Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Scary breeding statistics

Posted by Amethyst 
Scary breeding statistics
December 22, 2008
I'm so boring -- I was watching something about WW1 and WW2 and wondered what the population of the world would be now if so many people didn't die during those two wars. This includes soldiers and civilians killed. I'm not commenting on individual groups of people, just the population overall.

It's widely recognised that WW1 knocked off 40million people and WW2 knocked off 72million. Had these wars not happened and had these people not been killed but left to live out the rest of their lives naturally... which would have included, for many of them, breeding activity... what effect would that have had on today's population?

I used a pretty conservative statistic of 15 births per 1000 people per annum. This is slightly higher than the US's birthrate now, but significanly higher than Europe's and Japan's current birthrate. Conservative, but good enough for this.

So, if it weren't for WW1 we would have had an extra 40million people in 1917. This population would have, by now, produced 110million additional people. If it weren't for WW2 we would have had another 72million people on the planet in 1946. This population would have, by now, produced 129million additional people.

That'd be 239million more people (or more) on the planet today if it weren't for those two wars. About three quarters of them would've been born in Europe, about a quarter in the US. Europe is currently overcrowded at 500million. Can you imagine it at 680million? The US is currently at 305million. What kind of energy would it use if it were currently at 365million? That'd be 20 percent more than it is now. I'm not even counting casualties from any of the other wars in the 20th Century or earlier.

The point I'm getting at is: The more peace we win between people, the more we have to take seriously moves to reduce the breeding rate.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Re: Scary breeding statistics
December 22, 2008
They aren't smart enough to stop breeding.
They cannot get the connection between all the problems... all of them and their incessant sprogging.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Anonymous User
December 22, 2008
That’s not true, twocents, they get the connection – and they agree that *other people* should stop breeding, but they can’t fathom that the same rules apply to their superior genes.
Anonymous User
December 22, 2008
You're just looking at two wars. The humans are eliminating all the "neccessary evils" in the world. So what would be our population if we not only had not had our wars, but hadn't had such things as scarlet fever, small pox, the black plaque, etc. Oh, and what if the church truly believed in peace and joy and hadn't done the crusades, spanish inquisition, and witch trials?

It's all a paradox. The ones who profess that we need to "be fruitfull and multiply" have historically been the ones to help keep our population in check. I'm still waiting on a new devine inspired text that says "you were fruitfull and multiplied, now stop it already!"
December 22, 2008
Stephanie
That’s not true, twocents, they get the connection – and they agree that *other people* should stop breeding, but they can’t fathom that the same rules apply to their superior genes.

I think this is a correct statement. Many people want other races or anyone considered to have a "defect", or even with different religious beliefs, to stop breeding and have even gone to illegal and inhumane lengths to see that they do. Yet, they do not think that overpopulation applies to THEM or THEIR kids. I have known people who have very large famblees with 7 or 8 kyds (largely Catholic), who will stand right there with a straight face and make comments about "those people" should not have so many kyds or other derogatory comments... It's the same way that breeders feel when they move into quiet neighborhoods with mostly older-retired, single, or childless or child free people. It NEVER crosses their mind that THEIR kids are not welcomed as they will say things like the reason that they moved there was for "peace and quiet" as opposed to the "famblee neighborhoods.", They say these things as Snotley is scaling the neighbor's privacy fence, Shitford is skate boarding across another neighbor's driveway, kinder crap dotting their lawn is destroying the look of the area, their SMOOV's are parked AT the curb (unattractively and are an obstruction) rather than in the garage, but afterall it's so FILLED to the brim with kiddie bullshit that it won't close. Sprogella and Mermaidetta are SQUEALING at the tops of their lungs in the tacky, above ground back yard pool.

It never crosses their minds that THEY and THEIR kids are part of the problem, ever. These people are so incredibly selfish it's difficult to even begin to measure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login