Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Praise the lord no chyldrun were inside!"

Posted by Cheese Louise 
Cheese Louise
"Praise the lord no chyldrun were inside!"
December 31, 2008
Over the last 2 weeks we have been inundated with snow of disastrous proportions. Now, with all the weight of the snow, some roofs are starting to cave in. Today our fishwrap reported on a church that had its roof collapse. Naturally, there had to be a breederific response:

“Praise the Lord it happened at night," when no one was in the building that often is full of kids on Wednesday evenings, said a church member.

And what if it had happened on Sunday morning when the church would be even fuller with people of ALL ages? Goddamn this shit pisses me off.

angry smiley
Anonymous User
Re: "Praise the lord no chyldrun were inside!"
December 31, 2008
If it happens when the place is full of kyds, then it's God's will.

winking smiley
December 31, 2008
Cheese Louise, this kind of subtle breederific shit just pisses me off and it has for as long as I can remember. The first time I consciously remember thinking, "I wonder if this would still be news if it had been adults who had died instead, ", was when I was about 8 or 10 years old and the whole city was doing a candle light vigil for those poor girls who were killed in the KKK related church bombing in the Birmingham church back in the 60's( ten years or so prior). Living in Montgomery, home of The Civil Rights Movement and Southern Poverty Law Center, one would expect there to always be events commemorating past racial injustices (which there were and still are) but THIS one was ran into the ground and still is a big deal. I am not saying it wasn't horrific because it certainly was, but I heard more about, "they were just chyyllllldrennnnnn" over and over and over and over among all of the other kidcentric comments, than I did about Martin Luther King and his Dexter Ave Baptist church in downtown Montgomery and all of the OTHER racist murders that went on during that time period, and God knows there was plenty of it besides those childrens' murders.

I think it's offensive when people or reporters say things like, " Tragically, 39 local Jaycees lost their lives on the annual Christmas Riverboat Cruise this year after a gas leak in the boat's galley caused a horrific explosion. Luckily, the local children's group choir, who had been scheduled to perform some carols later that same night, had not been able to attend due to engine trouble with their bus. Many are calling it a micracle that there were no children aboard last night." I don't think that there should be ANY mention of who "might" have died, at least not in the initial report, but rather the focus should be on those who DID die. The update reports that came out about the 8 Canadian snow mobilers who were missing after that awful set of avalanches last week had to go on about how several of them had just become new fathers and/or had just started their famblees and whatnot. WHAT ABOUT THEIR WIVES? Their parents, their siblings, grandparents, friends, etc.....??? You know, the people who can remember them and who are grieving their deaths? An infant won't even remember them and can't possibly understand grieving or death, so WHY even mention them at all?confused smiley

They ALWAYS go for the child slant though, even if due to circumstances they are forced to have to mention kiddie bystanders. "Six members of a Childfree group were killed in a highway accident tonight as they were heading for a quiet weekend in the mountains. Among the witnesses of the graphic accident were two small children: Shitinia Breederson age 7, honor student and cheerleader at Shitford elementary, and 9 y/o Bratford Spawnley who enjoys soccer, football, and World of Warcraft in his spare time when he isn't busy with his home skool studies. A child psychologist, who arrived on the scene before the paramedics did, said it's likely that they may never get the awful images of blood spatter and death or the sounds of the moans of the injured, as they lay about the road writhing in pain and dying, while awaiting the arrival of an ambulance, out of their minds. Dr. Kidcenturian said, "NO child should have to witness such a tragedy."eye rolling smiley
January 01, 2009
Yeah, that bugs me, too. Somehow the breederific child-centric slant always gets shoehorned in. They were doing this crap back in 1989 after the Loma Prieta Quake. So far as I know no kids died in the quake and of course there was this "thank God no chyyyyllllldrennnn died!" bullshit. Doesn't it matter that sixty some-odd adults died in the disaster, including an elderly couple that was trapped in their burning, collapsed home? I don't remember much being said about them, and as I remember there weren't any grandbrats so that was probably why.

It just really pisses me off that the only lives that are important are the chyyyllldrennn. Typical breederific self-centeredness.
Anonymous User
January 01, 2009
kidlesskim
"Six members of a Childfree group were killed in a highway accident tonight as they were heading for a quiet weekend in the mountains. Among the witnesses of the graphic accident were two small children: Shitinia Breederson age 7, honor student and cheerleader at Shitford elementary, and 9 y/o Bratford Spawnley who enjoys soccer, football, and World of Warcraft in his spare time when he isn't busy with his home skool studies. A child psychologist, who arrived on the scene before the paramedics did, said it's likely that they may never get the awful images of blood spatter and death or the sounds of the moans of the injured, as they lay about the road writhing in pain and dying, while awaiting the arrival of an ambulance, out of their minds. Dr. Kidcenturian said, "NO child should have to witness such a tragedy."eye rolling smiley
bouncing and laughing
It's funny 'cause it's true.
January 01, 2009
BratfreeGirl
kidlesskim
"Six members of a Childfree group were killed in a highway accident tonight as they were heading for a quiet weekend in the mountains. Among the witnesses of the graphic accident were two small children: Shitinia Breederson age 7, honor student and cheerleader at Shitford elementary, and 9 y/o Bratford Spawnley who enjoys soccer, football, and World of Warcraft in his spare time when he isn't busy with his home skool studies. A child psychologist, who arrived on the scene before the paramedics did, said it's likely that they may never get the awful images of blood spatter and death or the sounds of the moans of the injured, as they lay about the road writhing in pain and dying, while awaiting the arrival of an ambulance, out of their minds. Dr. Kidcenturian said, "NO child should have to witness such a tragedy."eye rolling smiley
bouncing and laughing
It's funny 'cause it's true.

