calls to the Republican National Committee in Washington, D.C., were also not returned. The GOP platform affirms a pro-life ethic.

... Democratic spokesman Scott Jordan called it “insensitive, offensive and reckless.”

"...And pro-life groups--especially those in Louisiana--have been unanimous in their opposition to LaBruzzo...."

Cynthia Labutka, of the Louisiana chapter of Silent No More, called LaBruzzo’s proposal “disgusting” and “disrespectful.” She told CNSNews.com that there were many who were disgusted “that a fellow citizen of the state of Louisiana would suggest something so death-oriented.”

Silent No More is a pro-life organization dedicated to “raising awareness about the devastation and harm abortion brings to women and men.”

“They don’t need tubal ligation; they need help and life-transformation,” Collins told CNSNews.com. “And that’s what we do.”

"...Dorinda Bordlee, executive director of the Bioethics Defense Fund in Louisiana, meanwhile, condemned LaBruzzo’s proposal, but said she has been told he has rejected his own proposal."

“Representative LaBruzzo is a man with a deep commitment to the pro-life cause,” Bordlee said. “We are not surprised that he quickly rejected the merits of the sterilization proposal, which clearly violates human dignity and short-circuits more responsible policies that create incentives for families in poverty to access quality education and opportunities for achievement.”

confused smiley Ironically, LaBruzzo and his proposal seemed to receive at least some measure of support from only one group- PETA, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

“We would like to join your efforts to stem the tide of unwanted births in your state by encouraging you to go a step further than your current plan to encourage low-income women to use birth control,” the animal rights group said in an open letter Sept. 30."

“Overpopulation isn’t just a human problem, and PETA believes that everyone should consider the impact that population growth of all types has on the Earth, animals, and our limited resources. Please consider introducing a separate bill that would provide low- or no-cost spay and-neuter programs for the dogs and cats of underserved families in Louisiana.”

eye rolling smiley At least PETA jumped on one bandwagon when it made sense. WHERE do any of these people get the idea that birth control or sterilization is "pro death" or has anything to do with abortion? Does anyone know the answer to that, because I sure have NO idea at all.confused smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login