Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Spell Father? F-a-r-t-h-e-r

Posted by mercurior 
Spell Father? F-a-r-t-h-e-r
January 13, 2009
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/4226922/Teenager-branded-Britains-most-stupid-father-after-failing-to-spell-father.html

Teenager branded 'Britain's most stupid father' after failing to spell 'father'
A teenager with three children has been mocked as Britain's most inept father after failing to spell the word on television.

By Daily Telegraph Reporter
Last Updated: 10:45AM GMT 13 Jan 2009

Jeremy Kyle accused Ben Smith of irresponsibility, asking whether he could even spell the word father
The 18-year-old, named in reports as Ben Smith, was challenged on the Jeremy Kyle chat show over his claim to have fathered a fourth child.

The outspoken presenter accused him of irresponsibility, asking whether he could even spell the word father.

He drew mocking laughter from the audience as he responded: "F-a-r-t-h-e-r."

The teenage girl next to him on stage covered her mouth as he added the superfluous "R" but he appeared unaware of his mistake.

Kyle challenged him to the impromptu spelling test after hearing how his guest had fathered children with three separate girls aged 16 and 17.

His claim to have got a fourth teenager pregnant was challenged on the ITV1 programme.

Producers organised a paternity test which showed that he was not the father of the girl's child.

"The entire audience were in stitches as Ben didn't know he had made a basic spelling mistake," one viewer told the Daily Star.

"It wouldn't surprise me if the stud he had through his eyebrow was actually an earring he had put in the wrong place by accident

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
Re: Spell Father? F-a-r-t-h-e-r
January 13, 2009
Well if sex required brains we'd probably have died out eons ago.

I'm not an advocate of eugenics, but any rancher knows what happens if you consistently breed the weakest animals in the herd...
January 13, 2009
admittedly it is the phonetic spelling, f aaa(extended a) ther could be equally far ther..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
January 13, 2009
True, but phonics is the crutch of the retarded.

Even half a wit could have deflected the spelling challenge unanswered without loss of face.
January 13, 2009
yes i agree, but i just say it could be understandable, since i left school 16 years b4 this kid was spawned, the education system has degraded, due to political pressures, we are breeding a generation of morons.

January 13, 2009
Someone needs to be neutered.
January 13, 2009
mercurior
admittedly it is the phonetic spelling, f aaa(extended a) ther could be equally far ther..

What you describe is the "Boston" accent, except we DROP the "r" sound when it is supposed to be there. "Hah-vahd Skwayah"

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 13, 2009
Poofy, I LOVE to hear the New England accents when we travel up there. Especially when we come to Boston. My cousins all live in Mass. and have that accent.

I'm sure the problem with our young friend mentioned in the article is that his parents never taught him how to speak properly. He probably pronounces "ask" as "ax."
January 13, 2009
This is exactly why everything is being dumbed down these days and why parents are DEMANDING that the world be foam-paded to protect little Shitford. The weak links are breeding us into oblivion and they know their kids are too stupid and weak to survive when times are tough.

Konkurrent
Well if sex required brains we'd probably have died out eons ago.

I'm not an advocate of eugenics, but any rancher knows what happens if you consistently breed the weakest animals in the herd...
January 13, 2009
KidFreeLuvnLife
The weak links are breeding us into oblivion and they know their kids are too stupid and weak to survive when times are tough.

That's why I almost wish we would have a depression in this country that would rival the '30's depression - Darwin would again be able to do his job. I know that life would really suck, but I think I would be able to make it through. I can't say that for many of the dumb-as-bricks people that I see around me on a daily basis. They'd either A) off themselves because they can't stand to live withouth their McMansions, S-Moo-V's, and cable TV, cool smiley they'd have to get a good old fashioned dangerous hard labor job and end up getting themselves killed because they didn't follow directions, or C) starve to death beacuse they got themselves fired from the hard labor job because they were too lazy to go into work/too incompetent to do what was expected of them.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 13, 2009
it looks like we are heading that way.

January 13, 2009
Maybe it was a Freudian slip, since that is the distance away from their kyds that most fathers prefer to be.
CFTeen
January 13, 2009
Nice to see this brainless breeder being mocked instead of lauded, as too many teen parents are. Seriously - how do you get an extra 'r' in there? I could see something like f-a-h-t-h-e-r...but f-a-r-t-h-e-r???
January 14, 2009
poofy_puff
mercurior

What you describe is the "Boston" accent, except we DROP the "r" sound when it is supposed to be there. "Hah-vahd Skwayah"

Say Chowdah!! Say it!
Chowdah!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login