The fact that it's true just blows my mind and it offends the hell out of me when similar things are said in real life. I remember several occasions in my life when a woman either from my church or the community has died at a very early age from a slow and painful death like liver disease, lung, bone, or breast cancer. I remember my mother dragging me to the hospital to visit one lady when I was about 8 or 9 and it was HORRIFIC. The last time I had seen her, only months prior, she was a gorgeous and vibrant woman of about 25-30 with a bountiful head of luxurious auburn colored hair. After a couple of months in the hospital battling breast cancer, she was bald, had a sunken and sallowed face, looked to be at least 60 years old, and had wasted away to about 60 or 70 pounds and could not even breathe on her own. She was still lucid though and it was OBVIOUS to anyone that she was in horrific pain. Yet, outside of her room the church ladies were gabbing about how haaaard this had been on "the chyldren". WHAT WHAT WHAT?

I remember thinking then; Yeah, it must be hard because their mom is dying, but SHE is the one who is sufferring, not those kyds. If a CHYLD, such as myself at the time, can see this RIDICULOUS way society behaves regarding everything being about "the chyldren", then why can't grown adults see it?confused smiley
January 02, 2009
My Dad can tell me more stories about life in 1930s Baltimore, working with his vegetable-monger dad, who played music with H. L. Mencken, in 30 minutes than I can scribble down, fast as I try to write.

My Mom can tell me stories about her siblings being farmed out to Netherlands farms during WWII, no one knowing if they'd ever see each other again, and going through the "hunger winter," when, if you pressed a finger into your leg, the impression stayed there for the next hour because everyone was so malnourished.

I don't have enough tapes in my mini recorder to record all these stories.

Or I could listen to my nephew complain that he didn't get a pair of "Skechers" trendy tennis shoes yet.

Umm................................
January 02, 2009
Kind of off topic, but this past week there were a couple of fires that resulted in deaths in my area. One was an apartment complex where a 21 year old man died, and the other was a home where an older man died. I don't know if it was just that there were no children involved, or why, but when reporting on these events the news casters also mentioned that several pets were killed in the apartment fire, and a dog also died in the house fire. Not like it's a good thing, but I don't think I'd ever heard a report of animal deaths in relation to a fire in a human residence before. You'll hear about it when a barn or an animal shelter burns, obviously.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 02, 2009
Feh
Kind of off topic, but this past week there were a couple of fires that resulted in deaths in my area. One was an apartment complex where a 21 year old man died, and the other was a home where an older man died. I don't know if it was just that there were no children involved, or why, but when reporting on these events the news casters also mentioned that several pets were killed in the apartment fire, and a dog also died in the house fire. Not like it's a good thing, but I don't think I'd ever heard a report of animal deaths in relation to a fire in a human residence before. You'll hear about it when a barn or an animal shelter burns, obviously.

If any children had died then there would have likely been no mention of pets who had also died. It's also probable that, although they likely did an extensive geneology chart looking for any minor children relatives of the victims, they could find no minor children to mention (living or dead) so they resorted to pets in order to give their story a "tug on the viewers' heart strings" slant. Adults getting killed are not deemed newsworthy UNLESS they can be tied to minor children. At one time I would have thought that this was a bit of a paranoid way to think, but after years and years of witnessing these reports going down, it's an absolute fact which can be easily substantiated by reading archived newspapers from around the world. I remember once when this elderly bachelor died of smoke inhalation in an elderly assisted living facility. He lived in a 100 year old renovated luxury hotel in the downtown area where I worked in the bank , which was located on the first floor of the facility. so I was acquainted with the old guy. Anyway, I knew that he had no living relatives to speak of but that he had been married once back in the 1940's, although she was now dead.

Those news reporters actually dug deep enough into that poor man's past to determine that his wife (who he had divorced and who had been LONG dead) had given birth to a stillborn in the 1940's or something, and the bastards actually reported that. It went something like, "Although Mr. Gunter had no known close living relatives, his stillborn son, David Charles Gunter, Jr, preceeds him in death. Had his son lived he would have been 40 years of age at the time of his father's tragic death". They COMPLETELY skimmed over Mr. Gunter's military experience, didn't mention a word about how he used to sit on the corner of that old hotel and play the guitar and sing, alongside Hank Williams, Sr, for nickels and pennies when he was young, (and before Hank was famous) and no mention was made of the local business that he had owned either. I only knew the man for a year and I knew about that stuff. It was obvious that they ONLY searched his past for any scrap of kiddie related info, PAINFULLY obvious and that was in the 1980's and it has only gotten worse.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login