Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

paid leave - Calif. is worse

Posted by flycats 
flycats
paid leave - Calif. is worse
April 24, 2006
UHHHH well don't come to work (california) where I am because they get 3 months off FREE- that is the father or the mother, adopted or real sprog. AND NO leave for people with sick family members like in Mass. It's called "parental leave". And that's on top of any accrued sick leave and vacation they want to take with it. Us childfrees do NOT get and equal benefit. So the dads take off 3 months, and some have been known to take of hunting or camping and have a free vacation. Great dads. So I think California beats out Mass. What do you think?
Re: paid leave - Calif. is worse
April 24, 2006
the UK beats them all, wink.. mothers 12 months maternity, father 6 months maternity.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
April 25, 2006
mercurior Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> the UK beats them all, wink.. mothers 12 months
> maternity, father 6 months maternity.

Same here (Canada). It makes me sick. In the 70s, my Mom had to go back to work right after having me - like, a week at most! Now those bitches are encouraged to just sit on their fat asses and breed, while we pay the tab.

And what the fuck is the deal with duh leave? Why the hell should some idiot get 6 months off work for having an orgasm? Because, seriously, that's ALL he's contributed!
April 25, 2006
There are some great replies on this board:

http://tinyurl.com/j4xj8
Ranter
April 25, 2006
The duh should be at work earning a paycheck.
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 27, 2006
This earth is horribly overpopulated yet everyone keeps making it easier and easier for people to breed. Public assistance, public housing, welfare, government funded child care, ridiculous time off at work, tax breaks, etc.

When is the government and the world going to wise up and start making it HARDER for just any old couple to breed? If things weren't so easy, if breeders had to actually support their kid on their own 100% with no special perks or programs, I guarantee there'd be a lot LESS breeding going on!!!!!!!
mercurior 1
April 27, 2006
ah but its overpopulated in the WRONG areas, you see, countries that are not xtian, flying over america on tuesday i saw great big stretches of nothing.
flycats
May 02, 2006
UK gives 12 months paid leave to the moos???? WOW!
May 02, 2006
yes, 12 months

http://www.dti.gov.uk/er/matleafr.htm

Pregnant employees are entitled to 26 weeks’ ordinary maternity leave, regardless of how long they have worked for their employer. Most mothers will usually qualify to be paid Statutory Maternity Pay or Maternity Allowance during ordinary maternity leave. For more information (see below) Women who have completed 26 weeks’ continuous service with their employer by the beginning of the 14th week before their EWC can take additional maternity leave. Additional maternity leave starts immediately after ordinary maternity leave and continues for a further 26 weeks. Additional maternity leave is usually unpaid although a woman may have contractual rights to pay during her period of additional maternity leave.

Statutory Maternity Pay

Pregnant employees who meet the qualifying conditions based on their length of service and average earnings are entitled to receive employers up to 26 weeks' SMP from their.

Qualifying conditions
She must work for someone who is liable (or would be liable but for low earnings) to pay the employer’s share of her Class 1 National Insurance contributions.

She must have 26 weeks' continuous service with her employer into the 15th week before the week her baby is due. The 15th week before the week the baby is due is known as the qualifying week

She must have average weekly earnings in the eight weeks up to and including the qualifying week at or above the lower earnings limit (LEL) for the payment of National Insurance (NI) contributions (£79 a week from April 2004).

Levels and length of payment
Paid for a maximum of 26 weeks.

Six weeks at 90 per cent of her average weekly earnings (with no upper limit).

20 weeks at a flat rate of £106 or 90 per cent of her average weekly earnings if that is less than the flat rate

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.