Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1276 polar bears

Posted by Nour 
Nour
1276 polar bears
April 24, 2006
I saw this recently on the news, and I was horrified. These poor beautiful creatures. The overpopulation of humans has got to be connected to this. I understand natural climatic changes, but finding four dead bears in one month? I am sick.
Anonymous User
Re: 1276 polar bears
April 24, 2006
Polar bears are one of the few animals that will hunt humans. It makes me sick what the Western world(mainly) has done to our planet. And the current admistration in U.S. not merely indifferent to environment,but downright hostile. Thanks GEE fuck-nut W for not signing Kyoto agreement AND opening Yellowstone Park back for those fucking snowmobiles!!!
April 24, 2006
lets give the polar bears automatic guns.. make it easier for them wink

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Nour
April 24, 2006
Also, very quietly over the Easter holiday, the government released figures that the U.S. has only increased emissions from greenhouse gases.

"The United States emitted more greenhouse gases in 2004 than at any time in history, confirming its status as the world's biggest polluter. Latest figures on the US contribution to global warming show that its carbon emissions have risen sharply despite international concerns over climate change."

It gets worse (hard to believe):

"British scientists are at loggerheads with US colleagues over a controversial plan to work alongside oil companies to hunt for fossil fuel reserves in the Arctic. The US Geological Survey is lining up a project with BP and Statoil to find oil and gas in the Arctic Ocean, under the auspices of a flagship scientific initiative intended to tackle global warming."

At the bottom of the article, the sad sarcasm:

"So maybe the polar bears, which soon will be lacking sufficient ice to stand on, can be put to work making electricity for the drills."

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2006/04/mixing_it_up_oi.php

Ranter
April 24, 2006
It's horrific that polar bears are drowning and dieing, only when humans are multiplying lile bunny rabits. Our current administration doesn't give a rats ass about animals and our environment. I bet the next president will be democrat...or least someone with common sence...
KidFreeLuvnLife
April 25, 2006
It's because our ass-wad president is a fucking religious holy roller. The more people born, the better, acording to dubya. That's why he is big on the anti-abortion bandwagon and GLEEFULLY signed the Laci & Connor Act that makes a violent crime on a pregnant woman a 2 crime felony. He's changed all kinds of laws which is why pharmacists don't have to prescribe the morning after pill or other forms of birth control if they feel it is "A-moral." Gag me with a coat hanger.

Dubya seriously needs a reality check and a realignment of priorities in this country.
April 25, 2006
If breeders cared so much about life, they would care about ALL life - including poor defenseless animals. What kind of world will they be leaving their brats, anyway? Bears, sharks and tigers are becoming extinct. You can't go outside without 300 SPF sunscreen anymore. You can't breathe because of the smog. And there's so much trash they don't know what to do with it anymore. Lovely.
Ranter
April 25, 2006
Those poor defenseless animals are suffering...
Anonymous User
April 25, 2006
A Modest Proposel (Borrowing from Jonhanan Swift)
By sharon

Feed babies to the polar bears.
It will take care of the bears swimming for food and cut down on population of humans. Start with right-wing family babies, ie the Duggers from ARk. so they cannot pass their dreaded "family vaules" on down.

I like the idea of automatic weapons too.
Ranter
April 25, 2006
So do I.
Anonymous User
April 25, 2006
I don't like the idea of automatic weapons idea, mainly because we'd have to move to polar bears out of Canada to the States, and it's too warm there for them. If you just left them up North, they'd just end up eating more Inuit, and the Inuit culture is already in danger. Long range missiles then?
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.