Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents Complain Barack Obama's inauguration is not 'kid-friendly'

Posted by Anonymous User 
Barack Obama's inauguration isn't kid-friendly

http://blog.syracuse.com/family/2008/12/sorry_kids_youre_not_welcome_a.html

Inaugural Nudge: Leave The Little Guys at Home

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/03/AR2008120303396.html

This is for security reasons, but yet they still complain.
Re: Parents Complain Barack Obama's inauguration is not 'kid-friendly'
December 20, 2008
"...Kids belong at the inauguration more than anyone else. They are our future...."

That right there is probably the shittiest thing said in the entire ridiculous article. My answer to that is that if the kyds are our future, then they belong at FUTURE inaugurations when they will be old enough to understand and not wail and ruin it for everyone else who is in attendance. WHY do kyds belong there "more" than anyone else? Do kyds pay taxes or will they be paying taxes while Obama is in office? Can kyds vote? Do kyds pay bills? Do kyds hold jobs? I don't see a big deal with older kids being there, but SMOOV type strollers should be BANNED from the whole event for safety and security purposes of ALL who are in attendance, even the ones who belong there "less" than the kyds. If older kids, say 10 and up, have the maturity and understanding of what is going on then SURE, let them in. However, dressing up a toddler or worse, an infant and doing the baybee stalking thing for every camera in sight is just a safety and security issue for EVERYONE, including their own children.

I noticed that the comments already posted don't sound too kid friendly either. Isn't there ANYTHING sacred anymore? Why can't these people keep their young children at home, where they clearly belong for an event like this? Has it not crossed their minds that due to the sensitive racial issues regarding our new president elect, that it is HIGHLY possible that some foolish group like the KKK might attempt to pull some stunt like a bomb or shooting, not giving a care in the world how many baybees might catch a stray bullet or some shrapnel? The secret service needs to concentrate on Obama and his staff's safety, NOT be worrying over every SMOOV stroller fender bender, sudden bellowing out and screamings, and searching through tons and tons of baybee-kinder crap for weapons or bombs. I wish for once that breeders would actually think about what is best for other people, as WELL as their own children, instead of thinking only of themselves and their kiddie-Forrest Gump-type scrap books.
This one is just beautiful:

I would worry about the safety of children with that many people attending. The psychological/emotional states of many people are going to be ping-y. I would not take children younger than 10 anywhere near an inauguration.

But, knowing some of these parents, who think their littleis an anointed one, they will get all gussied up for the event and run over the rest of the people with their $500 stroller. Because this is history!

Rude, pushy parents who hog sidewalks with their strollers have a special place in hell waiting for them.
I can predict what's going to happen already. Some group similar to the titnazis are going to invade en masse with the SMOOV strollers, and once they're not let in, they're going to do some kind of sit-in.

And then they'll go to Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck and they'll get their airtime and Billo/Glenn will bitch about them durn liburls adding rules and that the brats are Americans too and they should get to hang out at History (with a capital H, of course).
kidlesskim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "...Kids belong at the inauguration more than
> anyone else. They are our future...."
>
>
> That right there is probably the shittiest thing
> said in the entire ridiculous article.
I agree. Goddam that Whitney Houston.

> I wish for once that
> breeders would actually think about what is best
> for other people, as WELL as their own children,
> instead of thinking only of themselves and their
> kiddie-Forrest Gump-type scrap books.
You're a glass half full kind of person aren't you?
December 21, 2008
likes2lurk Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> You're a glass half full kind of person aren't
> you?

Sorry to be OT, but this saying irks the hell out of me because the glass is always half-empty AND half-full AT THE SAME FRIGGIN' TIME!!!!!11!1 It's like a cliche AND a bingo! ARGH!

Eleventy!angry smiley

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 21, 2008
I would be willing to bet that the careless parents who "forgot" their kids were strapped into a "rear facing carseat" (that's the newest and trendy excuse for forgetting them, an "out of sight" kind of thing), and parents who didn't want to appear over protective and let their kids wander off to an arcade unsupervised, only later to be abducted raped and murdered, and who looked at that "half full" glass instead of being cautious when they allowed their kid to; hang out in "do not enter areas" with known boulders and landslides present and their daughter was crushed to death, go wandering around in the woods with friends and get lost and starve or freeze to death, play with fireworks at kindergarten ages and blow their hands off (but fireworks are so "pretty"), or fish off a rural bankside alone and get dragged off by an alligator or meet up with a Cotton Mouth, or allow them to play online unsupervised (EVERYone is doing it, afterall) as a young and depressed teen and be lured into a fraudulent "love affair" and later hang herself in her own closet because of it, or letting them play in or around dangerous adult type toys like water sport related things and either drown or die from a traumatic brain injury, or any number of other childhood accidents, injuries or deaths which my parents never allowed to happen to any of us because they exercised common sense, reasonable care, and caution.

