Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeder tourists in Wales

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Breeder tourists in Wales
December 29, 2008
When I read this at a Los Angeles Times web page where people complain about the worst places they've visited on vacation (or holiday, for you Brits), I came across this one, and thought some people here might find it amusing.

http://www.latimes.com/travel/la-trw-useroverrated-pg,0,2572195.photogallery?index=28

Place: Northern Wales

Last visited: 20 years ago

My perspective: My husband and I were living in a tiny flat in London with 15-month-old twins. Broke, and in dire need of a holiday, we were delighted by the kind offer of a week in a friend's cottage in the Vale of Ffestiniog, in northern Wales. As we crossed the border into Wales, it began to rain, and it did not let up till the day of our return, a week later. The house turned out to be a deathtrap for little ones. The front door opened directly onto a road. The back door opened onto an unfenced yard, with easy access to the same road and a stream in which to drown. Inside, the house was not much better. There was a steep staircase with no kind of railing or banister and an open landing with a sheer drop to the ground floor. With no safety gate to restrict them, our children could not believe their luck, and began a campaign of climbing expeditions to test our nerves. Every day we spent in the car driving to different castles, but it was always too wet to really enjoy walking around the grounds in the driving rain. Any cozy-looking tea shop we tried to take refuge in would refuse us entry, as it was claimed that our double stroller, even if folded, would cause a fire hazard by blocking the exits. It was very hard to like the Welsh, I must say.

--Mary Melling Rancho, Palos Verdes

Any comments?
Re: Breeder tourists in Wales
December 29, 2008
Yes, it is the fault of the ENTIRE country that their cottage wasn't safe for the children, that it rained, that the castles were drafty, and that their giant smoooov stroller is a fire hazard in small coffee shops.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 29, 2008
Wales, I think I want to visit there...
Especially if it hasn't changed in the last twenty years.
December 29, 2008
My dad's mother's family is Welsh. Nearly the whole family line dislikes children, of the people that DID have kids, had 1 or 2 and the kids were raised very strict. Wales is definitely a place I need to visit.
December 29, 2008
WHAT UNMITIGATED GALL this bitch has and a HUGE sense of unrealistic entitlement to boot. It sounds like to me that the friend offered up the quaint little cottage (which btw, sounds like something I would LOVE) for her husband and herself to enjoy a holiday, alone. The bitch KNEW it was a cottage and she KNEW it's location. Even 20 years ago she could have gone to the library and looked up some info about the area OR could have just asked the friend. No one in their right minds would take TWO 15 month old kyds on any week long trip to an isolated cabin (sight unseen) and expect to do much more than chase after them anyway, so why the surprise? When she says, "take refuge" in a tea shop, it sounds like to me that rather than appearing to be paying customers, they were merely trying to find a temporary shelter for them and their brats to get in out of the rain. They were NO DOUBT blocking the doorway and aisles for other shoppers, dripping pools of rainwater about, scratching the refinished hardwood floors with one of those MONSTROUS strollers for two, and the shop probably sold collectibles and breakable items. That bunch must have looked like bulls in a china shop to the proprietor from the moment that they broke free from the gate. .

This is CLEARLY her fault because she did ZERO investigation into the area or to even find out if it had "child gates" and whatnot (like why WOULD it?) and she could have brought some safety gates of her own or better yet, let her HUSBAND go alone and get away from that bullshit for a few precious days. I don't see how she can blame her obvious lack of planning and researching this spot on the Welsh either. It's ALSO not their faults that the place that they stayed (for free) wasn't "kiddie friendly", NOR is it their faults that she didn't like the topography or the weather. What an ungrateful bitch.
December 29, 2008
It's very hard to like HER.
December 29, 2008
The cottage sounds charming and atmospheric and I happen to love rain. Tromping about in the wet Welsh countryside to see castles and small towns sounds incredibly fun and memorable, then ducking into a tea shop or pub for a beverage--very fun.

Why didn't she enlist a family member to housesit/watch the babies for a few days? It's not every day you get free lodgings in one of the most beautiful and storied countries of the world!

Kudos to the tea shop for enforcing the fire code. Thumbs down to the woman who took her gift horse and found 5,000 faults with it.
December 29, 2008
Sounds like someplace I'd love to spend a month or two writing!smiling smiley WTF is WRONG with this bitch? Does EVERY place on the fucking PLANET have to be kyd-safe? And OMG it was rainy! Get over it! This bitch gets a 10 on my entitlemoo scoreboard.WTF?! She got the cottage free for a month and she's bitching? The cow ought to be glad that someone tried to be kind to her and her mangy brats.

I'm part Welsh and would love to visit there! Even more now that I know they tend to be strict when it comes to raising kids. I've heard it's beautiful there, so much to see and do. And since I don't have brats, the weather wouldn't bother me a bit!

Jesus! The NERVE of some people!
December 29, 2008
i live 30 miles from north wales, it is wet, it hasnt changed in 20 or 100 years.. in some places

there are places where you walk into a pub the pub goes silent and starts talking welsh..

http://www.ffestiniog.org.uk/visi.html

(my surname is welsh got family there)

http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=Ffestiniog&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi heres some photos of the place

just a few castles.. about 400

http://www.castlewales.com/

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
December 29, 2008
KidFreeLuvnLife
My dad's mother's family is Welsh. Nearly the whole family line dislikes children, of the people that DID have kids, had 1 or 2 and the kids were raised very strict. Wales is definitely a place I need to visit.

My dad's side is Welsh, and they dislike children too. Must be a Welsh thing... Shit, I moved to the wrong country, lol.
December 29, 2008
Someone must have 'em... there are still Welsh...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login