Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The underlying reasons for the "Santa Massacre" are slowly unfolding

Posted by kidlesskim 
The underlying reasons for the "Santa Massacre" are slowly unfolding
December 26, 2008
I knew from the first moment that I had read about this that there was more to it that met the eye. This 45 y/o man, reportedly nice person, never in trouble, non violent past, aero-space employee, etc........dresses up like Santa, goes to his recently divorced wife's parents' home during a famblee Christmas party, shoots the eight y/o girl in the face who answers the door, opens fire, sprays the house down with flammable liquid and torches the place, just didn't make any sense. They are being very vague and secretive regarding victims' names and relationship to him, pending dental record confirmation, as well as what his motive might have been. So far, nine people are confirmed dead and there are several survivors who are injured (including the 8 y/o) The details are slowly coming out though in bits and peices. Court documents show that he and his wife reached a divorce settlement where in June, among other things, she got 10k in cash, $1785 a month in spousal support, and the famblee dog. Then, he lost his job and was back in court on Dec. 18 and ordered to pay $450 a month because he was in arrears with his spousal support, but that his wife waived his having to back the deliquent amount since he had lost his job during that time immediately after he was ordered to pay her. I think that he snapped on Dec 18, for some unknown reason.

Neighbors say that she moved in with him into his house and brought at least one kyd with her, but it is noted in several articles that she has three children, so I really don't know. They were legally married less than two years some reports say and others say it was less than a year. His neighbors also says he was ALWAYS walking and playing with the famblee dog. Ok, that's about all that has been reported so far, but I am sure it will all come out. It looks like to me that she brought at least one minor child to the marriage, they broke up in less than a year or so, and she got a chunk of HIS money and nearly 2k a month for God knows how long AND his dog. I am betting that the 8 y/o old who was shot in the face was one of his step children and that among the dead are his ex and her parents. The man clearly snapped and planned this thing out, but was seriously injured in the process so he went on and killed himself. He had LOTS of ammunition, weapons, and possibly bombs in his rental car and he had also told several friends that he would be at midnight mass, so I am thinking that he had originally planned to take out his church congregation as well, but it was thwarted when he sustained severe burns. Also, he had a plane ticket to Canada and 17k in cash.

It's awful what he did and sad that he just indiscriminately started firing at and torching people, but I can't help but wonder if his ex might not have been the catalyst. I am sure we will find out soon enough.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,473024,00.html
(this is the best update on it, IMO)

I look forward to hearing the whole story as to why "Santa" lost it.
Re: The underlying reasons for the "Santa Massacre" are slowly unfolding
December 26, 2008
This tragic and surreal case made me wonder too.

"Meanwhile the Los Angeles Times reported that Pardo's marriage had foundered after his ex-wife discovered he had a "secret" son from a previous relationship." from http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hyTS61hn5yMJ-MW5on6_A2TwBDhg

"Bruce Pardo complained in a court declaration that Sylvia Pardo was living with her parents, not paying rent, and had spent lavishly on a luxury car, gambling trips to Las Vegas, meals at fine restaurants, massages and golf lessons." from http://www.ksl.com/?nid=157&sid=5162812

