Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anne Coulter "attacks single moms" on The View

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Anne Coulter "attacks single moms" on The View
January 12, 2009
So I was checking my daily gossip at Perez Hilton and I ran across this video. It's Anne Coulter promoting her new book and she has a chapter on the negatives to society of being a single mother. You should see how irate these women get when Anne backs up all the facts and statistics she has researched. I'm not normally a Coulter fan but she definitely has some great points.

Re: Anne Coulter "attacks single moms" on The View
January 12, 2009
Despite her good education, Ann C is not a scholar, but an ideologue. I'd have to take an extremely close look at the studies she cites in the video, and who funded the studies, and what other studies were left out of her book, before deciding whether what she says has merit. I don't think she's a reliable source of information on topics of this sort; she chose to place a large anti-liberal chip on her shoulder (a schtick that has made her rich) and I don't think she's above selectively choosing facts and statistics to serve her ends.
January 12, 2009
I don't like Coulter, either, but I agree she makes some good points. If she would have stopped trying to blame the Left for this problem she'd be a lot better off. For example, when she was talking about the correlation of the prison population and the frequency of the inmates being raised by single mothers, she should have kept that more non-partisan instead of attacking the Left for somehow causing that. I mean, if you get mugged by some teenaged thug, does it really matter to you if his mother was a liberal single mother or a conservative teenaged mother?

She may be delivering a good message but she is a poor messenger because her flaming rhetoric drowns out what might otherwise be that good message.
Ann has always done an excellent job trashing the welfare whores and single moos, gawd bless her cold little soul. I love to hear her go off on all these whores. It's the only time I will give her my ear.

Problem is, she's wrong just about all the time when it comes to anything else.

I do believe she is a confirmed cf, she has a blurb on the Baby Boon book jacket.
January 13, 2009
so she cant say anything because she isnt married, hasnt kids, but that could be said about anything. i couldnt listen for long.

theres something wrong with coulter i dont know what, but the others in the panel need a enemy to fight, to justify themselves.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Well you run into the problem that if Ann Coulter wasn't everything that she is she wouldn't have the strength of voice to make this point heard. If she were just "some writer" who voiced these opinions and facts we would never hear them.

Consider how loud our own voices are on the national or world stage. We only really blip the radar of the breeders because they are so vehemently opposed to our point of view and even then we can only do so collectively. Individually we don't have much volume.

I'm not saying Ann Coulter is a saint or anything, but she is incredibly smart. The only people that ignore everything she says are the knee-jerk liberals (since the knee-jerk conservatives simply assume whatever she says is gospel truth). That means that by using charged speech she's able to make herself heard in a way most people cannot. This allows her to point out a lot of very unpopular truths, such as the fact that breeding irresponsibly is bad for society.

And if the hardcore left ignores what she says to the point that they just never hear it, no real loss there since they wouldn't likely change anything if they did. Traditionally they're the ones calling for more and more welfare, more wealth redistribution (our money to pay for their kids) and so on. Increased personal responsibility goes against their personal agenda.

I did really enjoy watching how it took 5 liberals to compete with one intelligent conservative, though.
January 13, 2009
Konkurrent, substitute "George Will" for "Ann Coulter" in your post and see how it changes everything. Will is intelligent, conservative, an author, someone who appears on TV a lot, but without the acid tongue Coulter has. Will can explain his point of view without pissing everyone off to such an extent that nobody wants to listen to him. When I see Will on Sunday morning's "This Week with George Stephanopolous," I am interested in hearing his views even if I don't agree with a lot of them. Coulter, like many other right-wingers (Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, most people on Fox News, Rush Limbaugh), I can't stand listening to for more than a minute or two before they say something in such a way which pisses me off. You don't have to be a knee-jerk liberal to be annoyed at Coulter's tone - she pisses off moderates, too.

Having such a bad messenger will get in the way of getting the message out.
January 13, 2009
If Ann Coulter was not so anti-abortion and 'anti' anyone who is not Christian, I could listen to her. I am a registered Republican but feel she is an embarrassment to us. Not all those who vote differently want abortion outlawed. I am so pro-abortion that it ain't funny... grinning smiley

As for the single mother thing, how many single moos have I worked with who were Evangelical Christian and insisted abortion was so wrong despite illicit sexual relations? Many liberal girls would rather abort or use contraception instead to prevent pregnancy. Her delivery is always on attack mode. Then, Ms. Couter acts so aggrieved when her slot on a show has been canceled. She has more entitlement issues than any single mother.

If Ms. Coulter was so concerned with illegitimacy, why not promote teaching young girls about birth control and talk to them about how being childfree or aborting are options rather than insist the babies be born. She cannot have it both ways: be so pro-life and then condemn the women who give birth even if there is no husband.

Another thing is her putdowns. The biggie over Xmas was how Kwanzaa was a made-up holiday. So are many other holidays. Christmas is a take on many of the pagan Winter holidays. Same goes for Easter which has some roots I have read in Ostara, the pagan Spring holiday. Take away the bleached-blonde hair and skin-tight dresses, I doubt anyone would listen much to her...
January 13, 2009
I would love to see a Celebrity Death Match between Coulter and Paglia.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login