Anonymous User
What Did You Get For Xmas?
December 31, 2008
For Christmas, I got

-A Glock Baseball cap
-A few accessories for my Glock
-Food Poisoning
-A set of dominos
-A new appreciation for how good it is to be CF.

What did you get?
Anonymous User
Re: What Did You Get For Xmas?
December 31, 2008
I got:

Dolce and Gabbanna perfume, slippers, bed clothing, pj's, and a Blu Ray Player (for myself I bought the LOST season 4 Blu Rays to play on it). I got a few small other things.

Marzipan...you have a glock? I had never shot a handgun before and my BF let me shoot his Glock and it scared the shit out of me. He now thinks that he should have started me out with something smaller b/c now I am terrified to shoot handguns.
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
Mostly gift certificates from my mom (bookstore and dept. store), so I'll get myself some books and I bought a bottle of Chanel Chance. DH surprized me with a pair of diamond and pearl earrings although we said no gifts (or usually get something for the both of us to enjoy, such as comfy pillows).
December 31, 2008
Hubby and I bought each other clothing, finally bought ourselves the Panasonic plasma TV we've been wanting, and a post-xmas gift of a new car - Buick's are being practically given away now and it was time to replace our other car. Cash and gift cards from family and a few cool xmas ornaments for the tree. Hubby picked out a VERY COOL pair of red stilhetto boots for me and an emerald ring.
December 31, 2008
Columbia boots, Burt's Bees bath stuff, some chrome for my bike, a Starbuck card, Harry and David pears, and a bottle of wine.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
Lots of books on graphic design, art, and fashion, some cool 80s movies, perfume, and the entire Buffy the Vampire Slayer series on DVD (woo hoo!).

Going to get myself a new Betta fish friend this weekend! smiling smiley
CFTeen
December 31, 2008
Eric Flint books, old-fashioned hard candies (horehound and sassafras! YUM!), and tons of tea. I've already consumed a good portion of the last one... Oh and an adorable collector's plushie from a friend.
December 31, 2008
Nuthin. It ain't my holiday and it never was. No big deal. Remember, not everyone thinks this is a holiday.

"Thank god I'm an atheist." -- All in the Family's Mike "Meathead" Stivic.
December 31, 2008
A couple of books, Dance Dance Revolution X, some Transformers hats, the entire Invader Zim series on DVD, a phone card and some shitty perfume (the bottles of stink courtesy of my mother's idiot).
December 31, 2008
DH and I didn't exchange gifts this year by mutual consent. We still had the tree and decorated the house, but skipped the gifts.
We buy stuff for each other throughout the year, which is just as much fun.

Marzipan...I'm curious: what kind of Glock do you have? I enjoy shooting sports and have S/W products, but checked out the Glock site and am quite impressed. DH has a Sig 380 in stainless steel which is very nice, but I've never shot a Glock before.
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
Tiquer
Marzipan...I'm curious: what kind of Glock do you have? I enjoy shooting sports and have S/W products, but checked out the Glock site and am quite impressed. DH has a Sig 380 in stainless steel which is very nice, but I've never shot a Glock before.

Glock 36, a slimline (single stack mag) .45 ACP. It's as light as a Walther PPK and slings a bigger round. It's my CCW pistol.
Anonymous User
December 31, 2008
Santa couldn't think of anything creative for Squire, so he got a Starbuck's card and an ounce of gold.
December 31, 2008
6 ramekins with lids, a sauces cookbook, and a big cast iron pan/weapon. We scaled the gifts waaay back this year. Oh, and a splurgey trip to our favorite used book store for $110 worth of used books (another bio of Henry Ford, everyday life in ancient Rome, social history of steelworkers; some other interesting things).
Anonymous User
January 01, 2009
I got a couple Legend of Zelda T shirt's, a Zelda wallet and necklace, a LOTR concept art book, some money from the parents, giftcards, and pajamas.
cfhistorian
January 01, 2009
I've been unemployed for 8 months and money has been tight (but not for much longer!!! I start my new job on Monday!), so we didn't go all out this year. We got money from parents/grandparents, which we used for bills (being an adult sucks, y'know? ;-D), and I got some clothes for my new job. My lovely best friend got me a little sewing machine, which is awesome. My husband got me Scrabble and "The Simpsons" season 1 on DVD (we already had 2-8). My in-laws got me a gorgeous leather briefcase-type bag for my job. The biggest gift is knowing that our friends/family will miss us this much...we're moving over 1,000 miles so that I can take this job.
January 01, 2009
Congrats and best of luck with the new position, cfhistorian!
January 01, 2009
CFhistorian, I play Scrabble a lot, too. I do volunteer work with Scrabble clubs in area schools. It's a great game. If you have questions about the game, let me know. smiling smiley
Theresa
January 01, 2009
I got a new green ipod nano from my sister. I was thrilled because my old ipod was an older one with the black and white screen. Which was fine, except the battery has gotten flaky in the past few months. I also got a deep fryer, some fuzzy house socks, my favorite perfume, and some practical stocking items like toiletries. It was a very nice holiday.

I got my mom the small vacumn she has been wanting for a while. Its an apartment size one that is light and easy to bring up and down stairs. I have never seen someone so happy to get a cleaning gadget!
January 04, 2009
I was given a newspaper printed on the date of my birth (interesting!). Also a few books. My favourite present was a vintage Waterman's ladies' writing set from 1956 -- but perhaps it's my favourite due to the person who gave it to me.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login