Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duh kills son to get out of support.

Posted by CherryBlossom 
Duh kills son to get out of support.
January 03, 2009
http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/world/5243513/dad-kills-son-support/

A man who initially told police that gunmen kidnapped his two-year-old son was arrested on Saturday, accused of committing an "extremely hideous" murder because he was ordered to pay child support, Police Superintendent Warren Riley said.

Danny Platt confessed, told police where to find the child's body and will be booked with first-degree murder of Ja' Shawn Powell, Riley said at a news conference.

"He had said he would kill either his wife or his child before he paid child support," which he recently had been ordered to do, Riley said.

Riley said he did not know the amount of child support and would not describe how the boy was killed, saying the coroner would do that after the autopsy was complete. The coroner's spokesman did not immediately return a call.

"The mother is in a safe place," Riley said

Although he had visiting rights, Platt, 22, of New Orleans, had never visited the boy until he picked him up Friday, Riley said.

Police put out a notice Saturday asking people to look for the boy and saying his father had told them three men with dreadlocks and AK-47 rifles had piled out of an SUV and kidnapped Ja' Shawn shortly before midnight Friday.

"His story never really added up," Riley said. "He was a suspect from the very beginning."

Riley said Platt eventually confessed and told officers where to find the body.

Platt had only a couple of "very minor" previous arrests, he said.

"How does an individual - because he's ordered to pay child support to take care of a kid ... believe that this is so much pressure that he would face - he would do this hideous act to his own child, or to any child, and think that is a remedy to paying child support?" Riley said. "I mean there are some sick individuals in this society, and this gentleman is clearly one."

This comes as no surprise to me...
Re: Duh kills son to get out of support.
January 03, 2009
Since they will likely leak out the facts slowly, it's hard to tell much about this one, but I will make some guesses. First of all, it's just a damn shame that a father would murder a helpless 2 year old in order not to have to pay a monthly fee, when there are NUMEROUS options available, depending on his situation. He obviously didn't pay anything voluntarily or it would have been a part of the divorce/custody agreement rather than court ordered at a later date. I wonder if she is/was really his "wife" and if this is even his biological child? As usual, a parent is at blame here and it doesn't sound like it was only the father who is to blame either. IF that woman knew he was violent then why did she not take measures through the court to have his visitation denied, I wonder? Even if he hadn't been violent before, she HAD to know how he felt about paying child support and that he had said he would kill one or the other of them before he paid it. It should have been a red flag that within days after he was ordered to pay, he suddenly was interested in "visiting" , but she was likely promised a check when he picked him up or dropped him off. I have seen that little ploy in action before. "SURE you can see Snotford, just drop off my check when you come by, won't you?"

Moocows do that all of the time. If they don't directly threaten to deny visitation due to lack of (or late) child support (which is illegal), then they imply that they will trade the kyd for the cash. I can't imagine using a kyd as a pawn like that, but breeders do it ALL of the time, both moomie AND duddy do.
Anonymous User
January 03, 2009
I always get flamed for saying this on other sites, but this is the kind of thing that can happen when one person wants a child and the other one doesn't. I'm NOT saying that is what happened in this case, but it is definitely possible. I also think that is part of the reason that homicide is the leading cause of death for pregnant women. Oopsers, beware...you may oops a crazy bastard like this.
January 04, 2009
was he crazy before, or after the pressure gets to you.

Anyone can snap for any reason, what would make me snap, wouldnt make you snap and vice versa.. the pressure someone is under is personal to them, it could be he lost his job, still having to pay, if he doesnt he can get his passport taken away and his driving licence. which means he hasnt got a job to pay, he then goes into debt, and ends up in prison. still owing.

pressur, and pressure, and pressure, this last thing was enough to snap him.. did he do a bad thing, yes, but its the pressure he is put under is really to blame, the courts making outragous decisions, the women for saying yes, his lawyer for not fighting as hard (even though he possibly couldnt afford it) and so on..

so even if you are a multi millionaire, pressure can turn anyone of us into a similar person. theres no excuse as to why he did it, but theres some compassion about the stresses that are put upon someone.

quite frequently in divorce cases, there is a claim of abuse, even if its not held up, it can affect a persons life.

