Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A very telling Christmas story

Posted by bell_flower 
A very telling Christmas story
December 22, 2008
Kim's latest post about philanthropy got me thinking....

This Christmas, my directorate at work sponsored four "Angels" from an Angel tree. I knew that for political reasons, I would have to contribute something. We have about 20 people in our directorate. I looked at the list of what the kids wanted, and I was impressed: books; coats; clothes; one kid wanted some character from a PBS show. Not a single v-chip or nintendo game to be found. My employer seems to screen these families pretty hard.

So I looked at what I wanted to give, and I settled on $45. Another woman in my office was the lead on the effort. She doesn't have children either, although I think she is childless rather than childfree. (We are the only ones in the whole directorate without children.)

When I gave her my donation, I think her eyes popped out of her head. She said, are you sure you want to give that much? Between 20 people, 18 of whom have children, a grand total of $175 was collected. Yours truly contributed 25 % of that.

So you see that while Breeders will blather on about how much they luuuuuve the childrun, the brutal truth is that they love THEIR OWN KIDS, but couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone else's kids, particularly if they are the wrong color.
Re: A very telling Christmas story
December 22, 2008
(snicker)

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

December 22, 2008
Very telling indeed.

I've always said it -- parents HATE other people's children. When the fuck did you ever see a parent doing anything for someone else's child? And I mean genuinely doing something for someone else's child -- and that DOESN'T involve their own children getting anything or doing anything, and that DOESN'T involve bragging to other parents at every opportunity how they sponsor this kid from Ethiopia or that kid from Cambodia, and that DOESN'T involve going on television talking about what a great philanthropist they are, and that DOESN'T involve adopting either, because adopting is all about them, not the kids they pick out.

(Anyone ask for a Red Rider bb gun with a scope in the stock??)

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
December 22, 2008
Amethyst
Very telling indeed.

I've always said it -- parents HATE other people's children. When the fuck did you ever see a parent doing anything for someone else's child? And I mean genuinely doing something for someone else's child -- and that DOESN'T involve their own children getting anything or doing anything, and that DOESN'T involve bragging to other parents at every opportunity how they sponsor this kid from Ethiopia or that kid from Cambodia, and that DOESN'T involve going on television talking about what a great philanthropist they are, and that DOESN'T involve adopting either, because adopting is all about them, not the kids they pick out.

I see this first hand where I work. Unless their children directly benefit from it, breeders want nothing to do with it. Finding parent mentors for the mentoring program is next to impossible.

(Anyone ask for a Red Rider bb gun with a scope in the stock??)

Don't forget about the compass and the thing which tells time.
December 22, 2008
I too, have observed this same greedy behavior toward other peoples' children in the past by breeders. I have also heard parents (ALWAYS moomies, as dad's always open up their wallets, well men in general do) say, " I am sponsoring my OWN kyds' Santa Claus", as if having kyds makes them immune from having to help anyone else. Breeders are nearly always on the receiving end and very rarely on the giving end, UNLESS like has been mentioned, it's a trade off of sorts for something which will inevitably benefit THEIR kyds, OR they will get public accolades and various pats on the back, or it will futher their public image or community popularity. They don't WANT to adopt "minority" kyds and they pretend it's because they want the child to blend in with their famblee better, or have fewer adjustment problems, or some other UNTRUE excuse which falls into the acceptable bingo category of being, "for the good of the chhyylllllld". When, in fact, the REAL reason, other than they are racially prejudiced, is that they do NOT want the general public to think that they have had sex with a black man. THIS is the NUMBER ONE true and most common reason why they will NOT adopt bi-racial kyds who appear in whole or part, African American.

Since it's socially acceptable, common place and well known, that foreign adoptions from especially China are popular and trendy, they are in no danger of anyone thinking that they had sex with a Chinaman. Although, if the child is Eurasain-black mix, they steer clear of those too and for the same reason. I am not making this up, I have personally known SEVERAL couples who bought kyds from Argentina and China, and they have actually told me that this is why they didn't adopt from The United States. It really is "about the chyyldren" I guess, IF he isn't retarded or racially mixed, or over age 2.
ih8breeders
December 22, 2008
bell_flower
Kim's latest post about philanthropy got me thinking....

This Christmas, my directorate at work sponsored four "Angels" from an Angel tree. I knew that for political reasons, I would have to contribute something. She said, are you sure you want to give that much? Between 20 people, 18 of whom have children, a grand total of $175 was collected. Yours truly contributed 25 % of that.

So you see that while Breeders will blather on about how much they luuuuuve the childrun, the brutal truth is that they love THEIR OWN KIDS, but couldn't give a rat's ass about anyone else's kids, particularly if they are the wrong color.

Yes, if you are cf and in a workplace, you will be FORCED to give to charity you don't want to give to. I don't care what kind of words come out of the side of anyone's mouth, if you are pressured by politics in the workplace, that *IS* force and not so different than the threat of a gun to your head to drag you off to jail on april 15, should you have any concerns about "giving" then, either.

When I used to be corporately employed, the way I would get around this, if at all possible, and if the donations were not being supervised closely was just to lie and say i gave when I did not. Simple.

The worst part is, these goddamned charities that go into the workplaces KNOW, the fucking KNOW, that people are pressured to give by workplace politics and they have absolutely NO PROBLEM with the strong arm tactic. This is why, aside from a few animal charities, charity is a filthy word in this household and all of these charity motherfuckers need to DIE NOW.

And yes, the truth about breeders is that the love their own kids, end of story. Welcome to Evolution and Natural Selection 101. The truth about breeders is as close as cracking open a biology book. They all think with their primordial brain stems when it comes to the keeeeyyyyuds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login