Yeah, I would say that THOSE parents probably only wished they had seen a half empty glass, then perhaps their child wouldn't be pushing up the daisies today. It IS the parents' faults when a child is injured or dies in an "accident", directly or indirectly, in over 90% of the cases. In every single case I have ever personally known about, read about or heard about, the surviving parent ALWAYS says things that typically begin with, "If I had only.........." So, don't tell ME that seeing a half empty glass regarding those kids attending the inuauguration and their own safety is a bad thing. Just hold onto that thought and tell it to the next careless parent of a dead child who says, "I wish I had not insisted on taking Baybee Einstein to that inauguration. I wish I had thought about his safety rather than his being at a historical event. If only......" If the inauguration winds up accident and injury free for the kids in attendance, which would be surprising, then it will be something else, of THAT you can be certain.

You people need to start heeding warnings instead of claiming that some people are too cautious or negative. It just might save you the price of a 3 ft coffin and a lifetime of "what ifs" and immeasurable suffering, not that you wouldn't deserve it.
December 22, 2008
I'd just ask what kind of horrible parent is going to want to take their precious en-strollered child to stand in the January weather for an doG knows how long to watch something they aren't even cognizant of? I mean, we had a president who DIED as a result of standing in that weather for too long. (Unfortunately, I don't remember what president...one of the old timey ones)

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Feh
I'd just ask what kind of horrible parent is going to want to take their precious en-strollered child to stand in the January weather for an doG knows how long to watch something they aren't even cognizant of? I mean, we had a president who DIED as a result of standing in that weather for too long. (Unfortunately, I don't remember what president...one of the old timey ones)

The president was William Henry Harrison and he died in 1841 after he read a 2-hour inaugural address outside without an overcoat. He got sick a few weeks later (but not necessarily from the outdoor exposure) and died shortly after that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Henry_Harrison
December 22, 2008
See?!! It's pretty much true!! Thanks Deegee.

And what type of horrible person would subject a child to that potential risk? A breeder.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 22, 2008
The Presidential Inauguration had better NOT be fucking kid-friendly.

This is an important ceremonial occasion denoting the entrance of one chosen individual into one of the most powerful roles in the history of this fine planet.

It's not lunchy-time at Tumbling Tots Nursery.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
December 22, 2008
They've already said that they're gonna have only 1 Porta-Potty for every 500 people (apparently the usual ratio for crowd events is 1 per 300 people) and what is Mommie gonna do when she needs to change her precious one? Or when the kids need to go, yet again, from sucking on the juice in their cute little sippy cups? Plus it's freezing cold, it will be extremely tiring because there is a long walk involved, and with up to a million (!) people estimated to attend, could there be any better opportunity for a child to get lost? Much less abducted. Who in their right mind would take a kid younger than 10-ish to this event?

How come when Mommie was a wee one and was then "the hope of our future" she never turned out to achieve a damn thing except to put more pressure on the Earth by having another unnecessary kid? Why does she think her kid will do any different? The bell curve of life shows that most people are average, like hers will most likely be. Some hope.
December 23, 2008
I'm sure there will be breeders who plead ignorance of the guidelines.

"You can't slit the throat of every cocksucker whose character it would improve."
-Al Swearingen
December 23, 2008
What would a baby or toddler in a stroller get out of the Inauguration? This is just parents' way of screaming because no one is bowing to them and their kids. This shin-dig is going to be a security nightmare already. I would NOT want to work detail in D.C. that day if I was still in the field and living in the Capitol. The idea of one portable toilet for hundreds of people makes me run screaming. Rose Red, I know the drill of people claiming they did not know the guidelines and expecting rules to be broken because they are them. Got that enough just working corporate security. yawning smiley
Well, I guess if kids were allowed, they'd be afraid some anti-Obama parent would strap explosives to their kid, let the kid tottle innocently up to Obama - who would suspect a little kid could do harm, right? and BOOM!

LOL just my sick thought for the day. smiling smiley
Man, my husband and I LIVE in the National Capital Area and if I weren't on the on-call roster for this month, we both would've high-tailed it outta town to Florida that weekend. Instead, we're sheltering in place at home to do some massive housecleaning and other chores and are not going ANYWHERE that weekend, since over 4 MILLION people are expected to descend upon DC. To give you an idea of the kind of crowd that's expected to be in town, if you look at the crowd gathered on the National Mall for the 4th of July fireworks, it's about 500,000 people. One of my friends said that she and her husband were in jeopardy of getting pushed onto the METRO tracks when the fireworks show finished. Can you IMAGINE what it's going to be like for ANYONE trying to navigate the METRO and just about anywhere else in this town that weekend? ANYONE who would even THINK of bringing their brood here for that weekend needs to have their head examined! With a crowd that big, DON'T YOU KNOW some fool idiot is going to try something stupid and heaven help whoever is in the pathway of whatever happens.

Fortunately, all Federal staff in the National Capital Area have Inauguration Day as a holiday, simply because it is expected that the crowds are going to be so bad that the typical commute would be just about impossible. What is completely laughable is that unless you are in the "inner circles" and know people in the higher brass, about the closest you're going to get to the event is Union Station. Not to mention the fact that if it rains, the whole event is held in the Capitol rotunda with only the President, VP, their immediate families, and the media present. Bottom line, someone PLEASE broadcast to these people to STAY AT HOME and watch the darn thing on TV!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login