Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh brother, Bushie enters "conscience law" into the federal registry

Posted by HAHAStupidMoos 
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-conscience19-2008dec19,0,6352558.story

Reporting from Washington -- The Bush administration announced its "conscience protection" rule for the healthcare industry Thursday, giving doctors, hospitals, and even receptionists and volunteers in medical experiments the right to refuse to participate in medical care they find morally objectionable.

This means ANY medical care, people. And you'll notice how they are him-hawing around about what O'bummer is going to do about it, if anything. And if he does do anything it will take months or more, they are saying.

So, on Jan 20th, a receptionist, A FUCKING RECEPTIONIST will have the legal right to deny you whatever healthcare offends her, such as delivering your request to your doctor for a BC refill, or anything she fucking feels like, endangering your health, and if she's fired for it, she can sue the fuck out of medical office that employs her. RECEPTIONISTS making your healthcare decisions. It's bad enough that this empowers those freaky pharmacists, but a goddamned $10 an hour barely out of high schooler or less can now legally deny you your healthcare.

Just goes to show how powerful that federal registry is, how much power a president really has.
wait a sec....

Bushie is such a farking dumb ass. According to the article, the law is written that ANY medical care can be denied on the basis of conscience. I guess if you are cf and don't want to fill a script for fertility meds or provide services to welfare whores getting medicaid, BECAUSE IT VIOLATES YOUR CONSCIENCE, you would also be free to do so!!!!

drinking coffee

Holy shit. This may not be such a bad idea afterall. Now, if there is some cf pharmacist, nurse, doctor or RECEPTIONIST AT A MEDICAL OFFICE reading this, you could make some big fucking money suing the pants off of any medical establishment that denies you your right under the law to deny medical care that violates your conscience. LMAO!!!

I would love more than anything for some ballsy cf to do exactly this. For sure O'bummer will get his ass into gear and strike it from the registry in FULL the minute a cf person takes advantage of not having to give fert pills to the breeders!!! Plus, it's likely you'll lose your job or at the very least get harassed in a "hostile work environment" and make some big bank suing everyone left and right.
Re: Oh brother, Bushie enters "conscience law" into the federal registry
January 12, 2009
Un-friggin'-believable. Why not go back to the days of magic spells and potions? The notion that some chippy at the front desk could veto my tubal makes me want to rip my hair out. Unbelievable.
January 12, 2009
I'm not sold on the whole "Obama is our savior" thing, but I'm willing to give him a chance. For me, how he handles this will be the first test.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 12, 2009
Fuck that mother fucker right in the fucking eye.
That walking sack of shit can't get out of there soon enough....
AND he's breathing OUR air?

Fuck.
angry flipping off

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 12, 2009
LoveToLurk
I'm not sold on the whole "Obama is our savior" thing, but I'm willing to give him a chance. For me, how he handles this will be the first test.

This is what I'm holding out hope for. We ducked the McCain/Palin bullet, but the idea that our rights can be interefered with on this level is frustrating. On the other hand, Plan B is now available over the counter so that's a light at the end of the tunnel.
Any receptionist, who would make my medical decisions because of her religious convictions, would rue the day she tried to interfere with my health care. That is one thing I guard heavily. I cannot imagine this lasting long. What if someone died because some bint-receptionist felt that blood transfusion patients or those who received an organ transplant should not get the Rx filled due to her beliefs against these type of procedures? Of course, this is all about controlling women's bodies and sexuality but other health issues are going to crop up amongst the religious zealots. With a Democratic president and some things being turned against the religious right, I do sense more clinic violence will take place as these crazies are going to be livid how they cannot force the woman to go to the delivery room.
January 12, 2009
If a medical doctor chooses to refuse or deny care based on his religion, while I think it's ridiculous, it doesn't bother me IF he refers the patient or tells them UP FRONT that he is against "manipulating" preganancy for instance, whether it be fertility treatments or sterilizations. This gives the patient the option and the time to CHOOSE another doctor. However, I don't think that ANY OTHER EMPLOYEE WITHIN THE MEDICAL COMMUNITY including the various nurses, assistants, receptionists, pharmacists, orderlies, CNA's, the fat lady in billing, insurance reps or adjusters, office managers, or their janitorial staff need to be INFORMED about my medical file in the first place, unless it's on a need to know basis. I think that patients should have a right to reasonable expectation that anyone acting on the behalf of, assisting, or considered an employee or it's agent, or supplier of medications or of prescriptions of drugs or other medically prescribed services or items, etc....to fulfil the medical doctor's orders and instructions as HE is ultimately responsible for their care. These people are extensions of their employer (the doctor) in the cases of medical personel (excluding the pharmacist in most cases) and it should be EXPECTED that they will follow the instruction of the MEDICAL DOCTOR in charge of that patient's care, NOT their own whims.
ranting

