Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welfare MOOs Whining About Working.

Posted by CherryBlossom 
Welfare MOOs Whining About Working.
December 22, 2008
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/latest/5227819/bikini-mums-stage-welfare-rules-protest/

Single mothers in bikinis, wetsuits and snorkels have spread their beach towels outside a Melbourne Centrelink office to protest against welfare conditions forcing them to spend school holidays looking for work.

The women claim Welfare to Work conditions introduced by the Howard government in 2006 are onerous because they require single mothers to fulfil participation requirements 52 weeks of the year until their child is 16.

Single mother Lillian Hope said the requirements meant children can't spend holidays with their mum.

"Most Australians at this time of the year would be expecting to have a nice summer holiday with their families. But single families are not allowed summer holidays so we're here having our party at Centrelink," she said outside the South Melbourne Centrelink branch.

Ms Hope said she worked part-time as a court interpreter and was studying a PhD in international relations but neither of these were recognised as participation under Welfare to Work.

"I work in a highly skilled profession but under Welfare to Work I'm not allowed to keep that job.

"I have to leave that job and do a Work for the Dole program to satisfy participation requirements," she said.

"Welfare to Work is not benefiting the Australian economy, it is not benefiting single mothers and it is not benefiting our children," she said.

Under the Welfare to Work reforms introduced two years ago, single mothers are required to complete participation requirements once their youngest child turns seven and until the age of 16 to receive their benefits.

The requirements include looking or undertaking work for at least 15 hours a week.

The federal government is currently considering a report recommending changes to the Welfare to Work scheme, prepared by the Participation Taskforce.

Comment was being sought from Employment Participation Minister Brendan O'Connor.

Boo-fucking-hoo, you cunts. You wanted to get on the public tit, now you gotta work to stay on it. God... I HATE welfare breeder twats. angry flipping off
Re: Welfare MOOs Whining About Working.
December 22, 2008
see, i am unemployed, the uk has given more flexible working to parents (read mothers).. which means young people cant get these jobs, because they are stuck, and since you cant fire parents with kids.. what chance do the rest of the unemployed have.

notice they dont mention men, so while i agree i also disagree..men have no option, so if this schem is to work, then its got to be for all, no preferential treatment..

and while i know how hard it is to be unemployed.. its not easy to get the jobs.. but while the government does this, it wont solve the problem, it will make it worse.. why hire anyone when you can get people to do it free.. so they will not get a job.. and still be on the dole.. still pooting out brats..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 22, 2008
To the moms in the article: OK, if it's such a hardship to get free money then tell ya what. Go work in the private sector and make your own arrangements for holidays, k? And no more welfare money. There, is that better?

Idiots.
Idiocrate
December 22, 2008
check it out, we have welfare warriors http://welfarewarriors.org/ here in the states helping the whores not to have to go to any "welfare to work" programs.

the whole welfare to work thing is a sham anyhow. all it does is reduce benefits that are given directly to the moo, the benefits directly to the brats, given to moo to take care of the brats, is NEVER reduced or even discussed. Moos live off of that anyhow, and then turn around and get anything else they want met by charity groups.
December 23, 2008
Talk about a lack of perspective.
December 23, 2008
Typical.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login