Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No hot drinks on the table

Posted by annie35 
No hot drinks on the table
January 05, 2009
So we are eating breakfast this morning at a local diner. This woman, her kid, husband, and the grandparents sit at the table next to us.
The husband, grandma, and grandpa all order coffee. The moo, snaps at them and tells them no hot drinks on the table, because the baby might get them spilled on her. Of course these morons do as she commands. I would have told her to get screwed.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: No hot drinks on the table
January 05, 2009
What a fucking hellish existence those people must live. Maybe she should try keeping baby off the table.
They'd pry my morning coffee from my cold dead hands.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 05, 2009
Seriously. I'd have told her to fuck off and proceeded to order a nice, big, hot cup of Joe.

Keep your brat off the table is right.
January 05, 2009
No wonder the world is raising a generation of idiots. My mother would have let me spill the coffee on myself and then hit me with the good old "Now what did you learn?"

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 05, 2009
What if they took their black-n-one-sugar in a sippy cup?

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 05, 2009
Ha! If as a kid I dared to reach out to one of the cups, which I never did, my mom would grab my hand, put it back, and say "Look with your eyes, not with your hands!"

I don't have any friends with baybees, but if I was taking the trouble to share a brekky with her and she pulled this stunt, I'd most certainly say, "Sorry, I'm going to have coffee." Biting my tongue so as not to say what I really thought.

Which probably explains why I don't have any friends with baybees. Thank goodness.
Anonymous User
January 05, 2009
Amethyst

I fucking HATE those goddammed things!! When I see a kid, usually waaaaay too old to have one anyway, toting around one of those things I just want to slap it out of their mouth. And then slap the stupid parent who is the enabler of such ridiculous inventions.

How'd any of US ever survive without those things? eye rolling smiley
January 06, 2009
str8six
Amethyst

I fucking HATE those goddammed things!! When I see a kid, usually waaaaay too old to have one anyway, toting around one of those things I just want to slap it out of their mouth. And then slap the stupid parent who is the enabler of such ridiculous inventions.

That, and I also despise the very name, "sippy cup". My 4 y/o nephew STILL drinks out of "sippy cups", which I think is ridiculous. How can kyds ever learn how to drink out of a glass like a normal human being?
January 06, 2009
Today's kyds are so SPOILED rotten because their moos want the whole world to revolve around THEM.eye rolling smiley
Anonymous User
January 06, 2009
kidlesskim
str8six
Amethyst

That, and I also despise the very name, "sippy cup". My 4 y/o nephew STILL drinks out of "sippy cups", which I think is ridiculous. How can kyds ever learn how to drink out of a glass like a normal human being?

I'm on the other side of the fence on this one. I love to see those sippy cups. If it weren't for them, then I'd be hit more often than now to let my nephews, cousins, etc. share my cup. Which leads me to wonder, what the hell are those things floating in a glass after a kid has drinken from it?!?
January 06, 2009
I'd go back and order an extra large!

I wonder what happens when one of them comes down with a cold? Do they have to don chemical suits if the kid is around them?
Anonymous User
January 06, 2009
Fuckit, I don't care if it's breakfast, Saganaki and a Flaming Dr. Pepper:flaming:drkbddy
January 07, 2009
Why can't these stupid people see that regardless of what is on the table, that it's all a potential hazard to the kyd as well as the others who are seated with it? Salt and pepper shakers in the cluthes of a toddler can become dangerous projectiles, eating utensils in the talons of a kyd can poke out an eyeball(his or someone else's) Ketchup/sauce bottles can be broken and people can be cut, hot food/soup/side dishes can be pulled off into laps, and miniature butters and jellies in the paws of a small child can become choking hazards. The best answer here is not prohibition of select items ordered, but rather to either CONTAIN the child by crating it in a pac n play, SECURE it in a baybee carrier or high chair, and/or TEACH it from a very early age to keep it's fucking hands to itself.
January 07, 2009
kidlesskim
The best answer here is not prohibition of select items ordered, but rather to either CONTAIN the child by crating it in a pac n play, SECURE it in a baybee carrier or high chair, and/or TEACH it from a very early age to keep it's fucking hands to itself.

Duct tape would be useful to secure a child.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 07, 2009
Feh
kidlesskim

Duct tape would be useful to secure a child.

So is Nyquil, they will sleep for hours.
you can just leave them at home, they aren't going to wake up anytime soon.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
January 07, 2009
kidlesskim
Why can't these stupid people see that regardless of what is on the table, that it's all a potential hazard to the kyd as well as the others who are seated with it? Salt and pepper shakers in the cluthes of a toddler can become dangerous projectiles, eating utensils in the talons of a kyd can poke out an eyeball(his or someone else's) Ketchup/sauce bottles can be broken and people can be cut, hot food/soup/side dishes can be pulled off into laps, and miniature butters and jellies in the paws of a small child can become choking hazards. The best answer here is not prohibition of select items ordered, but rather to either CONTAIN the child by crating it in a pac n play, SECURE it in a baybee carrier or high chair, and/or TEACH it from a very early age to keep it's fucking hands to itself.

