Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help!!!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Help!!!
January 16, 2009
Hello everyone,
I'm new to this forum, but I have been lurking here for the past week. Love this board btw. Anyway I have a tale to share with you guys. I recently met this man who I have major chemistry with and he has a six month old girl. He knows my status as I told him I will never have kids. He is fine with that, in fact he even told me that he wanted to get a vasectomy very soon because he doesn't want anymore kids. He has asked me several times would I change my mind about not wanting kids because he is afraid that I will dump him when he gets the vasectomy. I told him HELL NO!!!!!! I don't want kids. Anyway here is my dilemma, I have never felt this way about a man before. We really are falling for each other. However, he is a father. I do not want to date a man with kids. But I like him. Should I run the other way? Sorry for the typos, I'm still sleepy.LOL.
Re: Help!!!
January 16, 2009
you have to follow what you know is true. if you know in your heart of hearts that you do not ever want kids, and never want to be with someone with kids. then follow your heart.

you say "I do not want to date a man with kids", he has kids so theres your answer.

the fact he questions you about having kids several times, could be seen as a ploy to persuade you to have kids.

if you married him, would he spend more time with his kid than with you.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 16, 2009
CAPTCHA = u666v (this is the second time in 24 hours I got "666" in my CAPTCHA. I guess I should better watch out. Now, if only it would give me a "333")

Maybe he doesn't want you to have your own 'cause he wants you to be step-mawmy. I wouldn't rush into anything with this guy. That is all I am prepared to say with the information you provided.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
January 16, 2009
Does he have custody of the kid? How often does he have her?

I would advise you to be very careful with this, and I have personal experience with it. There are a lot of men in the world who don't have children. Unless this one is perfect in every other way (and doesn't have custody), I would tell you to run like hell. You'll be the one who ends up taking care of her, believe me, and since she's only 6 months old, you'll get to see every nasty stage for the next 18 years. Just as if you had one of your own.

Also, what's up with the kid's Moo? You don't want to get involved in any custody BS and baby mama drama either.
January 16, 2009
I'm just waiting for KKim's dissertation on this. Better yet, do a search for her posts. I would wager that AT LEAST HALF of her posts mention her experience with this exact scenario.

All yours, KKim!

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

January 16, 2009
be aware, you really need to think about what you want, we can give advice, as we are uninterested 3rd parties, but its really your choice.

i agree with my esteemed boarders,

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 16, 2009
I'm with poofy and anneonimiss. Expect to be the primary caregiver if he has primary custody or a part-time (at least) caregiver if he has part-time custody. If the kid were 15 years old, for example, then your daily dealings with the kid would be greatly reduced and not for nearly as long (as long as the kid doesn't end up living with you as an adult) so the deal would be plausible. However, I think you are looking for a lot of grief and this looks like a dealbreaker for you, unfortunately.
January 16, 2009
Slightly OT: I can't stand it when people who have a kyd think they are CF because the kyd doesn't live with them and/or they are not in a romantic relationship with the kyd's other parent.

My father should never have had a kyd (me) and he thinks he is a "DINK" with his second wife. The irony is, she wanted to have kyds with him, he said "No fuckin' way" but he "let" her have cocker-spaniels instead.

I wouldn't be surprised if he lurks on THIS board.

Anonymous User
January 16, 2009
The moo has full custody. She is hitting him up for more child support as we speak.
January 16, 2009
Yet another reason to run like hell.

Anonymous User
January 16, 2009
This really sucks because every guy I meet has kids. Usually when a man tells me that he has kids I run the other way. Oh I almost forgot to post that his family believes that the kid isn't even his. He and his ex wife moo had drunken sex before the divorce was final. So he got oopsed and he regrets it.
January 16, 2009
Maybe you and CF West should get together.:drkbddy

Anonymous User
January 16, 2009
LOL! CFWest doesn't date black women. Oh well, back to the drawing board.smiling smiley
January 16, 2009
:1welcome CFBrandy!

I have some personal experience with this topic - when I was 25 I was involved with a guy with 2 brats from a previous marriage, aged 4 and 6. I was quite clear that I would never have kids and told him so very early on. He was fine with it and in fact he'd already had the snip.

Before I ever met his kids, they interfered with the relationship. We'd go out to dinner and he'd get a phone call from his crazy bitch ex wife, claiming the lil bastards "wanted their daddy". That's just one example off the top of my head. Long story short, the final straw came when the nutty moo joined the gym I used, followed me into the ladies' room and called me a fucking slut. I'm not saying this will happen to you of course - but do not underestimate the baby mama drama that comes from being with a childed man. I did, and had I known then what I know now, I'd never have gotten involved with him in the first place. I ended the relationship - yes it was painful as I did love him but looking back it was the right thing to do. I realized that I didn't want brats of my own, and the last thing I wanted was to raise someone else's, even on a part time basis.

Only you can make the decision about this man - we can only give advice.

In your shoes, I'd want to know: where is the baby mama? Does he have sole or joint custody? Remember the kid is only a baby :baybie1 - you have a minimum of 18 years of having to deal with this kid and the baby mama if you get involved with him. Is he worth that?

Are you ready and willing to deal with his kid? Will you have to play second fiddle to her in terms of affection, time, money, etc? I hate to say it, but I suspect the answer is yes.

