Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I saw it! I couldn't believe it!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I saw it! I couldn't believe it!
December 27, 2008
Hi everyone. It's been a long long time since I have posted anything, primarily because I always had log-in issues. Anyway, I am constantly reading the posts in here, and I love it! Yes, I am CHILDFREE, I love it, and it is GREAT! I work closely with the public, and I am surrounded by breeders and their sproggen.

Anywho. While out doing some Christmas shopping the other day, I saw something I thought I would never see in my community: STORK PARKING SPACES! Of course, I had a mini-rant aboout it, my partner told me to not get so upset about it, blah, blah. He isn't as militant as I am, and doesn't see why I let "everything like this" bother me. I did see, however, that the spaces weren't taken, and I told him that the next time I am in town, I am parking there.

I don't get it. Back years ago when I was a kid in the 60s-70s, this shit was unheard of.
Re: I saw it! I couldn't believe it!
December 27, 2008
Disgusting, isn't it? I always make sure to park in the stork space if one is there.
December 27, 2008
I have heard that these spaces are not only designed for preggos, but that they are specifically for the use of ANYONE who has a kyd(s) under the age of two in tow, which pisses me off even further. I mainly hate it because it encourages them to drag baybees and toddlers to public places rather than making it less desirable. WHY make it any easier for them to allow their spawn to be any more disruptive than they already are in shopping areas and other public places where very young children really don't belong in the first place? Another thing that pisses me off is that IF a woman is knocked up and otherwise healthy, then she NEEDS to be walking MORE, not less, which is clearly evident by all of the fat slobs who are waddling around in calf. If they have health/medical complications or are so far along that their water breaking is only a matter of minutes, they need to KEEP THEIR ASSES AT HOME, anyway. We have a much greater need for places like that for elderly, but not "handicapped" people, rather than fat man bear pigs in calf.

I see no point AT ALL in these parking places. We have a small restaurant here that has a HUGE lounge (everyone knows that the restaurant is just for "show", so they could get a liquor license) which is ALWAYS standing room only at night due to our being located in a dry county. THEY have two of those "stork" parking spots and they are ALWAYS filled. WHY would pregnant women be hanging out at what is esentially a BAR at that time of night, OR dragging kyds into a place where drunks abound, such as this place becomes after 7pm or so? It is a drinking hole for office workers and business professionals between 5-7, and from then until midnight, HARDCORE drinkers come and hang out, HARDLY a suitible place for preggos OR kyds. It aso makes no sense that places like "StorksRus" has a few of those. I would LOVE to be in that parking lot on a busy day and watch preggos compare bellies and argue about who really needs that last spot.bouncing and laughing
Anonymous User
December 27, 2008
KK, I always love your posts. I appreciate them because you speak the truth, and we need more of that in this entitled world! Keep up the good work!
Kaia
December 27, 2008
I think the reason businesses do it is because they know a parent is more likely to spend more money if they have their whiny kids with them. The only place I've seen those spaces in my city is WalMart. All the more reason to boycott Wally World. grinning smiley

Kaia
Anonymous User
December 27, 2008
we have got them in sydney as well and they are always in the best spots right near the entrance.
December 27, 2008
roger
we have got them in sydney as well and they are always in the best spots right near the entrance.

Which is why on occasion when I have been in a hurry, I will park in them. I DARE anyone to challenge me that I am not knocked up. Besides, I don't believe there are any laws yet regarding those spots, like there are with the handicapped ones. I think that at this point they are considered a "customer courtesy" and on the "honor system". Well, I don't give a damn anymore about honor and I am a paying customer, so if and until I get successfully called out on it, I fully intend to park there when I please.
December 29, 2008
m4p
Disgusting, isn't it? I always make sure to park in the stork space if one is there.

Yep. Me too.
December 29, 2008
Fuck them, I ALWAYS park in one of those spaces when I see them.

The only people who deserve special parking are physically handicapped people.
December 29, 2008
Screw em, let em walk... from the looks of their big asses, they need the excercise.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 29, 2008
roger
Which is why on occasion when I have been in a hurry, I will park in them. I DARE anyone to challenge me that I am not knocked up. Besides, I don't believe there are any laws yet regarding those spots, like there are with the handicapped ones. I think that at this point they are considered a "customer courtesy" and on the "honor system".

I always park in Stork parking as well...when I have been challenged I offer to take any pregnancy test the challenger is willing to buy, yet no one has offered to go that far. Whatever. That said, they aren't legally enforceable, and are provided as a "courtesy" only so park away.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 29, 2008
Just a PR move by the store I guess; a/k/a pandering. If they ever make it an enforceable law that would be incredibly annoying.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login