heres an interesting calculator uk based

https://secureonline.dwp.gov.uk/csa/v2/en/calculate-maintenance.asp

http://www.openmarket.org/2009/01/02/insane-massachusetts-child-support-guidelines/

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009/01/childs_corpse_found_near_centr.html

Ja'Shawn's mother, Daniella Powell, said in an interview with WWL-TV that Platt recently had been ordered to pay more than $4,000 in child support and that it had become a point of contention between the two.

an interesting link, you never know what will make you snap until you snap. its so easy to it in an ivory tower, and blame a single person, but there is a whole raft of causes, but its so easy to blame this person as an island and not the external factors as well. this is what makes us humans less worthy of existence, the lack of feeling for others.

http://news.mensactivism.org/node/11363

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 04, 2009
we hear so much about men killing kids too when this happened nothin g was ever said..

http://www.hometownannapolis.com/cgi-bin/read/2008/12_31-15/CKI

A Stevensville mother told sheriff's deputies she killed her 3-year-old daughter and attempted suicide earlier this month because she couldn't handle the holidays and wanted to take her child with her when she died, according to court documents.
Victoria Adele Sparrow, 43, was released from a Baltimore hospital yesterday and formally charged with the death of her daughter, Laci. She is being held without bond at the Queen Anne's County Detention Center on charges of first-and second-degree murder, first-and second-degree assault, reckless endangerment, first-degree child abuse resulting in death, and second-degree child abuse.

Wearing prisoner's garb and orange sandals, Mrs. Sparrow, a Severna Park High School graduate and clerk at the Anne Arundel County Circuit Courthouse in Annapolis, attended a bail review hearing this morning.

Prosecutor Lance Richardson told Judge John G. Clark III that Mrs. Sparrow is a threat to public safety and to herself. Defense Attorney Robin Henley said Mrs. Sparrow "suffers from a seizure disorder … as well as perhaps anxiety and depression."

He noted financial strains in the family leading up to the killing.

The charges against Mrs. Sparrow stem from the death of Laci, who was found unresponsive shortly before 3 p.m. on Dec. 17 in the family's home on the 200 block of Olive Branch Road.

Paramedics and deputies were called to the home after Mrs. Spar-row's 18-year-old son called 911 and reported his mother was sick and disoriented, said Sgt. J.D. Hofmann, of the Queen Anne's Sheriff's investigations unit.

At the house, paramedics learned Mrs. Sparrow had attempted suicide. While medics treated her, deputies searched the modest two-story home, looking for medications she may have ingested, Sgt. Hofmann said. During the search, deputies found the toddler in her parents' bed in the master bedroom of the house.

Laci was unresponsive and in cardiac arrest, according to court documents. Laci and her mother were both taken by ambulance to Anne Arundel Medical Center in Parole. Laci was pronounced dead at 3:37 p.m. Her mother survived.

On the way to the hospital, Mrs. Sparrow told deputies she took an assortment of medications, the court documents say. She said she "can't handle Christmas" and "didn't want to be here." She told deputies she wanted to die, but did not want to go alone. And that she wanted to "take her daughter with her."

According to the charging documents, Mrs. Sparrow admitted to mixing assorted medications in her daughter's food that day.

It is unclear what medications she and her child ingested. Results from Laci's autopsy are pending, according to the Medical Examiner's Office in Baltimore. Toxicology results could take four to six weeks, Sgt. Hoffman said.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 04, 2009
http://www.opednews.com/maxwrite/diarypage.php?did=11309

'His wife stabbed him about 5 years ago. While Leanne Putnam was awaiting her days in court for felony assault, she was awarded sole custody of their 3 children, allegedly by Rockville Superior Court Judge Jonathan J. Kaplan in Connecticut. Abuse of Fathers and their children in courts is not uncommon.

Chris Kennedy then lodged complaints against Judge Kaplan and other judges. The retaliation began, where he would have less, to no access, to his own children. His saga has been going on for about 5 years. After Chris lodged complaints, the charges were dropped against his ex-wife, and Chris Kennedy became the target of an out of control Judge, Jonathan J. Kaplan. Complaints Chris had lodged were put in his “secret, sealed folder” for other judges to see and to likewise help retaliate.'

