Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bet this person would have had no problem if...

Posted by twocents 
Bet this person would have had no problem if...
January 07, 2009
A) welfare whore with bastard(s)
cool smiley an illegal immigrant..
C) name your own..
D) wrong ethnicity

Letter: FEMA wastes time and money
Published: Jan 7, 2009 - Page: 6B - UPDATED: 12:05 a.m.
Comments (0)
Several days before Hurricane Gustav hit our area on Sept. 1, Gov. Bobby Jindal and other officials warned of the impending storm and urged persons to get prepared.

I am a paraplegic and use a power wheelchair and also have sleep apnea and require a Continuous Positive Air Pressure machine. These pieces of equipment require electricity. On Aug. 29 I decided that it would be prudent to purchase a generator. I waited in a line of about 40 people for two hours and bought the only type of generator offered for $799.

I was informed that if a generator was purchased for medical reasons I could get reimbursement from the Federal Emergency Management Agency. I registered online with FEMA on Sept. 10. On Sept. 19, I received a general information packet from FEMA that did not mention anything about generator reimbursement. I met with some FEMA officials and showed them my FEMA application and the receipt for the generator purchased three days before the storm. They told me that I should fax a letter from my doctor stating why I required the medical equipment and also fax a copy of the receipt for the generator, and then FEMA would reimburse me up to $725. I faxed this information to FEMA on Oct. 1.

A month later I received a letter from FEMA stating that I needed to fill out FEMA Form 90-69B, show proof of ownership of my home, make a copy of my driver’s license, make another copy of the receipt for the generator and mail it back to them. I complied and mailed this to them via U.S. Postal Service certified mail. According to the USPS, the information was delivered to FEMA on Nov. 12.

I called FEMA again, and they said they had not received the documents. Then I received a letter stating that my claim was denied because my documents had not been received before the deadline of Nov. 30.

I called to complain, and FEMA said that the mailroom was backed up and to ignore the denial letter.

I called again on Dec. 12 and was told that all of my documents had been scanned in and to call back in two weeks.

On Dec. 28 I called FEMA and was told that since I purchased the generator three days before the storm that I did not qualify for reimbursement.

I could understand if I had bought it a month before the storm, but not three days. If someone had told me this idiotic rule at the beginning, then I would have never applied.

Almost four months of red tape. What a waste of my time and taxpayers’ money.

S. Pennington
retired information technology management consultant
St. Francisville

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

Re: Bet this person would have had no problem if...
January 07, 2009
Of course they would not have had trouble. My SIL is married to an illegal, she has never worked and he well is an illegal. Neither have paid into the system. but they got a government backed loan for a home and medicaid to deliver their baby.

When my brother was alive, my parents who are both legal citizens ( dad born in MX but a naturalized citizen) my parents went to get assistance, they both worked full time jobs and the doctor bills after insurance settled was about $175,000. My family was told no help, unless you get divorced.

Those who pay never use and those who use never pay.

Nothing irks me more than handouts for those who have never paid into the system.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
you are correct, the quickest way to get the best help available is to have loaves running around. without the loaves, you are fucked, even people in wheelchairs, totally fucked without loaves.

i think kim mentioned something about one time having a hard time getting her heat turned on and finally called the power company and told them she had loaves and they were out there the same day. this kind of thing works great if you are dealing with private biz, or private charity, but if it is government, unfortunately, you can't claim to have loaves unless you want to go to jail.

i can attest to the fact that the food banks will give you more and better quality food if you claim to have a couple of loaves. so yes, it does work when you can get away with it.
January 07, 2009
So, is FEMA saying that he would have had to have purchased the generator after the electricity went out to have been able to qualify for re-imbursement? That's rich, since of course he would have died of asphyxiation by then. When I think of all of the worthless sacks of shit who laid on their asses in a FEMA trailer for 2-3 years after Katrina, and this man can't get a generator paid for in order to breathe, it really pisses me off. I remember reading that Christopher Reeve's insurance company DENIED payment for him to get a back up generator to his wheelchair and they said it was "medically unnecessary". confused smiley This was before he became such a thorn in the side of the insurance industry regarding caps, limits, coverages, denials and exlusions, at a point when he was near bankrupt because of greedy bastards in the insurance industry. You can BET YOUR ASS if that man had been a chyld, ANY chyld, rich, poor, here legally or not, they would have hand delivered it, set it up, and made certain it was functioning properly before a medicaid rep and/or a medical professional even left the premises.ranting
January 07, 2009
annie35
Of course they would not have had trouble. My SIL is married to an illegal, she has never worked and he well is an illegal. Neither have paid into the system. but they got a government backed loan for a home and medicaid to deliver their baby.