"Bruce Jeffrey Pardo, who police say killed nine others in a Christmas Eve rampage in California, kept a child from a previous relationship secret from his ex-wife, the Los Angeles Times reports. Pardo did not support his physically handicapped 9-year-old son financially, but claimed him as a dependent for 7 years on his taxes. When ex-wife Sylvia found out, she demanded Pardo stop claiming his son as a dependent, and the resulting friction help lead to their divorce. Police, in turn, believe the divorce was a factor in driving Pardo to the shooting rampage that left his ex-wife, her parents and six others dead." from http://www.newser.com/story/46383/santa-gunman-hid-son-from-ex-wife-cops.html
December 26, 2008
OMG, the plot thickens. I hadn't even heard about the "secret kyd". Why doesn't he have to support it? I always thought that to claim a kyd on income taxes as a dependent, that you had to show financial support as well if he didn't live with you. I wonder if he DID support the tard kyd and that's why the new wife got miffed, as that would make more sense. It makes no sense at all for her to get angry over any prior kyds, since afterall she had three herself. It had to be either she was a decent person and was pissed that he didn't give a damn about his own flesh and blood yet claimed him for a deduction, that she was mad that he had lied, or that he was spending money on the prior kyd and that cut into her "allowance". I am not familiar with California divorce laws, but to have such a short marriage with no kyds being produced from it, then divorce and get over SEVENTEEN HUNDRED a month in "spousal support"? That seems awfully unfair to me, so I can see why he was pissed off, no doubt. Maybe they will answer some of these questions once they are cleared to name victims. It's a strange case, no two ways about it.
December 27, 2008
i dont think the real reasons will ever be "found", it will be a case of spin.. blame will be spread, rightly or wrongly. but the losers will be everyone else.

(in some states if the child is severly retarded, they pick up the bill, so while he could be a dependant, he could also be helped in a safe facility run by the state)

the divorce stats when it comes to children as so arbitary, then if those children considered he was a father, and she didnt put the real fathers name on the birth certs, he is liable as a father.

http://www.reason.com/news/show/29035.html

http://drhelen.blogspot.com/

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 27, 2008
I have been seeing this on TV, and I don't perceive it as a "CF" or "breeder" issue at all. Lots of people are victimized by the court system, but that doesn't give them a "reason" or excuse to set someone else's house on fire, with or without a Santa Claus suit, with or without a plane ticket and cash strapped to their leg.

This man was a nut, pure and simple; the proverbial time-bomb waiting to explode. This is probably the type of person who never gets emotional in "real-life" and keeps everything bottled-up inside instead of dealing with it, only to have it all come crashing down and taking everyone else with him.

The whole thing just sucks all around, for everyone involved, and for those of us who hear about it too. I could frankly give half a crap about the "underlying reasons". NOTHING can explain or justify such an awful thing, no matter how much people want to "understand".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 27, 2008
but you have to say, pressure makes us do a lot of things.. i know sometimes i get pushed to the very edge, i get very angry, and just one tiny line stops me from going down that route.

you dont know the pressures a person is under.. 1700 a month, losing his job, losing his dog. all cracks the sanity.

if you had to deal with such stuff, without a support network, what would you do? So are you saying that its ok to be victimised without a voice, this is what i have been saying that push men too far.. and we have stuff like this..

Nothing is ever pure and simple. Others need to know why.. imagine you were at a party and this happened, wouldnt we want to know why. how a person could be pushed so far into madness that this felt like the only option.

we need to know why things happen, to prevent it. turning a blind eye to it is a danger in itself..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/3044275/Father-killed-his-two-children-before-hanging-himself.html

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/10/06/california.murder.suicide/index.html

http://www.randijames.com/2008/12/father-murder-suicide.html

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2008/11/21/homicide-delong.html

theres more and more as well. why are these things happening

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
I can absolutely understand how this happens. People snap all the time, and others wring their hands and wail about how awful it is, etc, etc. I guess when one has had enough, is frustrated, no one will listen whatever, this is what happens. I am NEVER surprised when I heard of this stuff. Never.
December 27, 2008
sometimes the only way to be heard is to do such things. and thats tragic

December 27, 2008
What I am saying is, he was a NUT-CASE long BEFORE he was "pushed" into this. This conversation is borderline on blaming the victims. People are responsible for their own actions. You think *I* don't feel "provoked" by what my aunt next door does? Maybe I should knock on her door and hit her with a shovel. But, I do have something called "self-control".

The least that this douche-bag could have done was killed HIMSELF if he was under so much "pressure". Which, BTW, he did do, but not without injuring and traumatizing (and depriving some of their lives) a LOT of innocent people. And, I still don't like PEOPLE, but this is just over-the-top.

