Woman Faked Missing Baby Story

Posted by kidlesskim 
Woman Faked Missing Baby Story
December 27, 2008
"Woman faked missing baby story to win back ex"

Baby was described as having one tooth, mohawk and temporary tattoo

"Riley Buchness" was subject of Christmas Day missing child alert

Meagan McCormic, 22, is in custody, accused of filing false report

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- Meagan McCormic faced television cameras on Christmas Day to plead for the return of her missing 5-month-old son.

Meagan McCormic, 22, is charged with filing a false police report about a missing baby.

"I don't even know if he's dead or alive," she said.

In fact, she knew that the child had never existed, police said.

McCormic was trying to lure an ex-boyfriend back when she invented a missing-child story that triggered a statewide search this week, police said Friday.

Investigators have charged the 22-year-old with filing a false police report. If convicted, they said, she may have to pay authorities for the cost of their search.

She was scheduled to appear in court Friday afternoon.

McCormic had described her infant son as having a mohawk, a single tooth and a fake tattoo. She told reporters his name was Riley Buchness and that she had left him with a nanny who had a French accent and a gap between her teeth.

She invented the story to lure back an ex-boyfriend by pretending he had fathered a child he did not know about, said Delrish Moss, a spokesman for the Miami Police Department. When the boyfriend showed up and asked to see the child, Moss said, McCormic told him the boy was missing.

"He finally decided to show up, and she created a story and he had no idea," Moss said.

On Christmas Day, the estranged boyfriend attended a news conference with McCormic under the impression that he had a son who was missing.

"I don't understand," John Buchness, 26, said then, choking back tears. "It's Christmas."

McCormic told police she had left her son with a nanny named Camille.

"I don't know if they're in Florida," she said. "I don't know where they are."

Authorities around Florida started looking for the boy and nanny, using the descriptions McCormic supplied, police said. She even gave police a picture of the boy, but Friday they said they believe she had downloaded the photo from the Internet."

shrug This must have been ONE desperate moomie wannabee is all I can think. Didn't she realize that the boyfriend would find out? My God, she's a loser AND stupid. I hope he packed his shit and went back home to wherever and never looks back. What an embarrassment that must have been for him to go on TV and plead for a kyd's safe return who didn't even exist. I also bet that the AMBER ALERT was issued unnecessarily too taking time and energy away from locating REAL missing or abducted kyds'.
Re: Woman Faked Missing Baby Story
December 27, 2008
Ooh, I saw that one on TV, I'm so glad you posted it!

It was so disgusting the way they were hugging and sobbing all over each other. What a useless sack of shit. As-if this was supposed to get him to go back to her, long-term!

And you should have SEEN the fugly baby picture she picked to use. Didn't look ANYTHING like either of them, and it looked like it was about 6 months old AT LEAST. It looked like the Gluten baybee and the Flotsam baybee had a baybee. They're both girls, but that's how fugly this kyd in the picture was.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 27, 2008
"...Miami police spokesman Willie Moreno said the incident was a terrible misuse of the department's resources.

''We're always on call. We're always here,'' he said. ``But what's really nasty about it was the tremendous manpower and hours she used.''

McCormic told police her baby disappeared with their nanny, known only as Camille. She said she last spoke with Camille on Tuesday, and when the nanny didn't bring the boy back on Wednesday, she called police.

Authorities had issued an Amber Alert for the baby, (I KNEW IT! shrug) whom McCormic claimed had a mohawk and a fake tattoo of an anchor on his left arm.

McCormic had even supplied police with a picture of a baby -- one that police believe she simply downloaded from the Internet.

Moreno said the detectives began to suspect the entire story was a hoax when they encountered several inconsistencies while questioning McCormic.

And the description she gave for the phantom nanny -- 5-feet, 6 inches tall, weighing about 130 pounds, having dark brown hair -- nearly matches McCormic's own physical appearance.

According to police, McCormic admitted to lying to police shortly before 6 a.m. Friday. Several detectives working on the case went home soon after she was arrested.

''Those resources could have been used for someone in real need,'' Moreno said.

A judge Friday set her bail at $500. McCormic was still in jail Friday afternoon. "

confused smiley It looks like NO ONE would even pay $500 to bail her out of jail. Another report says that the "boyfriend" was really only actually a friend, and obviously a sometime fuck buddy, who did NOT want to pursue the relationship any further. Then she lied about being knocked up and having his kyd, so he came down from Boston to Miami on several occasions to see his kyd, only to be told by her that he was staying at the "nanny's" house. This last time when he DEMANDED that she produce the kyd, is when she made up all of these lies. Did she think that she would NEVER have to produce the kyd? Was she planning on stealing a kyd later? Was she hoping to actually GET knocked up for real, then later claim that the first kyd died or something? I mean, WHAT was this moocow wannabee thinking? It has been said before on here that some moocows and moocow wannabees will do almost ANYTHING to snag a man-sperm donor. I believe that this story is pretty good proof of the lengths that some of them are willing to go. I find it rather scary and hope that ALL men will pay attention to this and take measures to see that they are not made victims of these Baybee Rabid nutcases.
December 27, 2008
That bitch needs a good kick in the cunt... After paying back every expense spent looking for her fake missing baybee (including therapy for the poor bastard she dragged into this nasty, embarrassing mess).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login