When my brother was alive, my parents who are both legal citizens ( dad born in MX but a naturalized citizen) my parents went to get assistance, they both worked full time jobs and the doctor bills after insurance settled was about $175,000. My family was told no help, unless you get divorced.

Those who pay never use and those who use never pay.

Nothing irks me more than handouts for those who have never paid into the system.

Ain't it the truth! I've worked years, but tried to get help in Indiana....no way. The only fuckin' way you seem to get help here is if you are some trailer trash moo with a passel of bastards. They said they'd see about Medicare and food stamps but never heard a fucking thing. Luckily I have a bit coming to me from my late mum's estate, so I'm using it to get the hell out of Indiana and rent a place in AZ for DH and me whilst he is attending automotive technology school. Screw the welfare hos, their bastards AND the State of Indiana!!!
One of my uber breeder pleasing relatives that does not have kyds but is always got brains falling out of the head disorder for "heppin da chuyldrun" has another relative, a minor with some serious medical disorders they are all fawning over right now. I told the breeder pleaser, I said, well, he's 16 now, and has a gaggle of therapists and doctors from medicaid going out of their way with all kinds of expensive shit, but just wait man, just wait, once he turns 18 you and the rest of them are going to have to pick up the tab to continue this or he's just going to have to lay down in the dirt and die. Once he turns 18, it's all over. No one will give a shit anymore. Breeder pleasing relative DID NOT like hearing this at all. LMAO. Well the truth fucking hurts, idiot. Get used to it. Adult lives are cheap.
January 07, 2009
HAHAStupidMoos
One of my uber breeder pleasing relatives that does not have kyds but is always got brains falling out of the head disorder for "heppin da chuyldrun" has another relative, a minor with some serious medical disorders they are all fawning over right now. I told the breeder pleaser, I said, well, he's 16 now, and has a gaggle of therapists and doctors from medicaid going out of their way with all kinds of expensive shit, but just wait man, just wait, once he turns 18 you and the rest of them are going to have to pick up the tab to continue this or he's just going to have to lay down in the dirt and die. Once he turns 18, it's all over. No one will give a shit anymore. Breeder pleasing relative DID NOT like hearing this at all. LMAO. Well the truth fucking hurts, idiot. Get used to it. Adult lives are cheap.

I would be willing to guess that all of the people who are joining the ranks of the new homeless who line the city sidewalks during the days, sleep in shelters at night, stand at interstate exits with the "will work for food" signs, and silenty "direct" invisible choirs in state parks, were very likely receiving psychiatric care including meds and that medicaid picked up the tab UNTIL they turned 18. They were probably living in foster care until the checks for that were cut off too. Once a mental patient turns 18, the faucet is cut off. If there is no one around who genuinely cares about him and wasn't in it for the welfare money, then he doesn't stand a chance. No one in this position has the wherewithal to contact the right agencies and the ability to fill out the correct forms for assistance. Also, once their meds are cut off then they probably can't even focus enough to help themselves and are destined to a life in the streets, They just shuffle along among the other homeless mentally ill and survive if they can, it's truly pathetic.

No one gives a DAMN about adults who are mentally ill and in need of assistance, UNLESS they make a nuisance out of themselves, break the law, or become violent. I think that sometimes the homeless mentally ill break the law intentionally, JUST to have a safe place to sleep, a hot shower, and something to eat. Some people don't care when puppies turn into dogs or that kittens turn into cats, or that children turn into adults. It's as if after having been molly coddled, fed, clothed, and drugged their WHOLE lives, that the SECOND they reach 18, they should be able to handle everything alone and without assistance. What a bunch of selfish assholes. It should be the responsibility of the parents to see to it that their fucked up kyd gets the basic necessities and a safe place to lay his head at night, FOR LIFE, at the very least.
January 08, 2009
Thanks to politicians AND the ACLU the great mental hospitals are shut down.
They have calculated that housing these people is too expensive and that the death rate from people murdered by farking mentals is acceptable. After all, they cannot sue anyone over some homeless whack job who has refused to take (or more likely, sold them for drugs) killing some innocent. Yes, whack job should have been in hospital being cared for. But, the victims and their families have no one to sue and the politicians and ACLU get off scott free. They have caused the majority of the homeless mentally ill and are not responsible.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login