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=84810

'The mendacity is especially glaring regarding fathers. "Changes in child-support laws, and a push by fathers for equal time, are transforming the way this generation of ex-spouses raise [sic] their children," claims the carefully worded headline. Yet, Newsweek provides no evidence of any such changes; in fact, it concedes that "Most often, children still end up living primarily with the mother" and that "moms are the official primary residential parent after a divorce in five out of six cases, a number that hasn't changed much since the mid-'90s."

One divorce lawyer claims that "most states have provisions that say gender can't be the determining factor in deciding who is going to be the primary custodial parent," but he does not tell us that such provisions are ignored.

The magazine's account of child support is likewise distorted. Advertised as providing for children who have been "abandoned" by their fathers, child support is in reality the financial engine driving divorce, offering generous windfalls to mothers who break their vows, while criminalizing fathers with debts most have done nothing to incur and that are far beyond their means.'

see all pressures, all pushing people to the edge, and once they are over the edge, you get things like this..

courts, the other partner, the one who does the deed, the people who see and do bugger all.. they are all morally guilty.. they may not have pulled the trigger, but they didnt help stop it did they..

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=9551674

'ADDIS, LA (WAFcool smiley - Police are investigating the case of a mother killing her seven-year-old son and then took her own life Thursday.

Addis police now say the woman was upset about an alleged affair her husband had with another woman.

West Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputies say 34-year-old Lavinia Banks was upset with her husband and fed up with her marriage. She allegedly shot her seven-year old son, Darieyonne, dragged the little boy to the bathroom, and shot him again.

Investigators say she put the little boy's body in a tub full of water and then shot herself in the head. Paramedics were called to the home on Bradley Court in Addis at 5:30pm after the father arrived at the home and saw blood in the hallway.

i could post more and more and more, pressure can break anyone. you , me, them. so have a little understanding.

January 04, 2009
"The magazine's account of child support is likewise distorted. Advertised as providing for children who have been "abandoned" by their fathers, child support is in reality the financial engine driving divorce, offering generous windfalls to mothers who break their vows, while criminalizing fathers with debts most have done nothing to incur and that are far beyond their means."

Sorry I can't agree with this one bit. The system of child support is not the financial engine driving divorce. If a couple (married, unmarried, whatever) wanted to stay together they would. Staying together (with or without children) is far cheaper than splitting up. Women who love or even like their partners don't split up with them because there's some kind of financial benefit ahead -- there isn't. There's only hardship.

Whilst I accept that cows want all the financial benefits possible from doing the, er, wonderful and miraculous thing of having kids *cough*, the duhs who bail out must always leave part of their wallets behind. They wanted the freakin sprogs in the first place. They're just as bad as the cows when they move out and think that somehow they ought not to pay anything at all for their offspring. Or that buying his own brats a couple of christmas presents and a pair of school shoes once a year is enough.

When child support payments are figured, it always takes the man's income into account. Always. That alone ensures that the payments are not genuinely "far beyond their means". Just as the super-wealthy all eventually come to resent paying actual taxes -- because they lose track of how this tax benefits them directly-- fathers all come to resent paying actual support for the same reason.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 04, 2009
in theory, but in practice..but you can see now how pressures can be placed upon people.. that will make them snap..

check the links,..

Child support can be calculated not just on what your husband currently makes, but on what the court believes he has the potential to make

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/parenting/2008/10/child_support.html check here..

http://www.state.ak.us/courts/forms/dr-310.pdf

http://www.reason.com/news/show/29035.html

Once paternity is "established," even if the government has never communicated with the father, the county court imposes a payment rate and schedule under the statistically mistaken assumption that he makes a full-time salary at minimum wage. (State audits have found that a full 80 percent of default dads don't make even that much.) To collect the money, the county may put a garnish order on the purported father's paycheck or place liens on his assets. If the mother has received welfare assistance after the child was born, the man will be hit with a bill to pay back the state, plus 10 percent annual interest. "That's what they're trying to do, is get some reimbursement to the state," says Carolyn Kelly, public relations officer for the Contra Costa County DCSS. "As you can imagine, [that's] millions and millions and millions and millions of dollars."

If the father falls 30 days behind on his payments, he will be blocked by law from receiving or renewing a driver's license or any "authorization issued by a board that allows a person to engage in a business, occupation, or profession" -- a category that includes teaching credentials, fishing licenses, and state bar memberships. If his credit rating was good, it won't be any more. If his past-due tab exceeds $5,000, the U.S. State Department won't issue him a passport. (An average of 60 Americans discover this each day. Meanwhile, Congress has been pushing to cut the limit to $2,500, while urging the State Department to begin revoking passports, which is allowed under the law.)

yet another reason for men to avoid having kids (and women)

January 04, 2009
Note a) age of duh (probably the sow is younger)
b) name of sprogg.

