Advanced

One of the stupidest names in a while!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
One of the stupidest names in a while!!
January 13, 2009
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10551686

To quote Feh, what fuckery is this??!!

The baby's name is bad enough, but then look at the names of its siblings - jebus kee-rist!

Some people go WAY overboard when it comes to wanting originality in a name - what next, Africa-South? America-Central? Pole-North?
Anonymous User
Re: One of the stupidest names in a while!!
January 13, 2009
:scr and I thought my friend naming his girl Xavien was bad. Does that grandmoo WANT her grandsprogs to be tormented in school?
January 14, 2009
Back when "Roots" came out, the fad to name black kyds something derived from their African heritage really gained in popularity. The way it was explained to me by an older black lady is that it started out that they actually did some genealogical research and gave their kyds African derived names, but then they just started naming them "crazy shit" (according to her) and claiming it was of African origin. What's worse, many of these kyds had as much of an African ancestry as I did and it really became a problem for some of them with the fucked up and made up names later on. This is the main reason for the popularity of nicknames for much of the young black population, so I am told. Some of these names are just ridiculous and seemingly just pulled out of air, with no apparent meaning, no ancestral or familial origin, and for lack of a better way to say it, they are just plain stupid. I feel the same way about the stupid names from the 1960's too, what were these people thinking? "Moonbeam"? "Stardust"? "Love", and one of my personal favorites, "Galactica". It's just ridiculous and no child should be put through that nonsense. "Zowie Bowie" is one of the MOST stupid celebrity kyd names I have ever heard too.

By far the worse name which is gaining in popularity now though is "Myracle" and it's many variations. One other popular thing to do regarding names, which I hate, is this trend to legally change a name to some middle eastern sounding Muslim name. I mean, do we REALLY need another "Mohammed", or "Achmed", or "Kareem"? It's always baffled me how people claim to be deviating from the norm, or away from conformity, and pretend to be "different" or "unique", but then they jump right from frying pan and into the fire and basically join up with another, but different group. The "Goth" types couldn't be any more common and identifiable and are certainly not "unique" looking or acting. They dress exactly the same, look the same, listen to the same music, etc........The same with "artsy fartsy" types. ANYONE can spin out a Mozart tune, smoke a cigarette from a silver holder, sling some Monet prints up on the wall, swill back some brandy from a fancy snifter, and speak in a snooty tone, so they TOO stand out as sore thumbs, rather than "different" like they believe themselves to be. Same with the ganster wannabees (low riding cars with too big tires, shiny windmill like hubcaps, pants down below their cracks, etc...)

I suppose that there are so many wannbees these days because there are so few people left who can actually think for themselves. They will do just about anything in an effort to seem "different", like with these bizarre names, simply because they don't have the capability to BE different.
January 14, 2009
My mom was pregnant with me around the time of the summer of love- thank god i didn't get stuck with a sucky name but she named herself something awfully screwball.
Another silly trend is using surnames as first names for girls eg, Taylor, Bailey, Farley, Riley with the variations in spelling, Baylee, Rylie, etc. Also gaining in popularity among black Americans is the placing of an apostrophe in their kids stupid name.

There was a local news story a few months ago about a woman who named her new loaf Blessing because she was home alone when she went into labor and gave birth before help arrived.

Some of the most hilarious celeb kid names are Moon Unit Zappa and her siblings Ahmet, Dweezil and Diva.
January 14, 2009
i knew someone my age 34, who was changing her name to galaxistar. so its not just kids

NOT SAFE FOR WORK, AT ALL DO NOT OPEN AT WORK

NSFW!
This comic contains adult situations, nudity, and many other naughty things. It contains things that might be considered offensive to those with a weak disposition. It also contains some lowbrow humor. If you hate furry comics, for goodness sakes, hit your back button! If you don't like such things

http://www.bibp.com/cgi-bin/autokeenlite.cgi?date=20060112

once again NOT safe for work. but its got a great Kr8tive spellingwink

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
January 14, 2009
The trend to give "normal" names with wacky spellings is the stupidest thing to come along in a while. Where I used to work, there was a student named Alyxzandreah, Lexzi for short.

I also HATE HATE HATE the name Nevaeh, "heaven" backwards. It's the gangsta/white trash name of choice these days, along with Michaela/McKayla/Mykalah/and its many other spellings.

My favorite Carlin clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohXn8WKpYaA
January 14, 2009
Well, they are from New Zealand, so I'm guessing the other kids names are culturally appropriate for that population...maybe, I don't know any more.

For naming, I hate cre8tif names with wacky spelling. How is it going to make Tyghlohor's life any better when he could have just as easily been named Taylor? I also hate it when people name their kids after cities for some reason.

However, I have no problems with crazy hippy names. I was great friends with a Mellow Sunshine in high school. And well, celebrities can name their kids whatever they want. A person with the last name of Bowie or Zappa is going to be taken care of pretty well no matter what their first name is.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
January 14, 2009
Feh
Well, they are from New Zealand, so I'm guessing the other kids names are culturally appropriate for that population...maybe, I don't know any more.

As a NZer, I can tell you that NO, those names are not normal or appropriate!

As far as local culture goes, often Maori children (that's the indigenous people here) have Maori names which would probably look like something stupid and kre8tiv to a non-NZer. But they almost always go by nicknames, e.g. I went to primary school with a boy named Te Rakiamoa, but we just called him Raki; and I went to high school with a girl named Te Ratangihia, but we just called her Ra. The names of the children in that article are absurd (I think one of them was Rlexus? How the hell is that even pronounced? It sounds like the name of a car!).

Furthermore, I don't understand why it is the grandmother who is naming these children. Were I of a mind to breed, I would NEVER allow my mother or MIL to name the sprog, lest she bestow it with a moniker that was ridiculous, or that I simply didn't like.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login