Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Facebook taking a stand against the tit mafia!

Posted by Rose Red 
Facebook taking a stand against the tit mafia!
December 31, 2008
http://adage.com/digitalnext/article?article_id=133516
Re: Facebook taking a stand against the tit mafia!
December 31, 2008
Sorry about the double post.
Maybe we should counter their nurse-in with a shit-in. After all, I have to take a dump every day. It's natural. I shouldn't have to hide it behind bathroom doors. (Can't believe I just wrote this.)
December 31, 2008
I actually think that's been suggested!
December 31, 2008
This is sort of off topic, but FaceBook hipped me as to why a really cool couple I know ended up in really unexpected and bad divorce a couple years ago. When I met the couple, they were a happy pair. Great entertainers, open about their lives (they were swingers), and incredibly generous with their time, home and basically everything. Also, they both seemed very firmly child free, at least the wife was very vocal about that.

Well, about a year after I met them, I found out that they were getting divorced, which seemed a very unexpected turn of events. The divorce was pretty bad, with fighting over custody of the cats, which were rewarded to him. This year (a year later), the (ex)wife who I'm friends with, calls me up completely beside herself as her ex-husband had just dropped off the cats he fought so hard for. Of course, she was quite happy to have them back, but needed some help getting them re-integrated into her household with the new cats. At the time, I thought "Strange, he fought to get those cats (which were hers in the first place), and is now returning them?"

The other day all my questions were answered as I was cruising around FaceBook. He pops up as someone I might know and since the tiny icon picture was just a black square, I went to his page and found that his profile picture is a December '08 sonogram of a baby (i guess), which leads me to believe that the cause of their divorce was his desire to have a child and her unwillingness to do that with him. And of course, he had to return the cats to her once he got some woman knocked up because you can't possibly have cats and a baby. At least he gave them back, and didn't just abandon them. And fortunately, my friend held her ground, got the divorce and is now dating a happily child free man AND has her cats back!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 31, 2008
Feh
This is sort of off topic, but FaceBook hipped me as to why a really cool couple I know ended up in really unexpected and bad divorce a couple years ago. When I met the couple, they were a happy pair. Great entertainers, open about their lives (they were swingers), and incredibly generous with their time, home and basically everything. Also, they both seemed very firmly child free, at least the wife was very vocal about that.

Well, about a year after I met them, I found out that they were getting divorced, which seemed a very unexpected turn of events. The divorce was pretty bad, with fighting over custody of the cats, which were rewarded to him. This year (a year later), the (ex)wife who I'm friends with, calls me up completely beside herself as her ex-husband had just dropped off the cats he fought so hard for. Of course, she was quite happy to have them back, but needed some help getting them re-integrated into her household with the new cats. At the time, I thought "Strange, he fought to get those cats (which were hers in the first place), and is now returning them?"

The other day all my questions were answered as I was cruising around FaceBook. He pops up as someone I might know and since the tiny icon picture was just a black square, I went to his page and found that his profile picture is a December '08 sonogram of a baby (i guess), which leads me to believe that the cause of their divorce was his desire to have a child and her unwillingness to do that with him. And of course, he had to return the cats to her once he got some woman knocked up because you can't possibly have cats and a baby. At least he gave them back, and didn't just abandon them. And fortunately, my friend held her ground, got the divorce and is now dating a happily child free man AND has her cats back!

I have nothing against anyone's lifestyle, but every swinger couple I used to know are now divorced. I only used to know 3 of them, so the number is not very big, but generally, I saw every one of those couples split up. But I guess same could be said about any married couple. Just a thought.
December 31, 2008
I do not believe it was the swinging that did it. They'd been married for a few years before I'd met them, and they seemed pretty happy with their chosen lifestyle. Her and I talked about it quite a bit, and they had rules which they both agreed to and didn't actually practice their lifestyle much when I'd met them. It is not my lifestyle but I don't have to live their life so what do I care? I just thought it was interesting that this divorce came so unexpectedly, and the return of her cats came out of the blue after he put up a big fight for them...and the sonogram pretty much wrapped up everything into one neat package of explanation.

That said, I do know of quite a few couples who have broken up because one partner was very opposed to sprogging. In her 40's, my mother was dating a fellow until he decided he needed to sprog for some reason. Once it became perfectly clear that she wasn't going to have any part of that, he was gone and sprogged with another woman within the year.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
December 31, 2008
I'm glad that she got the cats back, Feh, so I will give the guy that. However, why don't these people figure this shit out BEFORE they tie the knot? I guess I don't understand because DH and I are firmly CF. I ran into this shit with my "ex"--she was pissed and has stayed pissed because she oopsed her hubby and he divorced her. She really expected him to change his mind when she got knocked up. Now I can understanding someone wanting to sprog even if I do not. However what I cannot understand is their desire to drag someone who has firmly stated their desire to stay CF into it. This is why I think most if not all breeders are selfish. It is what they want and to hell with everyone else.

