Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BOARD UPGRADE: REPORT BUGS HERE - UPDATED

Posted by Ex_Admin 
BOARD UPGRADE: REPORT BUGS HERE - UPDATED
December 22, 2008
Whew, glad that went better than the last time! As you can see, the upgrade went much better this morning! Woohoo!

However, I'm not done yet. As you may notice, there are still some things I need to fix:
  • Some older posts appear to be gone (like the flipping FAQ, lol). They aren't. They just aren't showing up.
  • The RSS feature seems to work only on some threads. I really want it to work because the older board version was very mobile friendly and I want to make sure the board stays that way because I often use my mobile to read the board.
  • The print view is hard on my eyes. I've got to change those colors.
  • I also plan to add some skins (so you change how you view the forum if you're a registered user).
Some of the problems I had last week and this morning were due to my hosting company - they use an older version of MySQL which required a few work arounds. That's the reason some older posts aren't showing up. The fix is a little complicated for me to do right now because I might well fall asleep in the middle of it. grinning smiley

So, test it out and let me know what works and what doesn't, if you get any strange error messages, or what you'd like to see added (including smilies!). I'm gonna hit the hay and I'll check back this afternoon.

Thanks for your patience and good luck wishes...I think it helped - 2nd time was a charm!
Re: BOARD UPGRADE: REPORT BUGS HERE
December 22, 2008
Not bad... I'm still trying to get used to the format... Not sure if I like it yet. It's quite a change, but change is always good, lol. Keep up the excellent work. Thank you
December 22, 2008
I had to create a new profile to get in, just a variation of my old one.
When I tried to use my email address it complained that someone else (me) already had it and use another.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
deegee
December 22, 2008
I like the larger font size. It is a little easier on the eyes.
December 22, 2008
Fancy!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 22, 2008
So far, so good. I like the bigger font, too.
December 22, 2008
I like the larger font too. Thanks for all your hard work! smiling smiley

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
December 22, 2008
CherryBlossom
Not bad... I'm still trying to get used to the format... Not sure if I like it yet. It's quite a change, but change is always good, lol. Keep up the excellent work. Thank you

Me too...after almost 4 years of the old look, it looks strange to me. The colors are meh. So, I'm not sure if it will remain exactly like this. Stay tuned... smiling smiley
December 22, 2008
twocents
I had to create a new profile to get in, just a variation of my old one.
When I tried to use my email address it complained that someone else (me) already had it and use another.

Yikes! The upgrade ate your 2 cents. I tried to fix it...let me know if I did not. Sorry about that.
Anonymous User
December 22, 2008
Um, would it be possible to add a header line btw the posting and the signature lines? Some users have 30ish sig quotes, which at times far outweigh their posted thoughts...
December 22, 2008
Nice job; easier to read for me too. Thanks for your time in upgrading it!
December 22, 2008
Yay! I like it. No bugs so far.
December 23, 2008
something weird,

just checking on the forum and i see the last post/topic was the 15 may 2008

Bratfree Childfree Forum
This is the place to discuss rants or for general childfree discussion.

» Mark Forum Read » RSS 4,537 48,799 May 15, 2008 06:01AM

dont know if its a bug or a error..

***edit its back to normal..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 23, 2008
Congratulations on creating a board full of hateful women (and men) who poison the world with hate and bitterness. Brav-o (Thanks, but I think you've cornered the market on hate and bitterness. Shove over and make some room, would ya? We need to hate some more on breeders who neglect their children while they troll the Internet all day.) - Admin
December 23, 2008
Congratulations on creating a board full of hateful women who poison the world with hate and bitterness. Brav-o

What makes you think we're all women? We're Equal Opportunity Hatersâ„¢. Please don't make sweeping generalizations. Try thinking "outside of the box".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 23, 2008
I gotta remember the message list link is at the top of the page and..
The links to the next page (or previous one) is at the bottom.
I miss all the links at the top and the bottom for wherever you wanted to go.
Other than that, I think the board is just dandy. I can see it easier.

Oh, and guest, go back to your sacred mommy boards. We are here because we don't want to deal with you. We cannot get away from mommy hellspawn save here. Get away you bitch.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
December 23, 2008
can i join your club gals.. apparently i must be a woman if i dont want kids.. as all men must wanna breed..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
deegee
December 23, 2008
I don't know if this is a bug or not, or if anyone else has this problem, but I would like to bring it up here and now.

Each post includes the date and time it was made. However, the time shown is actually one hour earlier than it really is here. When I check the board to see which threads have been updated since my last visit, I always have to remember to add one hour. Is there a way I can change a setting so that I can select the correct time zone (I presume that is what determines this, as I have done this on other message boards) and straighten this out? I am in the Eastern (USA) Time Zone and we observe Daylight Saving Time even though we are on (Eastern) Standard Time now. I don't recall if I had this problem before we changed our clocks in early November.

Thanks.
December 23, 2008
In the user control panel, there is a field for selecting your time zone from a menu (where it says Forum Settings, on the left near the bottom).

You can do other things there too.

For example, I uploaded an avatar, but it's not showing up in my posts! I checked off "select" next to it, and it is within the size/space constraints, and "Do not display avatar" is NOT checked.

Please advise, Admin!

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

December 23, 2008
Thanks poofy. I was not registered so I had to do that first before I could see the feature you described. Once I did that, I was fine.

By the way, there was a box for "Daylight Saving Time Active". Do I check that if DST is applicable even if we are not observing at the moment? Or does the system "know" to adjust the times when we return to it in March? It is hardly crucial now but it will matter in a few months.
December 23, 2008
Marzipan
Um, would it be possible to add a header line btw the posting and the signature lines? Some users have 30ish sig quotes, which at times far outweigh their posted thoughts...

That's one of the features I tried to add, but doesn't work. Unless my hosting company upgrades my server or I can find someone to tweak code for me, I won't be able to add it.
December 23, 2008
poofy_puff
For example, I uploaded an avatar, but it's not showing up in my posts! I checked off "select" next to it, and it is within the size/space constraints, and "Do not display avatar" is NOT checked.

Please advise, Admin!

This is another feature I added but likely doesn't work because of my server. I've asked my hosting company about upgrading it, so we'll see.
Anonymous User
December 24, 2008
Coming from someone brand spanking new to the board (the old board style I only saw for one day), I say this is an improvement! It's a little easier for me to navigate, but that may be because other boards I've posted on have been more this style. I like it, and I like the color scheme too, actually!
The Avatars work, yay!
December 25, 2008
I know I have said that I like this board because it doesn't have "bullshit like avatars" and so forth, but that was before I swiped this one from someone on Customers Suck!

Re: The Avatars work, yay!
December 25, 2008
And when this board started, I silently vowed to keep it simple and not add too much stuff. First the smilies...now the avatars. shrug What can I say? I'm just a sucker for animated gifs and smilies!

But - if you're registered, you can turn avatars off (love yours, BTW).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login