Yes, I know. I need to walk a few miles in HIS shoes, RIGHT?

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

This was a horrible thing that was done. It is unexcusable, however understandable, in my book. Should he have exercised restraint? Absolutely! But, he didn't. And yes, he was probably a real nut case to begin with, again, no excuse. I do have a hard time believing that no one ever saw this coming. There are always signs. People just choose to look the other way. I bet his wife saw plenty of signs of instability when they were together. He got fucked over in court, he "lost it", as they say, and lots of suffering was soon to follow. No surprise.
December 27, 2008
hindsight is a marvellous thing.

push a person to the limit, have blind people not understanding, not seeing the signs.. and you have these things..

but i can see nothing is going to change opinions.. so end of topic for me.

December 27, 2008
He should have just KILLED HIMSELF.

Poor, poor misunderstood and victimized by the establishment PSYCHO/SOCIOPATH.

Manson and Dahmer had "reasons" for what they did too.

Besides, $1700 a month is GRAVY for an aerospace engineer or whatever he was.

December 27, 2008
poofy_puff

The least that this douche-bag could have done was killed HIMSELF if he was under so much "pressure". Which, BTW, he did do, but not without injuring and traumatizing (and depriving some of their lives) a LOT of innocent people.

While we can't control everything in our lives that happens to us, we can control how we react to it. If this guy chose to take his own life, fine, but that wasn't enough for him--he wanted to dole out his own brand of vigilante justice--killing people that he blamed as the either the cause of his pain/problems, or those who associated with them. This was no crime of passion--it was well thought out over time, and he was well-prepared in terms of weapons, ammunition, and money to facilitate his getaway. If he was miserable in his life, he simply had no right whatsoever to cause harm to, or take the lives of other people. That is clearly not the sign of a healthy mind.

Personally, I am thankful that we don't have to pay for a public defender, a lengthy trial, and then support him in the prison system for the next forty-odd years.
December 27, 2008
That's what I MEANT to say, only you just said it so much better.

December 27, 2008
Senior Research Engineer - Aerospace
Tech Exec Partners, Inc. - El Segundo, CA AEROSPACE DEFENSE INDUSTRY FULL TIME - El Segundo area - Los Angeles... Our client, a Aerospace... term opportunity in aerospace, defense, automotive... $80,000 - $110,000 a year
From CareerBuilder - 14 hours ago -

This is just one out of the middle of the stack of many. So, let's say that he made 100k, after taxes maybe 80k, then he would likely have other deductions and contributions like insurance, 401k, etc.......So IF he held a senior position (which he probably didn't,since he lost that job) after all of his deductions, he would probably bring home in the 60-70k range, maybe. She gets $1700 a month for no other reason than she is a single moomie, since they were married only a year or so, then she is getting over 20k a year which would be at LEAST 1/3 and probably closer to 1/2, of his net income since he would have been new on his job and likely wouldn't earn what a senior engineer would. Also, like merc said, his "secret kyd" could be in a home, and if he is disabled enough and in a private home, he MAY have actually been supporting him afterall, which I think he was since he claimed him on taxes. There is NO TELLING how much a private facility would cost either. It is entirely possible that he was left with LESS money per month to live on than SHE was,(even without paying for the secret kyd) which I find OUTRAGEOUS. She would have never been awarded that amount of "spousal support" had she been childfree, ever.

