Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1271- Leviticus 12

Posted by Fattie 
Fattie
1271- Leviticus 12
April 23, 2006
Other than the mysogynist parets about girls being more "unclean" than boys, it's a great argument against Fundie-x-ian breeders who try to BINGO you by saying "having children is God's will!".
Ranter
Re: 1271- Leviticus 12
April 23, 2006
So much for us childfree for being sinful...

...and being selfish can be a virtue.
April 24, 2006
i know, its from the skeptics bible. they take the bible to shreds.

http://www.skepticsannotatedbible.com/

well worth a read, for the ammo wink muhahaha.

lets use arguments from the bible, for those xtian breeders wink let them mutter we are evil wink

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 24, 2006
Holy bat brains Robin! Is that shit *REALLY* in the bible? And who the hell is this Leviticus dude, anyway? What scares me most is there people who believe this shit and live their lives around it.

None for me, thanx. I'm Pagan all the way.
Lynn
April 24, 2006

As a Christian attending a Methodist church, I get very angry whenever so-called Christians use Leviticus or other Old Testament teachings to promote their brand of Christianity. Leviticus is not a person - it's a book in the Bible that is mostly laws of Judaism, as outlined by Yahweh (the Jews' name for God in the Old Testament).

In the New Testament, Jesus reinterpreted many of the Jewish laws found in Exodus and elsewhere in the Bible - because the Pharisees and other Jewish leaders were making the laws so strict that virtually no one could follow them without being accused of sin (and the Pharisees were hypocrites who didn't follow the laws themselves - yet they weren't punished).

So, I ask - why are so-called Christians using Old Testament law to promote their brand of Christianity?

Because they're ignorant and probably haven't truly studied the Bible and the link between Judaism and Christianity in depth.

I am currently doing that. The Methodist church has wonderful, year-long study programs of different sections of the Bible to help you understand Christianity and its origins. The programs involve far more than meeting with the class for two hours once a week - you have to do nightly Bible study and other study to prepare for the class. It's as much work as many college classes, and this is my second year to take a class.

After being truly educated about the Bible and my religion, I find it very difficult to be patient with the ignoramuses who probably haven't studying the entire Bible and use just select verses to put down women and/or promote women as nothing but baby-making machines.

Jesus NEVER SAID that women have to breed to be good Christians, or that they have to put up with abuse (physical and mental) from husbands/men who want to "keep them in their place." Nor did he speak out against women who work for income. If you truly study the New Testament, you'll find Christian women who had trades, and who seemed to be childfree (no matter what Dan Brown's imagination dreamed up - I won't be convinced that Mary Magdalene was the wife of Jesus who bore his child; with a title like "Magdalene," she was probably wealthy, and probably an older woman).

The far-rightwing Christians are ruining it for the large majority of Christians who have moderate political views and don't use the Bible as a means of bashing women or other groups of people. Because of them, many people - including many of you - seem to think that all Christians are nutcases who are incapable of thinking for themselves - particularly Christian women. Well, sorry - WE ARE NOT ALL THAT WAY, and I am TIRED of all the Christian bashing!

mercurior 1
April 24, 2006
i know but isnt it nice to have arguments against the very things in the bible they argue passionatly for.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.