Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sixth Grade Basketball Game

Posted by annie35 
Sixth Grade Basketball Game
January 12, 2009
So I give in and go to watch my niece play baketball. Keep in mind this is a sixth grade basketball game. The second quarter starts and one of the players on the visiting team fouls a player and the referee did not call it.The next thing you know, the adults in the stands are screaming, cursing, yelling, and giving the referee the finger. The coaches on both teams are acting like idiots. My sister and I grab our coats and walk out, we do not say a word to a single person. We are both embarassed by the actions of every adult in the stands and want to leave.
I can't believe adults act like that and then when their kids act like idiots, they have no idea where they learned it.
Moron breeders, need to grow up.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Sixth Grade Basketball Game
January 12, 2009
this is one of the reasons why i dont like sports, i could be doing something more important like contemplating my navel. i cant see how people get so involved

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 12, 2009
Sports breeders are the worse breeders. My husband coaches college hockey, and even at that level the parents can be insane, and it only gets worse as the kids decrease in age. He refuses to work with teams younger than college age because of the parents.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 12, 2009
My ex used to referee community softball games including several kyd's team such as the "pee wee" leagues on occasion, as well as substitute at elementary-highschool football, soccer, basketball, and baseball/softball games. I went to the games often,, in the beginning, because of the parties held afterwards for the refs, coaches, and other adults. NEVER in my life have I seen such nonsense when it comes to the SHITTY behavior of parents and it's true that the younger the players, the WORSE that parents get. Screaming and yelling obsenities at the refs, coaches, AND sometimes other students, running out on the fields or courts and making asses out of themselves when they don't agree with a call, and occasionally, physical altercations with refs, coaches, or other parents. I observed that the main offenders were the ones who felt that THEIR child had "talent" and had a shot at the big leagues IF he didn't get any lousy calls, BAD coaching, and was allowed full and regular playing time.

It's hard to believe, but some of those parents who had kyds on a 5-7 age pee wee team were convinved that an SEC scout was looming in the bleachers with his eye on their kyd. eye rolling smiley This was almost ALWAYS fathers who did this and they ALL had been former players of the game and obviously had been mediocre players themselves, at best. The MOTHERS however, seem to surface at gymnastic competitions, ice skating, and cheerleading, and are at least as bad as the duddies, if not worse. Parents like this are living vicariously through their kyds and it's a transparent and PATHETIC sight to behold for objective onlookers.
January 12, 2009
I am from one of those families. My parents thought my sister and brother were the worlds greatest athletes and were going to play professionally.
My sister is to the point where she hates for my parents to come to her softball games because they are so loud, obnoxious, rude, and embarassing.
My mom got sued and had to pay out to another parent, because she slapped her. This happened when my brother was in H.S. abut 20 years ago. They were arguing over my brother. The other mom said he sucked and was an asshole. My mom, got all pissed and the fight was on.
I was thankful, that I was older and not present for her little brat fit.
I have watched my parents get into fights, scream, throw stuff, and argue with others over stupid games.
I never played sports, I preferred academic clubs and social clubs. I did not want to be involved in anything where my parents would attend and possibly make idiots out of themself.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
January 12, 2009
And people are surprised to find out that breeders treat Chuck E. Cheeze like a roman coliseum that serves pizza and has no live lions? Like school on Sunday, breeders have No Class.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 12, 2009
OMG, annie!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login