He deserved to die for what he did, but I do not think he would have snapped and done this horrible crime if he hadn't been RAPED of his income and then even has his poor dog stripped away from him. I can not IMAGINE handing over 20k a year to some whore I had been briefly married to SIMPLY because she had kyds. Anyway, that's why I consider this a breeder issue. I think that this man was screwed over by a breeder entitlement minded moocow and most likely a bleeding heart breeder judge. I wish that he had only shot her in the head and then himself though, rather than all of those innocent people. I have a friend who has a one bedroom apartment in Burbank and her rent is $2500 a month. He owns a house, so his house payment could EASILY be 3-4k a month. If he only made say 70k (net)and handed 20k a year to her, and paid the bank 40k a year for his home, then for all intents and purposes this man would have had to go on welfare in order to eat, with only 1-2k left over for food, utilities, car payments, insurance, gas, etc...... As we ALL know, an adult who has no minor kyds living with them doesn't get SHIT in the form of public assistance.

The realization that you don't have grocery money, (and likely never will) even though you SHOULD be able to live comfortably based on your lifetime of efforts of education, job experience, continuing ed and other career oriented sacrifices, JUST to hand it over to a bitch who spawned a few kyds who do NOT even belong to you, might be enough to make an otherwise normal person insane. AGAIN THOUGH, there is no excuse good enough to justify what he did and I am glad he executed himself and saved the tax payer's the cost of a lengthy trial.
December 27, 2008
I bet the poor, misunderstood psycho had a damn sight more than the $17K stashed away somewhere. You don't have to be smart to be a nut-case, but you do have to be smart to be an aerospace engineer. He was probably doing consulting on the side, and not paying taxes on it, before AND after he "lost his job".

I can tell all this by just LOOKING at the guy. And gawd knows, I've seen his ugly face enough already.

I'm GLAD he lost his dog. He should have gotten a better lawyer, he certainly could have afforded it with that $17K.

December 27, 2008
I don't care if the psycho was a garbage man's assistant helper to the helper's assistant and made 12k a year, it's all relative, the amount of money I mean. She STILL shouldnt be receiving 4-6k (or 1/3-1/2) of his yearly income, JUST because she has a kid(s) FROM A PRIOR RELATIONSHIP (s), They were only married a year or so, which means she wasn't one of these women who had raised HIS kids, worked HIS way through college, and invested her entire life in HIS career and work related pursuits, etc....... for 25-30 years like a lot of women did in the 50's, only for the man to trade her in for a newer model, which btw I think is a whole other matter. HOW does a woman with 3 kyds from prior relationships, who persumably has work related skills/education or else she had the means to maintain her livelihood PRE-marrying the pyscho, get married for a year or two and then it be fair for her to get ANY of his income, much less nealy 2k a MONTH?

Yes, I am glad that the bastard is dead and no I do not blame the victims for their own deaths. I do however believe, based on what has been reported thus far, that her getting the cash and some other assets upfront, including his dog, AND the $1700 a month award, sent him straight into a place that he probably would have never gone. If she had been childfree, then NONE of those people would have been killed by Santa because NO judge would have awarded her SHIT, and he wouldn't have lost it, not then anyway. The only reason that she got that monthly "spousal support" is because she had sprogged. I do not think that woman (in general) should get ANY "spousal support" AT ALL in a divorce, but rather that child expenses should be divided evenly BY A JUDGE (based on income) and it should be for specific things like, "dad pays for kindercare, $500 a month. moomie pays for ballet, soccer, skate lssons etc, $400 a month, and so on". I do NOT understand WHY anyone, male or female, should be required to just hand over cash to an ex spouse, JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE KYDS INVOLVED, when the ex can do damned well what they wish with the money. That would frustrate the hell out of me to just hand my paycheck (or a part if it) over to an ex and watch them go on vacations that I couldn't afford for myself, and so on.

