Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

In spirit of the season, I just wanted to say...

Posted by CherryBlossom 
In spirit of the season, I just wanted to say...
December 19, 2008

Re: In spirit of the season, I just wanted to say...
December 19, 2008
If I posted anything like that on my local community forum down here in the bible belt, I'd be hunted down and stoned to death. Once I brought up a question in the "religion/controversy" forum that I thought was reasonable and not too sacrilegious. It was around the time that Discovery channel did that series about how ALL humans are descended from this one African woman. Anyway, my question was this: If archeologists discovered the family tomb of Jesus, Mary, Joseph and their other sons and possibly daughters, it was verified by world renowned CHRISTIAN religious scholars and independent CHRISTIAN theologians and CHRISTIAN historians that this was IN FACT the family tomb of Jesus, AND a DNA test was performed on the remains and it was determined that all of the children, INCLUDING JESUS, were the undisputed biological offspring of Mary AND Joseph, what would they think and how would they feel about it?

It was at this time, after having read their comments and replies, that I realized that at NO TIME would I EVER become involved in a religious or any type of intellectual discussion or debate with any of these people. The members of that forum are well educated with news reporters, lawyers, teachers, and doctors among the membership, yet they are brainwashed, ignorant, and backward. It's downright frightening how stupid people in the bible belt can be as well as narrow minded. I wouldn't dare let any one of them know I am CF, THAT'S for sure. I am not joking, these people, as many down south are, will do just about anything in the "name of their Lord". That story about the woman getting publically ridiculed in church that Annie posted on here, happens in this area quite often, I am told. I wonder if people are that stupid and ignorant up north, surely not.
Re: In spirit of the season, I just wanted to say...
December 19, 2008
Hmm... I'm sure people up here are pretty batshit about it as the Southerners... Perhaps not as crazy, though. But I'm probably not the right person to ask... I've only been in the area (the country) for a short period of time, and I don't get out often enough to tell. Australia isn't as frothing-at-the-mouth-crazy about religion like how it is here (but we're slowly getting there)... Or at least in the state/area I lived in.

Speaking of those silly church signs I mentioned earlier, I saw one about two months back that read, "God lowered the gas prices so you can get to church on Sunday". Yeah, okay... eye rolling smiley

Anyway, my question was this: If archeologists discovered the family tomb of Jesus, Mary, Joseph and their other sons and possibly daughters, it was verified by world renowned CHRISTIAN religious scholars and independent CHRISTIAN theologians and CHRISTIAN historians that this was IN FACT the family tomb of Jesus, AND a DNA test was performed on the remains and it was determined that all of the children, INCLUDING JESUS, were the undisputed biological offspring of Mary AND Joseph, what would they think and how would they feel about it?

Oh, they would deny it up and down, screaming and kicking all the way. There would be religious riots and violence and all sorts of hysteria. Especially down South... I can only imagine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login