Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1254 Grandparents Wanting Kids

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
1254 Grandparents Wanting Kids
April 21, 2006
You know, you've hit on an interesting topic. As militantly childfree as I am, I never even thought of this. Now that I do, it makes perfect sense, but also makes me ill. There are a lot of weirdo pahrunts out there so anything is possible.
Re: 1254 Grandparents Wanting Kids
April 21, 2006
Didn't Freud have a special name for this kind of thing?
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 21, 2006
EEEEEEW....... I'm getting visuals that are scaring me.
April 21, 2006
Yuck. As if I didn't already think breeders are sick in the head.
Water Lily
April 21, 2006
I've also seen where the parents put an amazing amount of pressure on their kids to sprog, and then once they do, to sprog even more... OR put that same pressure on someone who is childfree to sprog... POINTLESS!
Anonymous User
April 21, 2006
I think most wannabe grandmoos & grandduhs think having a grandsprog is some kind of reward for their own years of suffering & self-denial. They realized that the supposed pleasures of raising kids didn't pay off like they expected, so grandsprogs are their last attempt at fulfillment.

My own mom spent her life raising us 4 kids & working her ass off. She is a very creative & intelligent person who wanted to be a paramedic, do crafts, etc. But all her energies went into raising us and working crappy jobs, so those interests were never cultivated.

Now that we're grown, she's still so focused on caring for babies & kids. She can't get enough of her 18mo old granddaughter & said she'd raise her if she could. The emotional clashes between her, my bro & sil have been horrible since this kid was born.

Luckily my parents (both retired) are starting to take trips and re-learning to enjoy themselves. I was so happy that they went to San Francisco together and had a great time. They're going somewhere again next month. It seems they're just realizing that they must be happy in themselves and that grandkids (or lack therof) aren't the answer.
Water Lily
April 21, 2006
I've noticed that many parents are in so much denial.
April 22, 2006
there was a story a few years ago about a woman who was having problems having a kid. ok, so she got a surrogate mother for it.. her MOTHER. yes you heard me, the mother of the girl with the problem gave birth to her own grand daughter

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3441939.stm

A woman has given birth to her own grandchildren after becoming a surrogate for her daughter

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Water Lily
April 22, 2006
Leaning toward childfree
April 22, 2006
Oh God. That is gross. Almost as gross as that sixty year old giving birth, or that Britney Spears statue, or that one statue of the pregnant dwarf in London.

I guess that my primary point only applies to dysfunctional families. I remember reading a post here that talked about a radio show where little boys became "little men" for their divorced mothers. There's also fathers who are so overprotective of their daughters it's almost as if they're dating her, that she is their property. Then again, that could be a control issue, but controlling your daughter's vagina is just plain wrong. People, get a hobby.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.