As for Facebook I'm glad that they are revolting against the tit mafia. It's about damned time! Someone has to stand against these slags!
December 31, 2008
Feh
I do not believe it was the swinging that did it. They'd been married for a few years before I'd met them, and they seemed pretty happy with their chosen lifestyle. Her and I talked about it quite a bit, and they had rules which they both agreed to and didn't actually practice their lifestyle much when I'd met them. It is not my lifestyle but I don't have to live their life so what do I care? I just thought it was interesting that this divorce came so unexpectedly, and the return of her cats came out of the blue after he put up a big fight for them...and the sonogram pretty much wrapped up everything into one neat package of explanation.

That said, I do know of quite a few couples who have broken up because one partner was very opposed to sprogging. In her 40's, my mother was dating a fellow until he decided he needed to sprog for some reason. Once it became perfectly clear that she wasn't going to have any part of that, he was gone and sprogged with another woman within the year.

I think this guy either fell for breeder pressure or simply was oopsed by his new match. I suspect this guy was a fence sitter and he did not know where he stood. What else would he be doing with a CF woman?
December 31, 2008
It makes you wonder if these people who say they don't want kids but then later end a CF relationship because suddently they changed their minds were ever really of the CF mindset to begin with. I'm so glad I found someone who was as much against having kids as I was.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
December 31, 2008
MerlynHerne
I'm glad that she got the cats back, Feh, so I will give the guy that. However, why don't these people figure this shit out BEFORE they tie the knot? I guess I don't understand because DH and I are firmly CF. I ran into this shit with my "ex"--she was pissed and has stayed pissed because she oopsed her hubby and he divorced her. She really expected him to change his mind when she got knocked up. Now I can understanding someone wanting to sprog even if I do not. However what I cannot understand is their desire to drag someone who has firmly stated their desire to stay CF into it. This is why I think most if not all breeders are selfish. It is what they want and to hell with everyone else.

I didn't know them when they got married, but from talking to her she has been vocally child free her entire life. According to her, he said that wasn't important to him. She would be quite a catch for anyone, beautiful, smart, educated, independent, funny, great cook, etc. etc. Him? Smart guy, but not so much in the self-esteem department in my opinion. My guess is that he was a devious fence sitter who thought she'd change her mind once they settled down, or once she realized how much he wanted to be a Duh because love changes everything, right?

By the time I met them, she was still vocal about her dislike of "The Children", but I don't recall him ever saying anything on the subject. We never talked about the divorce specifics much, because it really did seem unexpected and was quite painful for her and I figured she'd bring it up if she needed to. I'm pretty sure she felt a great sense of betrayal when he started pressuring for a baby all of a sudden, and when he fought for the cats (which didn't make sense at all, they were hers, and she'd carry the asthmatic one around in a baby sling because it seemed to help him breathe better - he never did that)

--Me
December 31, 2008
Techie
Feh

I have nothing against anyone's lifestyle, but every swinger couple I used to know are now divorced. I only used to know 3 of them, so the number is not very big, but generally, I saw every one of those couples split up. But I guess same could be said about any married couple. Just a thought.

I've noticed that as well...whether it is labeled "swinging" or an "open marriage". Somehow along the lines, the rules get broken and jealousy rears it's ugly head no matter how progressive and 'open-minded' the couple claims to be. I knew of one couple. The woman was the one who wanted the "lifestyle" but was angry when she gained weight due to drinking and age. It was no longer her who got the attention and fine guys but her husband who started to enjoy the perks of the "life" even though he initially was not into it. I also had a community college teacher who was divorced and bitter about her former "open marriage" experience. I believe the woman also had no kids like the couple Feh mentions and the one I knew. I know that life is not for me. Interesting how Mr. Swinger wanted those babies. He probably thought he would still "swing" while the wife was at home nursing and burping an infant. JMNSHO...lurking
December 31, 2008
MerlynHerne

As for Facebook I'm glad that they are revolting against the tit mafia. It's about damned time! Someone has to stand against these slags!

I agree with this comment. Also, facebook NEVER deleted "breastfeeding pics", they deleted PRE or POST breastfeeding pics (allegedly, they could have not even been the pictured baybee's moo) where they were holding their ENTIRE udder or otherwise "showing it off", although I can't understand why. As for people sprogging and getting divorced, that really is a selfish thing to do because they should have made sure that they were going to stay married and made a commitment to work out any future problems before they dragged a kyd into the mess. I know there are some valid reasons for single moodom, but many many many times it is completely preventable and avoidable if you take parental selfishness and carelessness out of the picture.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login