If the fuckers don't like that the doc prescribes birth control pills, or whatever, she needs to seek other employment, NOT wait until after 5pm on Friday to tell the patient that she has a "conscience objection" to handing her the prescription that the doc wrote for her before he left for a European vacation. This is utter and complete nonsense and I am HOPING that doctors won't put up with this shit and that they will carefully screen their new hires. I would lay in wait for a reason to fire a stupid bitch who pulled any such nonsense if I was a physician. I would also have several trusted employees to be constantly on the lookout for any employee wishing to become some cheesy do-gooder, in an effort to derail their patient care shittiness before someone was GREATLY inconvenienced, suffered, or died because of their "conscience". If they want to grow a "conscience" let them do it with their OWN medical care and leave mine the FUCK alone. I honestly can't say that I wouldn't seek revenge on a whore who did this to me, depending on how much it harmed me, caused me pain, or inconvenienced me. She just better hope that her ass is as tough as her "conscience' , is all that I can say.angry smiley
January 12, 2009
I urge each person not to use Wal-Mart pharmacies. Here locally, they will not sell you the morning after pill.
I want them boycotted until they change their minds.

Lovely, some breederific teen who is just working as a receptionist to land a doctor husband , has the right to refuse me service based on her back asswards religious beliefs. We need to start a fund that we all add to, a fund for bail money, just in case one of us goes crazy on one of these idiots.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Evolution removes the unfit, but sometimes it messes up. Bushie's one of those times it messes up.
January 12, 2009
annie35
I urge each person not to use Wal-Mart pharmacies. Here locally, they will not sell you the morning after pill.
I want them boycotted until they change their minds.

Lovely, some breederific teen who is just working as a receptionist to land a doctor husband , has the right to refuse me service based on her back asswards religious beliefs. We need to start a fund that we all add to, a fund for bail money, just in case one of us goes crazy on one of these idiots.

Can you imagine the lawsuits if people DIE because of this nonsense? What if a pasty faced do gooder slips through the cracks, but is the last employee there for the day as someone leaves the office with a famblee member who needs anti-depressants, pain medication, or an asthma inhaler and she REFUSES to hand over the script because of her fucking "conscience". Apparently, they can object to ANY prescription. If it's too late for them to locate another doctor to write a new one, it is possible that the person without his anti-depressant could committ suicide, the one who is sufferring immeasurable pain from say, cancer, will suffer SO horrifically that they go into cardiac arrest and die, and of course the one without the asthma inhaler could suffer and die form an asthmatic attack..

Will courts REALLY not hold them liable for that? If this type shit starts happening, I will change my views on vigilante justice and MIGHT even form a group for that very purpose. Just the thought of some backward shithole making life and death decisions based on their "conscience" incites me to riot. I can't begin to imagine how deeply my anger could progress should I ever have to actually suffer from it.ranting
HAHAStupidMoos
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-conscience19-2008dec19,0,6352558.story

Reporting from Washington -- The Bush administration announced its "conscience protection" rule for the healthcare industry Thursday, giving doctors, hospitals, and even receptionists and volunteers in medical experiments the right to refuse to participate in medical care they find morally objectionable.

Say whaaat?! Receptionists? doh face

I could see allowing the people who actually do the cutting to say no...but front-desk seatwarmers??? Their involvement is to pass papers and make phone calls! How the heck did they suddenly get a hand in the final decision? That territory belongs to those with scalpel in hand AND NOBODY ELSE.

As if we needed more evidence that government should be kept out of healthcare as much as possible...
This'll likely get overturned when Obama takes office. Just Dubya's last blowjob to the Religious Right (A double-misnomer, BTW).
January 12, 2009
it would be interesting to see who bush becomes a consultant for. after he has gone, me thinks some bribery and corruption is going on.

you will all have to come to the UK,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login