Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No men allowed?

Posted by Rose Red 
Re: No men allowed?
December 18, 2008
I agree with much that's been written above, but on the other hand...

1 - Redbook is a women's mag, written by women, for women. They always seemed to be the mag of choice for grownup women (ie over-30s), especially divorcees and widows for some reason. And I always thought it was Redbook editorial policy that tried to rise above the 'gotta have a man' life perspective.

2 - Can anyone name more that 3 important, heavily-publicised and box-office blockbusting actresses over the age of 45? How does that contrast with the number of important, heavily-publicised box-office blockbusting actors over the age of 45?

3 - Aside from Barbara Walters, are there ANY women over the age of 60 who are allowed to appear on television regularly? Or are they so unsightly and boring that they have to remain invisible?

4 - How many mixed television news teams (male and female) consist of an older woman and a younger man rather than the usual combination of some old farty fella and a stupid young girl who'll flirt with him?

5 - Last time I checked, there were zero female media moguls to the likes of Katzenberg, Murdoch, etc. It's the men who own the media.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
December 18, 2008
"The state of the family is shifting for some reason, and all it's doing is creating more and more rude, uneducated, entitled little brats."

THISTHISTHIS!!!! And people equate gays marrying/raising families with defectiveness??? Puh-leez! lurking Make me laugh!
December 18, 2008
TXGal Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "The state of the family is shifting for some
> reason, and all it's doing is creating more and
> more rude, uneducated, entitled little brats."
>
> THISTHISTHIS!!!! And people equate gays
> marrying/raising families with defectiveness???
> Puh-leez! lurking Make me laugh!

Until parents start taking responsibilty for their mistakes, nothing will ever change. Parents don't want to admit they messed up TMIJITW and sucked at it.
I agree about you statement on gay marriage, obviously todays family structure is a failure.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Kaia
December 18, 2008
I think the main problem is this entitlement attitude. Men and Women's problems are due to lack of respect from both people. Most marriages these days are not about man and wife uniting together, instead, all either person is thinking is what can I get out of this relationship. If both sides would realize it's not all about them all the damn time I think Men and Women's relationships would drastically improve, and then their kids might actually stand a chance to grow up to be something other than whiney cunt turds.

Kaia
December 19, 2008
but its a feedback loop, one person has a bad thing happen, then they use that as a benchmark of the next, and it goes round and round, each time it gets worse, people get more annoyed, and so it feeds back into the system, making everything worse and worse.. thereby creating the problem in the first place.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login