Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Design Your Own Family Stickers!

Posted by clematis 
Design Your Own Family Stickers!
January 13, 2009
from http://www.familystickers.com/family-stickers/default.asp

"Below you can design your own custom stick family stickers. Each of these family stickers is made especially per your request. These easy to apply vinyl family car stickers are available over 2,200 variations and several sizes or customized to your request. Family car decals are cut from outdoor rated vinyl and will last for several years. Your stick family stickers are easily applied on your vehicle car window or any other flat surface. They can also be removed with ease. Exclusively at FamilyStickers.com"

I'm not sure why this makes me roll my eyes...childish? Boastful? Idiotic? Anyways, I'm glad I don't have a whole little train of dumb stick kid figures parading across my back window.
Anonymous User
Re: Design Your Own Family Stickers!
January 13, 2009
I've always thought those stickers were creepy. Know what's even creepier, though? The massive decals on the back window that say "In loving memory of..... (name, date of birth, date of death)" Why the hell would you need to advertise to everyone behind you in traffic that someone died? It makes me shudder.
Anonymous User
January 13, 2009
I had fun with my custom family sticker. My husband is a gun-toting ninja, I'm a ballerina, and our "children" are our cat and snake. The perfect family! :fmbl

January 13, 2009
At best, those stickers just look silly. At worst though, they are advertising personal information to a potential criminal. For instance, "Look at me! I am a single mom named Mandy, I have twin, blue haired blond eyed boys (Dinkey and Tinkle) who attend Tiny Tots Daycare, I work the graveyard shift at The Quick Stop, and am a proud member of the Happy Famblee Trailer Village Subdivision Association". I have seriously seen some stickers on SMooV's that gave out this much information, and then some. They give out even MORE info on public websites such as full names, names of schools, employment, kyds' favorite toys, food, movies, etc...........They also inadvertantly let anyone who is interested know where they will be at any given time of the day and when they are home alone. I have seen numerous moomie type blogs/posts on my local community forum that says things like, "Steve will be gone to Chicago for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! It will just be me and the girls", this of course, after they have already let the entire population of the county, and anywhere else for that matter, know where they live and work, their schedules, names, ages of kyds, etc.....

Call me overly cautious, but it's better to be safe than sorry, IMO.
Anonymous User
January 13, 2009
If I'm not mistaken, my sister has one of those on the back of her moomie-van.

What's worse is that there's more than double the number of kids on the back of the van than there are inside it. See, if my sister thinks she's pregnant she names the tumor. Then, if it miscarries (or simply fails to exist outside her imagination in the first place) she do the whole grieving attention-seeking thing and plaster another sticker on the window.

It's getting to where it looks like she thinks she's some kind of WWII flying ace.

Hell, she put "twins" on there because her spidey-sense told her she was pregnant with twins once.
January 13, 2009
Portiabella, that is hilarious! I missed the snake option! OK, now I have to play...

Anonymous User
January 13, 2009
OMG, what is Pequod? I love it!
January 13, 2009
Pequod is a sea cucumber. bouncing and laughing
Anonymous User
January 13, 2009
Oh. Naturally. How silly of me. tongue sticking out smiley
January 13, 2009
kidlesskim
At worst though, they are advertising personal information to a potential criminal.

Yup. Especially to the Chesters of this world. You'd think breeders would be more careful with their personal info - but I guess bragging beats safety.

And this is MY family!

January 13, 2009
HAHA! Oh man, I gotta try to make one when I have more time...

Those things are so fucking lame, they top the 'Calvin pissing' stickers. "Look at how many carbon footprints I'VE made! Aren't I SPAY-shall?!"
Anonymous User
January 13, 2009
Portiabella
I had fun with my custom family sticker.

You, clematis, and Medusa have lovely families!

And I agree with kidlesskim about these stickers. They are worse than the baby on board signs that were all the rage years ago. I thought they were just a screeching advertisement to criminals, and these decals are worse. As worried as people claim to be about some stranger doing something awful to their precious kids, they sure do seem to make it easier for would be predators.
January 14, 2009
I love how the marketing statement says "They can be removed with ease." Phew, thank god. So when you no longer love your fambly or you kill one of them or something, a simple slice-n-peel ought to update the decal.

Oh and as for the stickers saying 'In loving memory of Trigg' or whatever, it just makes me think that's the fambly truckster that ran him over. In the same way that World War One flying aces used to put a decal on their planes for each of the enemy's planes they shot down, these cars could have a whole list of 'In Loving Memories' for everyone they ran over.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 14, 2009
I saw them on some vans while I was on vacation.eye rolling smiley
Anonymous User
January 14, 2009
Konkurrent
See, if my sister thinks she's pregnant she names the tumor. Then, if it miscarries (or simply fails to exist outside her imagination in the first place) she do the whole grieving attention-seeking thing and plaster another sticker on the window.

It's getting to where it looks like she thinks she's some kind of WWII flying ace.

Hell, she put "twins" on there because her spidey-sense told her she was pregnant with twins once.