They like to claim it's "for the chyylldrenn". The way I see it, that apartment that they pay for houses THEM as well, that food that they buy feeds THEIR fat faces, the heat and air they pay for with the MAN'S money, keeps THEM comfortable year around as well. I would resent the hell out of having to keep my ex bitch housed, clothed, fed and often beyond, JUST BECAUSE she had laid down and popped out baybees. It's like the gift that just keeps on giving and I do not know how divorced men with kyds can stand it. angry smiley
kidlesskim
I do not think that woman (in general) should get ANY "spousal support" AT ALL in a divorce, but rather that child expenses should be divided evenly BY A JUDGE (based on income) and it should be for specific things like, "dad pays for kindercare, $500 a month. moomie pays for ballet, soccer, skate lssons etc, $400 a month, and so on". I do NOT understand WHY anyone, male or female, should be required to just hand over cash to an ex spouse, JUST BECAUSE THERE ARE KYDS INVOLVED, when the ex can do damned well what they wish with the money. That would frustrate the hell out of me to just hand my paycheck (or a part if it) over to an ex and watch them go on vacations that I couldn't afford for myself, and so on.

To add onto this...

I don't know about other countries, but in Canada not only does the duh have to pay child support, but they're also required to pay the taxes on that support.

This is in spite of the fact that pretty much every other tax deduction is designed to tax income in the hands of the person who ultimately puts the money into the economy.

But the Cretin government decided to listen to moos whine about paying taxes on child support. (Alimony is deductible to the payor and taxable to the recipient.) So guys paying support get screwed extra for some strange reason.
December 28, 2008
I'm actually reading a book right now that discusses why people murder their mates...imagine how freaked I was reading my book with the news on and this story pops up. doh face
December 28, 2008
The voices in my head have told me that the reason poor-misunderstood-psycho ("PMP" for short, from now on) was paying so much spousal support was because he was involved in some kind of tax evasion and/or other shady schemes, and the wife knew about it, so that $1700 a month was a deal that they made so she would keep her mouth shut and not report him to the IRS and/or FBI.

Something must have went wrong with his scheming, and he had to borrow money from a loan-shark. The voices in my head were not clear about whether or not he had a gambling problem, but my gut FEELING says that he DID, and possibly was a heavy drinker, too. THEN he "lost" his job, so his REPORTED TAXABLE income was lowered, but he still had all that dirty money left strapped to his leg, not to mention those "consulting" jobs, which could also be done from Canada.

Also, a UFO came down, took me up while I was sleeping, and after performing the usual ritual sodomy, told me that PMP has several alternative identities, complete with passports, credit cards, etc. stashed in safe-deposit boxes all across North America (in all 3 countries), as well as two or three bank accounts in the Caribbean with at least $100,000 in each one. The UFO staff would not be more specific, even though I offered oral sex in exchange for more information.

The "fact" that the ex-wife got that money BECAUSE AND ONLY BECAUSE she has "kyds from a previous relationship" is based on imperfect inductive reasoning. We know that to be a "fact" as much as I know this "gambling and racketeering" scenario to be a "fact". Furthermore, the media does not have access to those court proceedings in such a way as to be able to report their contents in an uncensored and dispassionate manner, if at all. People are usually NOT so ingenuous and straightforward. Let's face it: they were probably into some illegal wheeling-and-dealing, and that "divorce settlement" was "hush-money".

December 28, 2008
LOL Poofy!bouncing and laughing

Well some updates on "PMP" have come out, further making him look suspicious and adding details. Apparently it's HIS fault that he has a disabled kyd because he knocked up a girlfirend in 2000 and while the toddler was under his care while moomie shopped, he had a near drowning accident in the PMP's pool. When she arrived, he had the kyd up on the pool apron area trying to revive him. It left the kyd brain damaged and a paraplegic. UP UNTIL he found out that the golden boy was going to be vegged out for life in the head AND the body, he had been a faithful visitor. Then, he stopped visiting altogether and didn't pay ANY of the medical bills or any support what so ever, and completely ceased communication with her. The medical bills at that time were nearly $350k. So, moomie sued his homeowner's policy and got the 100k available on that, and $250 a month or so for life, for her little boy(which isn't NEARLY enough, IMO). She declined to pursue other legal action for support and SOLEY took responsibility for the kyd's care, with no help from him in any way, and he is now 9 years of age. This right here speaks volumes about his character.

