Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Happy Christmas to me!

Posted by Feh 
Happy Christmas to me!
December 29, 2008
I'll start this out by saying I have 8 cousins of prime breeding age - 19 to 28. 2 are married, 2 are about to be married and the other 4 have seem to have other interests beyond LifeScript(tm). Of the married, 1 is totally baby rabid - got knocked up while single, gave up the baby, and then got married within the year so she could try again without the family giving her the stink eye.

I worried about the other married one as she got married to her high school sweet heart at the age of 20, which I generally presume to be the first step to breeding. In the past, I've overheard her responding to bingo's with a resounding and happy "No", but didn't trust it as I had never heard her husband's thoughts on the topic. And we know how that can go with couples. This year, when some of us stopped by the new house they're building, I overheard her husband getting bingoed and responding with a resounding and happy "No kids for us". I had to restrain my self from jumping up, clapping him on the back, hugging him and saying "Congratulations!!! Welcome to the club!!! You are going to be so happy!", because that would have been awkward and strange. However, I now can't wait to get together with these two at her brother's wedding in August. They are my new favorite cousins!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Re: Happy Christmas to me!
December 29, 2008
Very cool! We all need more CF people in our lives. Congrads!!!!!
December 29, 2008
Kudos to them for having the gumption to assess their choices and make one counter to the LifeStream.
December 29, 2008
I have a CF cousin who is about 15 years younger than I am, but she spent a lot of time with me as a child so that may have something to do with it. Since she never acted like a stupid kyd, I enjoyed her company while she was growing up and now consider her to be a good friend. We discussed our CFness this past Thanksgiving, while "the childed" were off doing whatever the childed people do, and she is basically CF for many of the same reasons that I am. She gets bingo'd INCESSANTLY by my breederfic aunt (her mom) and just about everyone else too. Work conditions must be the same everywhere because she works with TONS of breeder women who are always expecting her to pick up the slack and the shitty shifts so they can spend time with their "famblees", especially during the holidays. It's as if her husband, mother, and her siblings and their kyds "don't count", I am SO glad I am not alone in my famblee, because other than myself and my cousin, everyone else who is married has kyds.
December 29, 2008
So Kim, does your CF cousin cave in to her coworkers and work all the shitty shifts and cover for her breeder coworkers? I hope she has the backbone you have and not let herself get walked over.
December 29, 2008
deegee
So Kim, does your CF cousin cave in to her coworkers and work all the shitty shifts and cover for her breeder coworkers? I hope she has the backbone you have and not let herself get walked over.

Unfortunately, she does allow it but at this time, her choices are limited as far as employment. She is trained in an uncommon field where there are few manufacturing companies that offer positions of that nature, which is hand crafting/finishing wood work with various string instruments and/or their encasements, The town has a high unemployment rate ( it looks like a steel mill town in the late1970's Pittsburgh right now) and all local companies are cutting hours and laying off as well as most all of the larger companies like hers, which distribute worldwide. Also, the company is managed by breeders (holy roller fundie types/husband-wife team) and most all (may BE all) of the employees have kyds. . Her only saving grace is that other than the shitty scheduling that goes on, she makes 4 times what the moocows make and has been able to retain her benefits even during part time hours and lay offs. Our uncle, who owns a law office has offered her employement in the past with a Mon-Fri 9-5 with benefits and decent pay, but it isn't as good as it sounds because another cousin(breeder) and his son(breeder/lawyer) and his sister (breeder) and aunt(breeder) work there as well. SO, it's a choice of dealing with FAMBLEE breeders and all of the nonsense that entails at work AND otherwise and half the pay, or door number two.

Door number three where she moves to a bigger city and gets transfered in her current job would seem ideal, but she won't move because of familial ties and various commitments. So, it's a case of making trade offs and I suppose that she has made hers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login