Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Step Mother Movie

Posted by CFADinNYC 
CFADinNYC
Step Mother Movie
April 24, 2006
YES!!! That movie sucked!!! I think what irritated me the most was the father's lack of parenting in this situation. Why can't HE pick up his stupid kyds? They are his responsibility. Looks like he found a great stand-in to fuck and foster his responsibilty especially when the real mother is about to bite the dust.

I also hated how in one scene, Sarandon was cso exhausted that she could not do laundry, then she is throwing a full blown, physical temper tantrum on the floor. Geez--where's ya find the energy?

Overall, stupid movie. Did not tug at my heart strings. Did not give a shit to anyone involved. Glad The Julia Roberts lost her job because when you cut out to pick up sprogs and shuck your responsibility at work, you deserve to be FIRED!

Glad other people hated that piece of shit movie!
Feh
Re: Step Mother Movie
April 24, 2006
Dose anyone seriously think a major hollywood movie about "family issues" would turn out to be pro-childfree, or at the very least show a woman NOT getting all googly eyed over some snotlings? To be completely honest, I have yet to see one single mainstream major hollywood release that shows even the secondary childfree characters in a positive, or at least truthful, light. This is why Hollywood movies suck major balls, well and most of our big name thespians can't act themselves out of a wet paper bag.

April 24, 2006
The shows on TV I like to watch are reryns of "Becker" and "King g Queens" because these shows are comical and don't have brats in the lives of the main characters!
Ranter
April 24, 2006
Anonymous User
April 24, 2006
No, I didn't actually expect the movie to end with the child-free woman calling the Moo a selfish, pathetic twat. But it's like when you see a person who has parked in your spot every day doing it again -- you know it's going to happen, but you still gripe about it...

It just bothered me that the character suddenly went from being an on-the-go, career-driven, independent, satisfied CFer to being a full-on worshiper of another woman's vaginal-vomit -- with absolutely no transitional period. She went from never wanting kids to being willing -- eager, even -- to step in when the current-cow was ready to pass the torch. And those kids were total shits to her! But hey, what woman wouldn't want to trade in her empty life of having a great job, respect from her peers, extra money, free time & lots of spontaneous sex with her partner for floral-print sweaters, stained stretch pants and the Bea Arthur haircut moos love. Everybody wants TMIJITW!
April 25, 2006
"Becker" rocks. He ended it once with a woman who was at first into a casual sexual relationship and then started whining how she wanted a 'real' life with marriage & children.

I saw the stepmom movie and felt offended. The stepmoo - Julia Roberts - was looked at as the saint that was so so loved by the kiddies and man. Sarandon's character was viewed as the pain-in-the-a** by the ex-husband and everyone else.

None of this stuff tugs at my lack of heartstrings. No way would I become an unpaid caretaker for a man and his sprogs while he dissed the first wife. If a man loves his kids so much, then he should love the kids' mother!
Sherz
April 25, 2006
I started watching this once when there was nothing else on TV. I could only make it through the first few minutes before turning off the tube to read! THis is not my type of movie. Way too sappy!
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 25, 2006
I hated this movie. Every facet, every line, every scene. It reeked of breederdom and bad pahrunting.
CFADinNYC
April 25, 2006
Feh--- you are right. I was watching Desperate Housewives and it turned breederific rather quickly in the second season. I stopped watching because of a CF character who got pregnant suddently embraced the pregnancy. It is so untrue and I resent how they wont talk about abortion on TV.
April 25, 2006
Same thing with "Sex And The City". I was so pissed off when Miranda got knocked up by that ugly loser Steve and did not get an abortion. Not to mention Charlotte's baby rabies and TTC crap. Way to ruin a good show.
April 25, 2006
I noticed that many people -- especially a lot of men -- could not handle Sex and the City. That is because the characters were females having casual sex rather than males. If the show had been about men acting "studly", it would have been a hit with no writing in of children being born.
CF Scorpio
April 25, 2006
india_darshan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I noticed that many people -- especially a lot of
> men -- could not handle Sex and the City. That is
> because the characters were females having casual
> sex rather than males. If the show had been about
> men acting "studly", it would have been a hit with
> no writing in of children being born.

What bothered me about that show was the fact that it was very unrealistic as far as real women's lives in NYC. These women went to fancy parties, hooked up with handsome, interesting men, and lived in nice apartments and had the latest fashions. I guess there are women like that, but I didn't know any.

The real life of a single girl in NYC is living in an overpriced tiny shithole apartment (usually with a roommate), buying clothes at the $10 stores and street fairs or trading clothes with your friends, trying to go to a party at a club but getting turned away because either the place is filled to fire-code capacity or you're not on the right guest list, and dating men who would be considered average in any other place but are considered studs in NYC because there are more women than men. These guys are average-looking but nevertheless insist on dating models, women 10-15 years younger, and/or several women at a time because they're "not interested in a relationship". These guys also prefer if the woman picks up the tab and pays for everything because they're always broke.

Oh...these are the same guys who won't date a woman with kids for the same reason we CF won't, but they won't date a CF woman because they think "someday" they "might" want kids. Deciding whether to be CF or parents is apparently a big commitment for them that they're not ready for.
CF Scorpio
April 25, 2006
CFADinNYC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> YES!!! That movie sucked!!! >
> Overall, stupid movie.

That movie pissed me off too. It actually started off as an interesting premise: the Bio-Moo bitch from hell who tries to sabotage the cool, interesting heroine's budding relationship with her ex and their kids.

SPOILER ALERT:

I thought it was such a cop-out when the Moo suddenly gets terminal cancer. Instantly it was a completely different movie. I was always told that it's a sign of poor writing if you decide to kill off a main character randomly. It's like the writers just didn't know where to go with the story, so they just threw that in. UGH!

KidFreeLuvnLife
April 25, 2006
I liked this show too, EXCEPT for Charlotte's baby rabies, and Miranda having a child. This made it look like childfree, single career women do the slutty/childfree thing only until they can land a man and/or have a baby.

It didn't make their childfree, career-centered lives look serious at all. The kid stuff in this show made it look like a temporary thing because don't ya know, ALL women want to get married and shit out squalling flesh loaves.
April 25, 2006
It sucked even more because Miranda and Charlotte were my favorites at the beginning of the show. And then what were we left with? A slut (Samantha) and an airhead (Carrie). What wonderful, inspirational role models.

As for that "Stepmom" movie: manipulative puke-fest.
Anonymous User
April 25, 2006
Julie Roberts bites the big one anyways. Her laugh is always the same.
The only movie I really liked Susan S. in was Thelma and Louise.
You want a great CF acter? Helen Mirren.
April 26, 2006
The irony of "Stepmom"entry 1274 Date: 04-23-06 20:17

The irony of the stepmom movie is that the stars, both Julia and Susan, both waited until relatively late in life, when they'd both already made millions, before they had kids. Then, you hire a nanny and don't have to give up a thing!

Yet neither one of them felt politically opposed (ya know, they're both so liberal and green when it comes to whales, for gosh sakes!) to propaganda that's anti-female.

It's all about money in Hollywood. Which is why I suspect anyone trying to be political who comes from the business of making movies. Tripe--nine times out of ten.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.