Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF New Year's Fun; what are your plans?

Posted by clematis 
CF New Year's Fun; what are your plans?
December 30, 2008
Yay for a CF New Year's and the resultant CF revelry.

We are staying at home this year BUT there are two bottles of plum wine on the kitchen counter AND dh bought all the ingredients today for a luscious nori-roll-making session including nori, pickled ginger, sushi rice & vinegar, cuke, shrimp, wasabi, tamari, and, er, sticks of "krab". So we will make nori rolls and pig out and get sozzled on Japanese plum wine...one of the bottles contains actual plums which I'm sure will make a fine dessert. Or maybe we'll think of another. doh face
Anonymous User
Re: CF New Year's Fun; what are your plans?
December 30, 2008
clematis
Yay for a CF New Year's and the resultant CF revelry.

We are staying at home this year BUT there are two bottles of plum wine on the kitchen counter AND dh bought all the ingredients today for a luscious nori-roll-making session including nori, pickled ginger, sushi rice & vinegar, cuke, shrimp, wasabi, tamari, and, er, sticks of "krab". So we will make nori rolls and pig out and get sozzled on Japanese plum wine...one of the bottles contains actual plums which I'm sure will make a fine dessert.

so very similar to what we are doing tonight.I went to the fish markets this morning and got some prawns and oysters, there is plenty of moet in the fridge and there is a sex and the city marathon on cable, so our night is sorted
December 31, 2008
That sounds delightful...I have to shamefacedly admit that as a lifelong landlocked Midwesterner I have never tried oysters (but want to!) I think a couple of dozen shucked oysters on ice would be the ideal special treat...once I learned how to shuck them. My dad is a native Baltimore resident so this oyster deficiency is particularly silly...I have to get with the oyster program here.
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
DH and I are going to a restaurant in town and then we'll head for a new year's party in a hotel with a band live.
December 31, 2008
We're having a few friends over for dinner and miscellaneous snacking grub, alcohol, to ring in the new year.

Personally, I LOATHE New Year's Eve. I'd much rather just have my ass in bed by 10 pm like any other night. Hubby wanted to have some peeps over so I agreed.

I hate the whole thing of everybody being all stupid with unrealistic goals, talking about bad stuff from the previous year, drama, crying and shit come the stroke of midnight.

My "new year" started December 21st with the return of the light half of the year - Yule.
Originally we had no plans. But my/our friends invited us over to their house last night. I accepted, knowing that they always throw a good bash with lots of food and booze and other party accessories, and also because it'll probably be the last time they celebrate it in that home, as they're planning on retiring soon (not geezers, just planned well) and are in the process of building a house in the country, to be completed sometime in 2009.

I'm all excited and then DH comes home last night and was complainig of some molar pain. I gave him a couple of clindimycin to stave off any major abcessing until he can get in to have it checked out at the endos (our regular dentist is on vacation). I asked him this morning if he was going to be feeling up to it and he's saying no, but he wasn't in pain or anything.

Do you guys think I should go anyway? DH was fine enough to eat a plate full of food no problem last night. I wouldn't be all night, maybe until 12:30 after we bang some pots. I mean, these people have been my friends for a long time. I'm honored that I'm invited to what might be a "Farewell to Willow Street"....

Alas, I am in a quandary.
December 31, 2008
Dinner at our favorite restaurant, drinks at a place near our house, and then home to enjoy a nice and quiet evening. Tomorrow football, food, and quiet.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
December 31, 2008
New Year's will be low-key for us this year...steaks on the grill, baked potatoes and a lovely salad, some grilled asparagus, a nice bottle of red wine, and a movie at home.

There is a local New Year's Day antique auction that we are planning on going to...so we'll have to get up early on Thursday morning, anyway.
December 31, 2008
Party party party!! And not a child at any!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 31, 2008
Stay home for a Sober New Year...:bal
December 31, 2008
Just me and my "born-again CF" ladyfriend LOL!
December 31, 2008
I'll be at the nursing home protecting my grandfather from the staff members.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
Well DW and I are sitting here by a fire, listening to the Saw Doctors (Clare Island, presently), and drinking expensive beer and champagne. Allagash Interlude for me, Moet et Chandon for her.

Our baby is lying on the floor between us, panting, and being her usual sweet dog-self. winking smiley

Happy New Year! :chug
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
Broke, most of my friends are either out of town or at "Couples-only" shit. I'm gonna save $ by cooking dinner and watching a movie recommended to me by a friend called "Der Untergang" (the Downfall) about the last days of WW2 in Germany.
December 31, 2008
I'm gonna save $ by cooking dinner and watching a movie recommended to me by a friend called "Der Untergang" (the Downfall) about the last days of WW2 in Germany.

The movie sounds fascinating. Sounds like a good evening. At the risk of sounding like a slobbering sentimental fool, will your lovely 2 puddies get a NY treat?
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
clematis
At the risk of sounding like a slobbering sentimental fool, will your lovely 2 puddies get a NY treat?

Tuna! :sw
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
Typical Canadian guy stuff:

1. Watch a hockey game.
2. Watch another hockey game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login