Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What the hell is this fuckery?

Posted by Feh 
What the hell is this fuckery?
December 22, 2008
Phew, I dodged a bullet on Friday night. DH and I had been invited to his childed bandmate's house for his wife's birthday. I did not want to go for a wide variety of reasons, but said I would take my car and leave early as I had stuff to do. However, we had a massive snow fall that day, our parking lot didn't get plowed, I had to get some baking supplies and my car is not good in snow and I had to send my regrets.

When DH came home, he told me they had a sheet of quarters taped to the wall of the bathroom. Apparently, they've had a hard time potty training their boy (he's over 4 now), even though the father is home with him all day. Personally I think the boy is either slow or the dumbass SAHD is inept, or more likely a combination of both. Anyway, their new method of potty training is to give the boy a quarter for every time he pees in in the toilet and 3 quarters for every crap in the toilet. When he fills a sheet of paper with quarters, he gets a "prize". DH thought is was funny, because it's gotten to the point where the boy is totally just scamming them whenever he can. He'll tell the babysitter (another friend of ours) that he did both, but flushed before she could verify, and will try to do the same with his parents. I thought it was horrifying, because it has set up the expectation that he'll get a reward for simply doing something that is hygenic and socially acceptable. As if NOT having your pants filled with shit ISN'T it's own reward.

Anyway, I'm very glad I wasn't there when I discovered this information, because I'm pretty sure I would have said some things that would have gotten me banned from their house. Not like that'd be any big loss, but manufacturing excuses to avoid someone is a vastly different interpersonal situation than being banned outright.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Re: What the hell is this fuckery?
December 22, 2008
I would've walked out of the bathroom jingling a few quarters in my pocket, and just leave them to wonder if I had taken any coins as a reward for 'doing both' in their toilet.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Catabat
December 22, 2008
Ew. As if money isn't gross and grubby enough anyway, they have it hanging around in the bog? Ick. All kinds of wrong.
December 22, 2008
A lady here at the office gives her kids stickers on a sheet of paper, once she sheet is full, they take the kid to stuff his face with Happy Meals and ice cream.

Her kid is fat and learned quickly to play the game , to get the food.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 22, 2008
I think resorting to bribery is one of the WORST parenting habits. Why not just throw up your hands and give up while you're at it. You're not teaching the damn kid ANYTHING. Treat rewards work for dogs, not stupid children because they'll just take advantage of it.
December 22, 2008
My main beef is that it is bad practice reward a child simply for doing what is expected. The reward for shitting in the toilet should be not having shit in your pants. The reward for pissing in the toilet should be you don't have to wear a diaper. Were this child in some sort of public education, the additional reward would be not getting teased by his peers for soiling his pants at such an advanced age. Simple as that.

However, these breeders threw up their hands about 3 years ago when they realized that they can't keep tv from the child. If there is a tv in a house with a child, the child will watch it...and why should they deny themselves anything? In fact, the child does every single thing they said they wouldn't let it do, eat candy, watch tv, play video games, crap the bed (apparently), and basically run the house. Actually, they threw up their hands when they decided to have a child, but that's a whole nother issue.

I could go on and on about these horrible people. They're insane. They care so much about what they eat, driving for hours to get organic, raw milk and following all sorts of wacko diets, but could seriously care less about anything else. Books? Those are for nerds, and nerds aren't cool. Games? Puzzles? Nerdy! They'll be more than happy to have a mouth breathing jocko son who can't wipe his own ass, just so long as he's handsome and popular. I can't wait to see what they do to their daughter.

I used to like these people, now I hate them for all their shallow normalcy.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
December 22, 2008
I can't help but wonder what happens when the kid makes his first bank deposit. What is the going exchange rate on the open market for crap and piss in USD?
Anonymous User
December 22, 2008
i made a dollar before i even started work this morning....grinning smiley
December 22, 2008
Catabat
Ew. As if money isn't gross and grubby enough anyway, they have it hanging around in the bog? Ick. All kinds of wrong.

Urgh, yeah. Maybe I'm borderline OCD, but that is just gross!

And why must brats be bribed to do even the most basic things?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login