God, that is so bizarre. I pity you have to deal with someone who would do that.
Anonymous User
January 14, 2009
Okay, I had to come back to share my own family sticker. That's my husband there in the carpenter outfit, since he is a contractor. That's me there in the kayak, because we love the great outdoors, camping, and anything involving the water! And there are our three beloved cats and two dogs. And yes, we plan to "try for more" as soon as we have more land one day for them to run and play on.

gothgrrrl
January 14, 2009
My husband and I actually have one of these stickers in the car- me, him and two cats. That's OUR family. I just think they are kind of cute. We have had a couple of people, moo's I assume, ask why there aren't any children on the sticker. Both times I said yes there are and point to the cats.

I don't get the parents that get them and then advertise the kids' names and activities. Then they would be the first to complain about someone kidnapping/molesting/stalking their child.
January 14, 2009
kidlesskim
At worst though, they are advertising personal information to a potential criminal. For instance, "Look at me! I am a single mom named Mandy, I have twin, blue haired blond eyed boys (Dinkey and Tinkle) who attend Tiny Tots Daycare, I work the graveyard shift at The Quick Stop, and am a proud member of the Happy Famblee Trailer Village Subdivision Association". I have seriously seen some stickers on SMooV's that gave out this much information, and then some. They give out even MORE info on public websites such as full names, names of schools, employment, kyds' favorite toys, food, movies, etc...........They also inadvertantly let anyone who is interested know where they will be at any given time of the day and when they are home alone. I have seen numerous moomie type blogs/posts on my local community forum that says things like, "Steve will be gone to Chicago for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! It will just be me and the girls", this of course, after they have already let the entire population of the county, and anywhere else for that matter, know where they live and work, their schedules, names, ages of kyds, etc.....

THIS. They are too quick to give up their personal info.
Anonymous User
January 14, 2009
Rose Red
kidlesskim
At worst though, they are advertising personal information to a potential criminal. For instance, "Look at me! I am a single mom named Mandy, I have twin, blue haired blond eyed boys (Dinkey and Tinkle) who attend Tiny Tots Daycare, I work the graveyard shift at The Quick Stop, and am a proud member of the Happy Famblee Trailer Village Subdivision Association". I have seriously seen some stickers on SMooV's that gave out this much information, and then some. They give out even MORE info on public websites such as full names, names of schools, employment, kyds' favorite toys, food, movies, etc...........They also inadvertantly let anyone who is interested know where they will be at any given time of the day and when they are home alone. I have seen numerous moomie type blogs/posts on my local community forum that says things like, "Steve will be gone to Chicago for TWO WHOLE WEEKS! It will just be me and the girls", this of course, after they have already let the entire population of the county, and anywhere else for that matter, know where they live and work, their schedules, names, ages of kyds, etc.....

THIS. They are too quick to give up their personal info.

Here's a fun little story. Well in order to remove the personal information I won't say what it was, but I sold an Item on craigslist a couple months ago. Said Item was old and of a mechanical nature and was indisputably very, very heavily used. It had always worked very well for me, but I could make and stated no guarantees.

The guy who bought it claimed that a few days after buying it, it broke down spectacularly and nearly injured him in the process. He then asks what I think I should to to "make this right" and says he will be "looking into his options". Well I replied that what I would do to "make it right" was to offer my sympathy that this had happened and said that I was happy no one had been hurt. But that I could not be responsible for what happens to the Item after it has left my possession.

Because of the "options" thing and the fact that this guy knew where I lived, I could only assume that this mean he was considering options of a non-legal nature since there's only one "option" that's legal (suing me in small claims court where his court costs would exceed any reparations he could expect). So one night after a little more to drink than was necessary I sat down at my computer and put this guy's name, city, and state into Google.

Within 10 minutes I was watching his home video of his little runtlings playing soccer. I knew that his FIL died two years ago, his real first name (he went by a short version of his middle name), his wife's name, his three kids name, his street address...

It was nuts. If I were a "bad guy" I could find out everything necessary to hurt his family based exclusively on his name and hometown. All I wanted the info for was so that I could, if he ever showed up here and had to be sent home at the business end of my shotgun, let him know that I wasn't the only one who could be threatened illegally. And that he had much more to lose than I do.

Oh, and here's a tip for people who don't know any better. Even if it's not blindingly easy to come up with your street address online, don't video tape your front yard if you have really distinctive landmarks. Like, say, a mailbox proclaiming your favorite professional sports franchise.
January 14, 2009
About 3 years ago a woman was at the grocery store at night, she had one of those family stickers on her gas guzzling SUV. This guy walks up and starts talking to her about how he is Emily's dad and Emily is on Brittons dance team. He was a liar and a rapist. He read the back of her SUV and then picked a popular girls name and posed as a parent of another child. He established a rapport with the woman and once she was comfortable, he carjacked her , raped her and beat her. All this might have been avoided is she hadn't advertised her whole family on the back of her car.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
January 14, 2009
Konkurrent
Because of the "options" thing and the fact that this guy knew where I lived, I could only assume that this mean he was considering options of a non-legal nature since there's only one "option" that's legal (suing me in small claims court where his court costs would exceed any reparations he could expect).

It only costs around $40 to file a case in small-claims court.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
January 14, 2009
My husband got me these for Christmas! It's me, him, and our four cats (we even picked up different designs for the cats, so you can tell them all apart.)

They go quite nicely with the Superman symbol, Renfaire sticker and Punisher skull emblem, if I do say so myself. :>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login