Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

But you know the SADDEST thing about it is...

Posted by Amethyst 
But you know the SADDEST thing about it is...
December 18, 2008
One of my colleagues died last night. She was only about 35 and she died of brain cancer.

Although we used to collaborate on lots of projects, I hadn't seen her in several months, since the start of her sick leave. I actually thought she had become well and moved on to another company, because frankly that's what usually happens even in the case of brain tumours -- when it involves someone young, fit and healthy, they have excellent chances of survival. Doctors know how to deal with cancer so effectively these days that it's not unusual for people to be up and about and permanently cancer-free after one or two courses of treatment. Sadly that was not the case for poor Kerrie.

When I got the news and gathered my team to break the news to them, they were pretty shocked. But, natch, one of the team wasn't so shocked that he couldn't help himself saying: "But you know the saddest thing about it is, you know, the young baby she had." He, of course, has a 10-month-old himself. I can only presume he thinks we would all agree it would be much worse if for example he himself died rather than than any other member of my team, who are all child-free.

Prick.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Re: But you know the SADDEST thing about it is...
December 18, 2008
I am sorry to hear about her death.

I am also sorry you had to endure that moronic statement.
Sometimes, I wish I had a mute button.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 18, 2008
Oh God yes, a baybee left behind ALIVE AND WELL, when moomie/duddy dies, is ALWAYS to be pittied over any deceased adult themselves or the various spouses and famblee like parents, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, friends etc...This is one of my biggest pet peeves regarding the childed when anyone dies. "At least she had no kids to leave behind", "At least her last kyd just went to college", "It's so sad because his grandpups will never know him", "It's so sad because she left behind 3 small chyyldrun...", and so on. The one I posted yesterday about the woman who claims she was "kept going" by her kyds when she was trapped in a ravine, also said something that I couldn't help but notice the PURE selfishness of it.

When she said something to the effect of, "'....I stayed alive because I just would not leave my kyds behind", what the hell does that say for people like Kerrie, who DID die? I thought that was especially insensitive to say considering it's likely that some of her reading audience has been widowed and left with kyds, OR they currently have a terminal illness and have kyds. Are parents who say shit like that implying that they always have a "choice" as to when or IF they will die? Does that mean that when the childed die that they didn't care or love their kyds as much as the ones who survived an accident, illness, or an act of God?

As is typical, this young man who said that could ONLY think of his OWN situation and was completely incapable of having or showing any empathy to anyone else who was friends with or a part of this young woman's family. The fact that she left a kid behind was his ONLY thought and even that was probably caused by his fear of his own death, rather than any genuine sympathy OR care about his own kyd. That was an egregiously transparent comment created from the bowels of his true selfishness and narcicism.
December 19, 2008
The saddest part is that a valued, creative, beautiful person died. Period.

That she sadly left family members behind of various ages, who hopefully will remember her with love, is a separate issue.

Idiot.
I can only presume he thinks we would all agree it would be much worse if for example he himself died rather than than any other member of my team, who are all child-free.

Well... yeah. That's actually true. And if you die while swallowing a balloon, that's even considered FUNNY.
December 19, 2008
icantbelieve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can only presume he thinks we would all agree it
> would be much worse if for example he himself died
> rather than than any other member of my team, who
> are all child-free.
>
> Well... yeah. That's actually true. And if you die
> while swallowing a balloon, that's even considered
> FUNNY.

Do us a favor. Swallow a balloon.
December 19, 2008
Wow, trolling a post made by a person grieving over the death of a close colleague is the pinnacle of class and social grace./sarcasm off.

And we're supposedly the hateful ones.
December 19, 2008
icantbelieve Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I can only presume he thinks we would all agree it
> would be much worse if for example he himself died
> rather than than any other member of my team, who
> are all child-free.
>
> Well... yeah. That's actually true. And if you die
> while swallowing a balloon, that's even considered
> FUNNY.

Make no mistake, I don't think that child's balloon death was the least bit funny. I think it was criminal on the part of the parents and that they should be prosecuted, as should ALL so called "accidental" child deaths. I also don't think it's the least bit funny to charge in on a topic about someone's death and make smart assed comments either. If having had a child makes a person's death "more sad" to you, that says a lot right there about your character, so why don't you just fuck off?
December 19, 2008
Trouble is, Moocows are so horrible, so idiotic, so pathetic, that no grown adult with a brain could possibly have any reason at all to love them. So they have to manufacture their own small children so that they're loved by someone/something. Well, sort of loved by someone. I've heard children screaming at the tops of their lungs "Mommy I hate you I hate you I hate you!", and er I believe they mean it, frankly.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login