Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Babies in military famblees

Posted by Cambion 
Babies in military famblees
January 07, 2009
One of my mother's idiot's nephews got married on the sly and his wife recently calved. Nephew is also leaving for Afghanistan shortly and will be there for a year.

...is it just me, or does it seem like breeders (especially the newly married ones) always manage to crap out kids immediately before or right after their men head overseas? This guy couldn't have not known he was getting shipped overseas, so I do not call it bad planning or bad timing. Methinks the reasons for this shit could be:

- in case the guy gets shot, he wants to make sure to leave a biological footprint (a.k.a. "I want to continue the family name/genes" )
- single moo martyrdom
- so the guy can have bragging rights about how he has a kid without the hassle of raising it (a.k.a. the average American dad)
- The 'American dream' (since it is clearly anti-American to not shit out kids eye rolling smiley)

I'm not knocking the military, even though they condone breeding in all circumstances. Has anyone else noticed what I described above?
Re: Babies in military famblees
January 07, 2009
Yes they do, I have a few military friends, who are CF. They claim it is so the moo will have a lasting memory if daddy gets killed.
I see no reason to make your life harder than it already is, wait to have a kid until he comes back.
I also think they like the attention it brings.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
January 07, 2009
I have a brother who is in the military with his wife. They have a 2 year old who has probably spent a month tops with her mom. Whenever they go for special training or are overseas kid gets shipped off to the nearest relative. The thing that aggravates me the most is that she was in the military when she got knocked up. So she not only pissed on my brother but is electing to remain in the service instead of parenting. Idiot.
January 07, 2009
I think that they do it for three main reasons. 1)The romanticism of "my wife and child are waiting at home for me", or from the moo's perspective, "Poor me, all alone, hubby off to war and I am in calf", 2)To solidify and protect a shaky relationship. From the duddy's perspective, if she is knocked up BEFORE he leaves, then even if she fucks around on him, he can be certain that it's "his". Also, a woman will be less likely to get bored lonely and leave nothing but divorce papers behind for him to sign when he returns, IF she has had baybee to fawn over. From the moocow's perspective, he is MUCH ,more likely to come home, RIGHT home too, if she has a sprogglin awaiting hs return. and 3)From the male's persepctive, if he dies then he has left a genetic marker and can "live on", like they say. From the moo's perspective, she will get a WHOLE lot more money from the militay insurance death benefits IF there is a kyd.

She will also get TONS more sympathy and attention if she is left a widow while in calf, or shortly there after. This alone, earns her a place in the military moomartyrdom ranks and she is likely to get marriage proposals from numerous military men in comparison to only having been widowed or divorced from one, while not in calf or freshly loaved. There is an unspoken sympathy card for military widows, ESPECIALLY young ones who are/were in calf when their man was killed. I have observed that they usually get promoted rank wise, when they remarry. It's almost considered impolite for a man who is of a lesser rank to call on a military widow and it's nearly always a same rank or higher when they remarry. I grew up in a military town where Maxwell AFB is located and later lived in another military town within a few miles of Ft Benning Army Base, so I saw quite a good bit of this. Oh, a military man getting killed while on active duty in a war trumps his getting killed while in training or en route or otherwise not on active duty while in a combat region, and active duty but not during wartime trumps his death from non military accidents, in the world of martyrmoodom. I know all that sounds cruel, but I am not the one who created the ranks of the military moomartyrdom.
January 07, 2009
Does a widow(er) with kids would get more money than one without when their spouse is killed in combat? If they aren't married, do the kids get money?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
January 07, 2009
Feh
Does a widow(er) with kids would get more money than one without when their spouse is killed in combat?

Yes. It depends on the rank (pay) of the deceased.

If they aren't married, do the kids get money?

If the deceased's name appears on the childs' birth certificate, the child gets something. However, the widow, if not married to the deceased, does not get cemetery benefits (buried next to the deceased when she/he dies for free).

My opinion is that women tend to get knocked-up prior to their husband's departure because it makes them feel more secure in the relationship. They are under the false impression that having a child ensures that their husbands will be faithful to them. They also are guaranteed certain support systems from the military while their husbands are away.

Most here who know me know I am VERY pro-gun and military, but I agree there is a definite advantage and unfair favoritism towards women who have children whose husbands are in the military. I hope this changes one day, but I'm not holding my breath.
January 08, 2009
Good points, kim.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login