It also listed the names and relationships of the people who he killed. Among the dead was his ex wife, her mother, father, 2 sisters, ,2 BIL's and a, nephew, Among the injured was his 16 y/o step daughter, but it hasn't said yet whether the 8 y.o he shot in the face was a step, but that kyd has been released as well as the 16 y/o at least so they are "out of the woods" and won't be added to the death toll. You may have been right about this beast because the more that comes out sure does paint a shitty picture of him. He is starting to sound like one of those asshole sociopaths who is able to fool and charm everybody with his winning personality when in fact, he is a time bomb waiting to go off. I STILL think though that women should'nt be paid monthly cash JUST because they have sprogged. This is by far not the only time they are awarded "spousal support". Typically, at least in my experience, ex wives do not get SHIT as far as monthly "spousal support" UNLESS they have kyds, regardless if those kyds belong to the man she is stealing that "support" from or not. Maybe Santa got what he deserved in court, but MOST men do not desrve that, IMHO
December 28, 2008
I'm glad you believe me about the UFO, Kim!

I thought it was just a dream at first!

[Seriously: Most of the engineers I have known and/or worked with do SOME moonlighting/consulting work. They are paid as "contractors", and make 2-3 times more $ than their salaried rate of pay at their day jobs. They usually have their day jobs for the insurance and other benefits and perks.

But, of course I don't think someone should get all that $ in a divorce under the ostensible circumstances either. It's just that there is always more than meets the eye, until the shit hits the fan.]

December 29, 2008
kidlesskim
I don't care if the psycho was a garbage man's assistant helper to the helper's assistant and made 12k a year, it's all relative, the amount of money I mean. She STILL shouldnt be receiving 4-6k (or 1/3-1/2) of his yearly income, JUST because she has a kid(s) FROM A PRIOR RELATIONSHIP (s), They were only married a year or so, which means she wasn't one of these women who had raised HIS kids, worked HIS way through college, and invested her entire life in HIS career and work related pursuits, etc....... for 25-30 years like a lot of women did in the 50's, only for the man to trade her in for a newer model, which btw I think is a whole other matter. HOW does a woman with 3 kyds from prior relationships, who persumably has work related skills/education or else she had the means to maintain her livelihood PRE-marrying the pyscho, get married for a year or two and then it be fair for her to get ANY of his income, much less nealy 2k a MONTH?

I am with you on this one, Kim. The two were only married two years and the wife's children were from another man. There is no need for a young woman to get alimony when she can work and support herself. People would have fits if the ex-wife was required to pay an outrageous sum. Looking at the man's income and what he has to pay out is another form of extortion and selective socialism. The wife is the one who wanted out. I also feel the same re: a woman who has been a loyal wife for 20+ years and supported a husband through his schooling only to be mercilessly dumped for a trophy girl. That is another matter...JMNSHO...lurking
Taken from a newly released AP story in which the dead wife's best friend is talking about the murdered woman's relationship with her husband:

"But almost immediately after the wedding, things changed. Jauregui said her friend [the murdered wife] would call her distraught and said that her husband had become withdrawn and indifferent within months of their nuptials. He resisted opening joint bank accounts and insisted that they keep their money separately. He was no longer affectionate or attentive, she told her friend, and seemed to expect her to provide for her three children from previous relationships without any help."

OMG, he expected her to pay for her own spawn???!!!! The nerve!

Another gem:

"How can you marry somebody and not know a secret, that there was a child, a hidden child?" Jauregui said. "She thought she was his first wife and would have his first child. She wanted his child."

full story here
December 30, 2008
Meh..a few fewer breeder scum on the planet-every cloud does have a silver lining. The bitch moo shouldn't have got a penny from this idiot. At least he killed himself so we don't have to support him and he won;t be able to commit more crimes. I am to a point where I do not sympathise with moos, no matter what the situation is.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.