Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Body Of Baby Dumped In The Trash Found

Posted by clematis 
Body Of Baby Dumped In The Trash Found
January 05, 2009
Bad story out of WA. There seems to be a LOT of missing information in this story...particularly concerning the girl's father, IMO.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/18412673/detail.html?treets=sea&tml=sea _ break&ts=T&tmi=sea _ break _ -1 _ 04380101052009#- (remove 8 spaces from around underlines)

Text:

Monday, January 5, 2009 – updated: 3:33 pm PST January 5, 2009
PORT ANGELES, Wash. -- The body of a baby boy has been found by investigators combing through 60 tons of trash at a dump site near Tacoma.

Port Angeles Police Chief Terry Gallagher told The Associated Press the body was found about 2:10 p.m. Monday, three days after the investigation began.

Gallagher said forensic tests are planned, and DNA results to establish the infant's parentage may not be available for weeks.

A 16-year-old girl was arrested Friday on suspicion of first-degree murder after a neighbor in Port Angeles told police she saw a dead baby in a garbage can. The girl's father, 41-year-old Ronald Last Jr., was arrested for investigation of concealing the birth by disposing of the body.

According to court documents filed on Monday, the girl gave birth on Tuesday to a baby boy, drowned him in a toilet and put his body in a trash can.

Court documents prepared by the Clallam County Prosecutor's Office alleged that after the boy's birth, the mother's father looked for a new bathroom rug. The girl told him she had bled on it and that she threw it away.

The father looked for the rug in a garbage can, found the baby's body but was too stunned to remove the body from the trash, according to the documents.

The girl is being held on $500,000 bond.

The girl's 41-year-old father, Ronald Last Jr., also was arrested and is being held at the county jail on $10,000 bond.

The 60 tons of trash were in two containers that were taken to a site in Graham for shipment to Oregon. The trash was handled by Waste Connections, Inc.

"Our belief was the baby was born alive, but died shortly after the birth," Gallagher told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News.

He said the trash was picked up Wednesday. Chopper 7 video showed investigators at the Graham site, where Washington State Patrol officials could be seen.

Gallagher said a woman came to the police station Friday and said she had seen a baby in a trash can in an alley behind the girl's house, but the can was empty when officers arrived.

Police said they found a gun in the house, along with a metal pipe that was first thought to be a pipe bomb. Gallagher said it was actually a device that can be attached to the bottom of a car for transporting illegal drugs, "a fairly common method," he said.
Anonymous User
Re: Body Of Baby Dumped In The Trash Found
January 05, 2009
OK, first off, what does finding a gun in the house have anything to do with the murder (which the article so eloquently described as ..."but died shortly after the birth,")?

Secondly, how in the fuck is the drowning and murder of an infant better than abortion?
January 06, 2009
str8six
OK, first off, what does finding a gun in the house have anything to do with the murder (which the article so eloquently described as ..."but died shortly after the birth,")?

Secondly, how in the fuck is the drowning and murder of an infant better than abortion?

My guess is that the police are searching far and wide for a reason to explain why someone would kill a newborn, so if they could blame it on a family of gun-crazed drug runners, that much the better. I sadly wonder if the 41 year old might be the incestuous babydaddy.

In this case, abortion certainly looks merciful compared to being birthed and then promptly drowned in a bucket.
Anonymous User
January 06, 2009
My guess is that the police are searching far and wide for a reason to explain why someone would kill a newborn, so if they could blame it on a family of gun-crazed drug runners, that much the better.

I'm sure you're right in that they're looking for reasons, however the infant wasn't shot. No one was shot, I think they just need to see this as what it is: the senseless murder of a new baby born to an immature girl who obviously was not prepared for parenthood. Sounds to me like the media is doing what they do best; using the fact that the police found a gun in the house as ammo to further their anti-gun sentiments.

.I sadly wonder if the 41 year old might be the incestuous babydaddy.

Yes, this also crossed my mind. These days, anything's possible unfortunately.

In this case, abortion certainly looks merciful compared to being birthed and then promptly drowned in a bucket.[/quote]

Absolutely.
January 06, 2009
str8six
I'm sure you're right in that they're looking for reasons, however the infant wasn't shot. No one was shot, I think they just need to see this as what it is: the senseless murder of a new baby born to an immature girl who obviously was not prepared for parenthood. Sounds to me like the media is doing what they do best; using the fact that the police found a gun in the house as ammo to further their anti-gun sentiments.

What I was trying to say, you said better. I completely agree that there is an enormous media bias about gun ownership, and guns are always mentioned whenever a crime occurs, even when that gun was not used in the commission of a crime--but through the power of the printed and spoken word, the connection is slyly made.
January 06, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRj-S8Aklcw

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
January 06, 2009
Oh, it wasn't dumb little girl whore, it was some baby hating childfree person.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login