Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

UNREAL...what kind of IDIOT puts their kids in front of the snowplow??

Posted by Cheese Louise 
With our record snowfall, the plows are running nonstop trying to clear the streets. People are bitching if the plows don't come soon enough, and they also bitch because when they DO come, the plows leave a big berm of snow and ice at the end of your driveway that you have to dig out in order to be able to get in and out.

A real eye-blinker from today's paper:

Some have their young children stand in front of their driveways to discourage the plows from pushing the snow there, Johnson said. The biggest complaints seem to be that the plows push snow onto sidewalks and driveways.

WTF? Do they think they are re-creating Tiananmen Square?? There have also been reports of parents letting their kids built snow-forts IN THE STREET. With shit like this, no one can convince me that these fuckers aren't actively encouraging and hoping for post-natal abortions.

This is honestly a new low in paruntal stupidity.
Holy crow. What absolute idiocy.

Have they not heard of the kids that die from hanging around in snowbanks?

Also, what are the plows to do? Are they supposed to make the snow disappear entirely?

Oh, well. Go Darwin Go!
Re: UNREAL...what kind of IDIOT puts their kids in front of the snowplow??
December 26, 2008
It's only a matter of time before one or more of those kyds is a "tragic" headline. Record snowfall, HEAVY machinery, ice, slick areas, and kyds, do NOT mix. Besides, WHERE do they want the snow to be plowed TO? It is the height of stupidity to encourage or condone for a kyd, or anyone else for that matter, to block the path of a snow plow or any OTHER piece of heavy machinery. I am SICK and TIRED of all of the front end loaders, dump trucks, and munitions crews who have been blasting and clearing land and cutting through one of the sides of the mountain where I live for MONTHS. However, it has not crossed my mind to go stand in front of one of them as they plow down the hills, barely escaping landslides, or jump in the way of a dynamite blasting crew, or stand in the damned road in an attempt to stop them from making such a mess. This is SO stupid that it's unbelievable. WHEN a kyd is injured and/or killed , then I think that the parent who placed him in harm's way should be prosecuted. Most likely though, the "tragedy" will be buried on page 18 and they will get off scott free. I really wish that one of the older kyds would SAY something to a reporter like, "Mom told me to block the snowplow's path in our driveway, but I had better sense than to stand in front of heavy machinery while it was in use", or something.
December 26, 2008
And I'm sure when one of the plow drivers dumps snow onto a roadblock kyd or runs one over, the driver will get sued by the delightful parents for things like emotional distress, child endangerment, reckless driving, and they'll probably figure rape in there somehow too.
December 26, 2008
God, that is a new low in stupidity. Plus it's a lack of respect for the snowplow guys who are not sitting in a cozy warm home but who are out there battling the elements in a dangerous job involving freezing temps, icy roads, and heavy machinery. They are working to make the roads safer for everyone, and the LAST thing they need to worry about is glimpsing a kid at the last minute in a danger zone and trying to veer their multi-ton truck out of the way. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

Anyway, how stupid lazy are these parents? How long does it take to shovel away a berm? 15 minutes, tops? Is that so hard? We have one of those ergonomic bent-handle shovels and can do the whole driveway, maybe 50 feet, in 30-45 minutes and it's fun and good exercise.
"Some have their young children stand in front of their driveways to discourage the plows from pushing the snow there, Johnson said. The biggest complaints seem to be that the plows push snow onto sidewalks and driveways."

Why the hell the breeder are whining about the plow trucks to clean their driveways and when they should be blaming their kids for not let the plow drivers plow their driveway. The kids/moo show get a showel and dig their driveways themselves instead of slagging off the truckers.
I'd say the city should just say fine, and lable any street with a kid standing the drive-way an un-needed risk and not plow that street at all. Maybe the neighbors will use some pier pressur on the idiotic parents. Or maybe do what my parents would have done in that situation. After the trucks are done plowing, put a shovel in the kid's hands and have him shovel a patch threw the embankment.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login