It is difficult to read between the lines in this case, but I am sure they will play out to the 'stereo-type': some of our 'stereotypes' (mainly because the moos and duhs live up (or down) to them) and socially perceived stereotypes'.

Reading between lines: you have an underage or barely aged teen moo who thinks using her twat and organs makes her a woman. Typical teen myopia and living in lala fantasy land, and she's so 'desperate' for any attention, she willingly overlooks red flags and rushes into shit where the angel doth fear to tread. This moo has immaturity written all over her. Sprogging is merely icing on the cake. I always fall back on my motto: parents do not give a damn what they inflict on children.

Granted, I think this might have been a little difficult to predict or foresee. For one thing, since duh had visitation rights, he could easily have forced the issue. However, it seems moo did not fight hard if at all. The timing of it all and when did who know what...

Rather than try and hold moo partially accountable (there may be some inability to completely forestall this tragedy), they will typically blatt and moo 'poor little maawmee'.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
As I have considerable experience of the nastiness that human beings dish out to others in the name of "money" and "children"
I would ask why should any man who is not the birth father of a child or children be expected to pay for another man "byblow". The Courts and/or organisations doing so are the problem for taking the side of the mother come what may. People who are biased to one sex male/female are a big problem.

I have to say with regret that the worst behaviour in this respect that I come across in my daily work is done by "women". Blackmail is the order of the day. "pay me money or you will never see your child again" is one thing.

Another is "I know it was your house and paid for by you before I met you. but I want it or I will never let you see your children again".

"I know we have only been together 12 months, but give me £50,000.00"

"Oh I forgot it was your turn to take our child out for the day, and its gone out with my sister etc," this is when a man has taken to trouble to pay for a special trip out for him and the child.

As a woman despair of some of the ones I come across.
January 04, 2009
According to the UK-based calculator (doesn't matter whether you read this in pounds sterling or US dollars)

--- TWO kids ---

Couple has 2 kids and then break up. Woman has kids 5 days and nights a week, man has kids 2 days and nights a week.

A) low earning duh
If guy is on low wage and receives some benefits on 15K (monthly take-home approx 1000), he pays maintenance of just 175/month.

cool smiley regular earning duh
If guy is earning 30K (monthly take-home is approx 2000), he pays maintenance of just 300/month.

C) higher earning duh
If guy is earning 50K (monthly take-home is approx 3000), he pays maintenance of just 513/month.

--- ONE kid ---

Couple has 1 kid and then break up. Woman has kids 5 days and nights a week, man has kids 2 days and nights a week.

A) low earning duh
If guy is on low wage and receives some benefits on 15K (monthly take-home approx 1000), he pays maintenance of just 130/month.

cool smiley regular earning duh
If guy is earning 30K (monthly take-home is approx 2000), he pays maintenance of just 255/month.

C) higher earning duh
If guy is earning 50K (monthly take-home is approx 3000), he pays maintenance of just 385/month.

In all of these scenarios, I fail to see how a solo man -- looking after his kids just 2 measly days a week and so able to work full time -- cannot live on anywhere from 825/mo to 2600/mo. Beyond his means? No. Not unless his needs include driving an Aston Martin in order to attract the next hot chick he's going to impregnate.

Look at it from the stupid cow's perspective -- which makes her even more stupid than ever. She has the brats five days a week so she cannot work full time. She gets... wow what a 'bonanza':

250/month unemployment benefit
400/month housing benefit
300/month for 'regular earning' duh for their two kids
Equals 950/month for three individuals to live on.

Think that's a lot of money? Rent for a shabby, tiny, run-down two bed flat in sketchy areas takes 600 of that, leaving just 350 a month for food, clothes, utilities. What about furniture? Toilet paper? Renting a DVD now and then?

Compare this with the money the duh is enjoying for himself this same month: 1700. Even if he's paying for a similarly nasty 2-bed flat in a bad area for 600/month, he ends up with 1100/month in his pocket and is poverty-free.

