Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So Much for the Free Beer Samples!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
So Much for the Free Beer Samples!
January 06, 2009
Well folks, it was bound to happen: http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2009-01-05-anheuser-busch-free-beer_N.htm

Man, I remember when I was stationed out in Sandy Eggo that one of the perks of having an annual membership to Sea World (an Anheuser-Busch theme park) was that since you could pretty much go there whenever you wanted, you could drop by there after work with one of your buddies, see Shamu, and have a beer. It was pretty cool doing that during the week when the summer tourist season was over, since the park wasn't crowded and you could see the neat stuff and take your time doing so. Well worth the annual membership fee of $80 (back in 1998-2000)! Granted, it was Budweiser beer and not Heineken or Guiness, but seems to me a day at Wally World (ESPECIALLY if you're having to drag kids around) would be more TOLERABLE with a beer or two! HEAVEN FORBID a kid would ACTUALLY see an ADULT enjoying a beer in a theme park! Oh well, yet ANOTHER adult pleasure bites the dust! The foam-padding and wimpification of America "to protect the children" CONTINUES! AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scr
Re: So Much for the Free Beer Samples!
January 06, 2009
I don't drink beer, but I'll drink the Kool-Aid and feel bad with you!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login