Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids' book is anti-gentle discipline

Posted by Cambion 
Kids' book is anti-gentle discipline
January 09, 2009
Oh noez! Naughty fiction children are BAD!

For those who do not want to read the topic, the general idea is that a Moo got all pissy over a book read to her kid at story time (words in pink are the story summary). The book dealt with a child who helps her mother make cupcakes and how the mother gets mad when the kid wants another cupcake. Dad sends the kid to bed and the girl sneaks a cupcake. Sneaky food girl is labeled naughty by the librarian and other parents in attendance. Moo in question got offended by the "fear-mongering" and "labeling" in the book and left.

So now you cannot even imply a child is naughty for blatantly disobeying her parents. Nope, because the new trend is to let kids do whatever they want because it's easier and won't destroy their delicate self-esteem or give them autism. Those gentle discipline freaks really need to all be punched in the head. I think this woman is one of those weirdos who actively seek out things to be offended about (like the ones on Etiquette Hell).

And in other unrelated news, the LiveJournal customers_suck has now prohibited the use of CF terminology on their board.
http://community.livejournal.com/customers_suck/26904966.html
Anonymous User
Re: Kids' book is anti-gentle discipline
January 09, 2009
I can't imagine what this world will be like in 20 years when these asshole brats become adults. They are raised without ever hearing "no," without ever seeing red ink on their papers (because that's so threatening), without ever getting F's when they fail (instead they get so-called grades like "no pass" because it, again, is less threatening), etc. It sure is going to suck when they FAIL at life in giant red letters and are standing around asking for handouts with their own brats to feed and wondering why no one ever told them that life is hard and people aren't nice.

What hope do we have for the future?
January 09, 2009
Square, there is so little hope left that I just hope all of us are relatively well armed.
For whatever reason the media and many in the public 'square' sseem to be regarding obuma as some sort of messianic saviour. I do not see where spending more money (our money), running up a bigger deficit is going to help anybody (save these fatass bankers.) In the next breath he's yapping about a tax cut (or just not raising taxes as much which is what it USUALLY means). You cannot spend more and tax less. Where does he get that idea anyway??

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 09, 2009
I think this is detonating NOW- it's been growing since the 80's.
Anonymous User
January 09, 2009
I got married and moved to a new state a little over a year ago. My first job when I got here was working in a middle school as a nurse's assistant. I liked the job because of the hours and figured I would stay there until I finished my own education, but the sheer amount of bullshit forced me to quit near the beginning of this school year after only about eight months.

I saw so much of this gentle discipline bullshit, and I swear every other kid was claimed to be autistic to some degree and was on twelve medications. Discipline doesn't even exist anymore. I had a 12-year-old boy tell me to go fuck myself when I tried to take a bottle of pills away from him that he was not authorized to have at school. Do you think anyone did anything? No way. The principal talked to his dad about it, but as far as I know, no real action was ever taken. The dad claimed he worked out of town a lot and the boy's mom didn't know how to "handle him." Great. And this little wannabe thug will be making life hell for everyone in ten years. We also had a kid transfer to our school who had already transferred from two other schools in the district the same year, and his mom was suing the entire school system. She claimed no one would help her poor autistic son, and he was suffering for it. Who's fucking job is to deal with YOUR kid? YOUR JOB. He was a horror. He was not autistic. He was very shrewd and knew how to work everyone for what he wanted. It was so transparent to everyone but the mother. To her, he was just her poor little mentally challenged angel.

I got chewed out on a near daily basis by these idiot parents. When I first got the job, I tried hard to make sure the kids didn't take advantage of the clinic, because a lot of them would come there claiming to be sick, but then I would find them on their phones, talking to other friends in the clinic, or I'd find out their teacher didn't even know where they were, etc. When I would tell their parents these things, half the time the parent would raise their voice at me for daring to doubt that their child wasn't really sick. How dare I! Parents today believe whatever their kids tell them and get taken advantage of daily. When I was a kid, unless I was bleeding or feverish or unconscious, my ass was in class. My parents did not fall for my crap and I didn't even try.

Our school had the district's biggest special ed program. My boss told me that special kids in our city are allowed to attend high school until they are 22. Unbelievable. I'm sure it's like that in a lot of places now. They claim it is so these kids can learn all the skills possible, but I'm pretty sure it's because enough special moos bitched until they got their way. Now they have government babysitters even into the kid's adulthood. Makes life easier on them for a little while longer.

We're all in for it. And I think you are right, Rose Red. It's already started.
Say what you will about the Duggars, at least their brood are very well behaved.
January 11, 2009
must breed, must breeedd.. does a duggar zombie

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 11, 2009
This is a frightening trend... Kids will have no resilience. What the fuck?

Heh, the other day I saw a mother with her 3-4 year old son on a trike. The kid had a fucking HELMET on. AAAAAAAAAA!!!! Stop the helmets!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login