Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3 y/o Left in Dirty Diaper For a Month; In Critical Condition

Posted by kidlesskim 
3 y/o Left in Dirty Diaper For a Month; In Critical Condition
December 27, 2008
"Boy Left In Old Diaper Now Critical In Pittsburgh Burn Unit"

"Suffering skin burns from a diaper that likely hadn't been changed in a month, a child was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital for treatment, police said.

The father -- Jesus Rodriguez, 34, of Greensburg -- was arrested Friday on charges of aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of children and reckless endangerment.

Rodriguez's 3-year-old son is in critical but stable condition at West Penn Hospital's burn unit with what police called "caustic" burns on his legs and genitals. Doctors said they're worried about the possibility of infection.

Also, police said, Rodriguez's 4-year-old daughter has redness and marks between her bellybutton and knees, and a leg burn.

"The 3-year-old had to be in immense pain and discomfort from the waist down to the knees. It was terrible," Greensburg Police Chief Walter Lyons said.

WTAE Channel 4's Jennifer Miele reported that the brother of the child's mother visited the children on Christmas. When he tried to hug them, he said they screamed in pain, so he called police and an ambulance.

The girl is being treated at Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital in Greensburg, where nurses filled her bed with dolls and toys for Christmas.

Police said they found Rodriguez's apartment on East Pittsburgh Street filled with garbage, and the floor was covered with food and waste.

"The inside of the home had a strong odor. It smelled very bad," Lyons said. "There was a lot of old food. Poor living conditions for two young children."

Rodriguez is being held in the county prison. He told a judge that he was caring for the two children because their mother is in jail, too."

shrug There are also some pretty painful looking photos of this as well. I am wondering why the moomie is in jail, why the 3 y.o isn't potty trained, and/or why he just didn't take the soiled diaper off too as he was certainly old enough to have been able to have done it. I can't imagine how much pain that boy could have been in with what appears to be caustic burns all up his thighs, stomach, and presumably his genitalia as well, then for duddy to just allow his burned open wounds to fester in what amounts to an incubation bag full of bacteria for a month. I am glad an uncle had the sense to get the kyd help because if this had been allowed to continue he probably would have died from the infection. I must admit that "Death by dirty diaper" is a new one on me. I hope that these kyds are both removed from the home, but chances are when moomie gets out of the slammer , she will get them back. This "father" clearly needs to do some jail time for this and those kyds need to be taken away from him AND the jailbird moomie.
I don't even know what to say to this. While I am not fond of children I couldn't knowingly let kids suffer like that. Wtf is wrong with these people.

Kaia
Re: 3 y/o Left in Dirty Diaper For a Month; In Critical Condition
December 27, 2008
How utterly disgusting and cruel...
Re: 3 y/o Left in Dirty Diaper For a Month; In Critical Condition
December 27, 2008
Man, I never thought a diaper could cause burns...I know it causes rashes, but burns? Yikes. Then again, most people aren't retarded enough to leave the same diaper on for a whole month. And why in the world are all the shithead parents either in Florida or Pittsburgh? Does anyone else notice the tons of stories about parents neglecting, abusing or murdering their kids that come out of Pittsburgh?

In any case, I hope the kid heals okay. I hate kids more than I can explain, but I still feel bad reading about when they are hurt or killed. I'd love to hope the kids get put with another family that won't let them marinate in their own filth, but odds are, the judge won't want to deprive their kids of a 'loving' mommy and will give them back to their jailbird Moo.
Pittsburgh is the new Texas.
Ugh. I guess we'll add this to the 'parenting makes you a better person' file.

I don't like kids. It's taken me years to be able to say that, but I just...don't. However, anybody who causes another human to suffer should pay for his/her crime. What this man did is just cruel. I hope this duhddy gets the book thrown at him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login