That's why I don't buy the poor-daddy argument. I just don't. For as little sympathy as I have for moocows, the shithead dads are always left trolling around easy-street complaining how unfair life is.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 04, 2009
Which puts the onus back on moocow to be more circumspect with whom to breed.
Something with which they are increasingly lacking.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

January 04, 2009
That is not how it works in The United States, AT ALL. Those are very low figures for support any way you dice it. They don't even take into account what the moo makes over here, at least not in my ex husband's case they didn't. They (famblee court) were ONLY concerned about his income and didn't give a DAMN about his expenses. Her lawyer tried to get my income considered as well, but was unsuccessful. Anyway, before he got full custody and was ordered to pay child support, he was making about 40k or so a year. He was required to pay for the child's health insurance, life insurance on himself with MOOMARE as the beneficiary, ALL co-pays for medical and prescriptions, for art classes, expenses related to the soccer team, her new school clothing each year (at least there was a limit on this) any and ALL school related expenses, AND he had to hand the bitch $500-700 or so (the amount fluctuated) IN CASH each and every month. She had three other kyds by different men, one of whom was the product of a rape, so called, so he qualified for an aid for no baybee daddy check of a few hundred. She also got $4-$600 EACH in support for the other two kyds. Somehow, she managed to rent an $800 a month apartment (a nice one too) and get it subsidized so her rent was only about $200 or so. I don't remember exact amounts, but it was outrageous in comparison to market rent.

She also applied for and got SEVERAL HUNDRED in food stamps, WIC, and other welfare freebies. AND, She was a head nurse at a regional hospital and her income at one point was in excess of 50k a year. THAT'S how it works in America I am afraid. After she went to state prison for writing (habitually) over 40k in bad checks, they found her a job at a nursing home for her work release and she was making 32k a year then and was EXEMPT from paying child support to us. So, she saved every penny of it that she could and left prison in 2-3 years with about 60k in cash and her debts wiped clean. She never paid a DIME in child support and no one gives a damn because she is a moowhore. The state, baby daddies, and relatives raised and paid for ALL of her kyds. The last I heard she had remarried, doesn't work, is living on the beach, and at the age of 50 is undergoing IVF with her new husband. She once said to me from prison, "Not having any responsibilities is WONDERFUL. I am really beginning to enjoy living here because it's just like when I was in college".

I absolutely HATE breeder whores with a purple passion as they don't give a DAMN about their kyds and expect the whole world (including their neglected kyds) to lick their asses. If I could have gotten away with it, she would have gotten an accidental digitalis or insulin overdose long long ago. Since I was busy plotting to kill her ex husband though, I didn't really have much time to actually carry out my criminal fantasies.shrug
Anonymous User
January 04, 2009
Giselle
As I have considerable experience of the nastiness that human beings dish out to others in the name of "money" and "children"
I would ask why should any man who is not the birth father of a child or children be expected to pay for another man "byblow". The Courts and/or organisations doing so are the problem for taking the side of the mother come what may. People who are biased to one sex male/female are a big problem.

I have to say with regret that the worst behaviour in this respect that I come across in my daily work is done by "women". Blackmail is the order of the day. "pay me money or you will never see your child again" is one thing.

Another is "I know it was your house and paid for by you before I met you. but I want it or I will never let you see your children again".

"I know we have only been together 12 months, but give me £50,000.00"

"Oh I forgot it was your turn to take our child out for the day, and its gone out with my sister etc," this is when a man has taken to trouble to pay for a special trip out for him and the child.

As a woman despair of some of the ones I come across.

As jacked up as the outcomes may seem, the courts try to act in the best interest of the child. That's why if you've been caring for a child for x number of years and then find out you aren't the father, the court will often force you to support said child anyway. I don't agree with it, but then people put themselves in that position by not demanding paternity tests from the get go.

However, I despise goldigging women who use their children to support themselves. That is the height of laziness selfishness. But it takes two to tango. There's plenty of blame to go around. And with the exception of that dentist who used the uh...after effects of a blowjob to get pregnant and demand child support, everyone takes that chance when they get busy. Men HAVE to protect themselves from these goldigging wannabreed skanks. And women HAVE to protect themselves from these deadbeat (and sometimes psychotic) duhs. I mean seriously...WTF sense does murder make to get out of child support????
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login