You can't do that!!!! You'll be stifiling the little snowflakes' creativity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!one! :bawl

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
DrDanCorelli
January 07, 2009
There is a much higher probability that the foam-padding moo will drop the brat on its head or wreck her car with the brat in it than anything else.

If moo would have said that to me, I would have found a way to spill half a pitcher of maple syrup into her hair.
Anonymous User
January 08, 2009
The mention of the things floating in the glass makes me gag. Ugh. LOL. One of my top reasons for not having kids is that too many disgusting things come out of them.

But yeah, this topic has so many good points. I, too, hate the term itself. "Sippy cup." Why does every kid word have to end in -y or -ie? Why don't people want to teach their kids to speak properly in preparation for becoming adults? Why not just call it what it is, a cup with a fucking lid on it.

I waited tables for years and I cannot even tell you how many times I dealt with moomies and their overprotective, drama queen bullshit. I kid you not - sometimes just walking with a coffee pot several feet away from the table, I would see the moomy dramatically shield her baby from me, as if I was some mean, bad monster coming to dump scalding coffee on her fucking kid. Only in my dreams, dumbass. I swear it seemed as if most of this carrying on was just to bring attention to the moomy, to make her look like such a wonderful, protective mother. I had a lot of them over the years tell me to stay on the other side of the table with the pot, or take their cup into the kitchen to pour the coffee, etc., for the safety of THE BAAAABY. There was always something with these women. We had one regular customer we all LOATHED. She had two sons who were toddlers and we referred to them as "the alien babies," because their heads were so huge. She herself appeared anorexic, about 90 pounds but fairly tall, and she never ate much at all. She was one of those moomies who acted as if she had the Christ child at her table with her. She was constantly making over them and was so careful to make sure that none of us lowly waitresses accidentally dropped something on or near them or bumped into them, etc. She was as anal and snobby as hell, and tipped crap. In twenty years, God only knows what her sons will be like, and then she'll be in her own hell, which is what I always wished on that uppity bitch.

I'll always remember one instance when I put down a dish of salad dressing next to a moomy who was holding her toddler but yammering on about the normal moomy bullshit. There were about seven people at this table, none of them paying a bit of attention to the kid, and I was busy handing out all of their food. The toddler picked up the dressing and dumped it on herself. Of course, the moomy gives me the dirtiest look she can. Everyone at the table gasped as if something horrible had happened. Oh, the baby! The baby! I thought you kid people thought that kids with food all over them are cute. Anyway, I always wondered why this woman and everyone else at the table didn't say, why weren't we watching the baby as the food was delivered?

It's always one extreme or the other. The moomy pays way too much attention to the kid, or none at all.

Oh, and this is on a slightly related note, I forgot to mention how much I hated people who came in assuming that we provided crayons and coloring books for their brats. So, you're pretty much saying that you cannot or will not control your kids for the 15 minutes that it takes your food to come to the table. I am so sick of the catering to kids and their useless parents that goes on these days. The parents would always be so annoyed with us for not having crayons. Why do you just assume that everyone is going to have what you want for your brats? So many times they would demand I bring them pens and paper from the manager's office. Unfortunately, near the time I left that place and moved on to better things, the restaurant started providing crayons and coloring books. Ridiculous that a company has to waste money on this crap. Bring your own if you want it!
January 08, 2009
square

I waited tables for years and I cannot even tell you how many times I dealt with moomies and their overprotective, drama queen bullshit. I kid you not - sometimes just walking with a coffee pot several feet away from the table, I would see the moomy dramatically shield her baby from me, as if I was some mean, bad monster coming to dump scalding coffee on her fucking kid.

Oh, and this is on a slightly related note, I forgot to mention how much I hated people who came in assuming that we provided crayons and coloring books for their brats. So, you're pretty much saying that you cannot or will not control your kids for the 15 minutes that it takes your food to come to the table. I am so sick of the catering to kids and their useless parents that goes on these days. The parents would always be so annoyed with us for not having crayons. Why do you just assume that everyone is going to have what you want for your brats? So many times they would demand I bring them pens and paper from the manager's office. Unfortunately, near the time I left that place and moved on to better things, the restaurant started providing crayons and coloring books. Ridiculous that a company has to waste money on this crap. Bring your own if you want it!

It's about the drama, attention and martyrdom...lookie meee!! I CARE more than ANYONE!!! LOOKIEEE MEEEEE!!! IIII"MMM CAAARRRIIINGG!!! I'm GIVING MY ALLLLLLL!!!! Now buy me something to reward me.

Aren't those huge-ass strollers and diaper bags specifically for carrying around the massive amounts kinder crap required to bring a child out of the house? What the hell else would they carry in that ugly ass shit? Maybe some booze, heroin and several fistfulls of valium to help them deal with their hellish existences?

--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login