Is he serious about not wanting any more kids and getting a snip, and has he taken any concrete steps to do so ie had a consultation with a doc, etc? If he shows any reluctance about it, I would be very wary about taking things any further.

I am wondering if you've made the decision already tho, as you've said you don't wanna date a man with kids. In that case, if I were you, I'd get the heck out now and save myself a lot of shit.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.
January 16, 2009
Me, personally, would RUN LIKE THE HOUNDS OF HELL. There is nothing but drama in store for you. If the kid was grown (16/17 or so), it wouldn't be so bad but you've got a LIFETIME of hell in front of you.

Drama with the baby's mamma, all the extortion payments he'll be making and I guarantee you the bitchy mother will never be happy with any amount she is given, she'll always be bitching for more, there will be drama with the kid, games played with the baby mamma, power plays. It will go on and on and on. The baby mamma will ALWAYS be part of your lives, ALWAYS. This is whether he's got custody of the kid or not. The mamma will always be in control. She'll use the kid as a tool to control this guy because guys can never stand up to these bitches. He'll cow-tow to her every demand whether it be money or a major change in schedule, you name it. Then, if this kid decides to go to college after high school, there will be more drama because the baby mamma will probably try to have the father pay for that too. I've seen this shit first-hand.

RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!
January 16, 2009
CFBrandy
LOL! CFWest doesn't date black women. Oh well, back to the drawing board.smiling smiley

Maybe he'll make an exception JUST FOR YOU!

Keeping all options on the table, so to speak.

January 16, 2009
ETA: I've just read CFBrandy's reply about the moo hitting him up for more child support. :hs

I can only echo what KFLL said: RUN!
Anonymous User
January 16, 2009
KidFreeLuvnLife
Me, personally, would RUN LIKE THE HOUNDS OF HELL. There is nothing but drama in store for you. If the kid was grown (16/17 or so), it wouldn't be so bad but you've got a LIFETIME of hell in front of you.

Drama with the baby's mamma, all the extortion payments he'll be making and I guarantee you the bitchy mother will never be happy with any amount she is given, she'll always be bitching for more, there will be drama with the kid, games played with the baby mamma, power plays. It will go on and on and on. The baby mamma will ALWAYS be part of your lives, ALWAYS. This is whether he's got custody of the kid or not. The mamma will always be in control. She'll use the kid as a tool to control this guy because guys can never stand up to these bitches. He'll cow-tow to her every demand whether it be money or a major change in schedule, you name it. Then, if this kid decides to go to college after high school, there will be more drama because the baby mamma will probably try to have the father pay for that too. I've seen this shit first-hand.

RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!

ITA. You said you recently met this guy, so the best time to run is now. It's sooo sooo not worth it.
January 16, 2009
I married a man years ago with a 12-year-old from a former relationship (they never married--I was beyond stupid to enter this trainwreck).

Imagine my surprise when I found I'd married my then-husband's ex as well as my husband. She was a constant shadowy presence in our own private home, via phone calls, emails, and diktats regarding my stepson.

I had all of the responsibility for my stepson and none of the authority. I was legally responsible for him, (read: potential lawsuit) but I couldn't establish any sort of discipline or parental control. Mull that over for a bit.

I divorced my then-husband within a year and shed my stepson (good kid, born into and damaged by a toxic situation he didn't deserve) and shed my unwitting marriage to my ex's shitty, neurotic girlfriend.

Never. Again. I recently (1.5 yr. ago) married a wonderful CF man. No troubles. Happy. Enjoyment of life. Peaceful home. I lucked out to find such a good guy, but it can be done. Took 40 years, in my case, but is worth it.
Anonymous User
January 16, 2009
liz
:1welcome CFBrandy!

I have some personal experience with this topic - when I was 25 I was involved with a guy with 2 brats from a previous marriage, aged 4 and 6. I was quite clear that I would never have kids and told him so very early on. He was fine with it and in fact he'd already had the snip.

Before I ever met his kids, they interfered with the relationship. We'd go out to dinner and he'd get a phone call from his crazy bitch ex wife, claiming the lil bastards "wanted their daddy". That's just one example off the top of my head. Long story short, the final straw came when the nutty moo joined the gym I used, followed me into the ladies' room and called me a fucking slut. I'm not saying this will happen to you of course - but do not underestimate the baby mama drama that comes from being with a childed man. I did, and had I known then what I know now, I'd never have gotten involved with him in the first place. I ended the relationship - yes it was painful as I did love him but looking back it was the right thing to do. I realized that I didn't want brats of my own, and the last thing I wanted was to raise someone else's, even on a part time basis.

Only you can make the decision about this man - we can only give advice.

In your shoes, I'd want to know: where is the baby mama? Does he have sole or joint custody? Remember the kid is only a baby :baybie1 - you have a minimum of 18 years of having to deal with this kid and the baby mama if you get involved with him. Is he worth that?

Are you ready and willing to deal with his kid? Will you have to play second fiddle to her in terms of affection, time, money, etc? I hate to say it, but I suspect the answer is yes.

Is he serious about not wanting any more kids and getting a snip, and has he taken any concrete steps to do so ie had a consultation with a doc, etc? If he shows any reluctance about it, I would be very wary about taking things any further.

I am wondering if you've made the decision already tho, as you've said you don't wanna date a man with kids. In that case, if I were you, I'd get the heck out now and save myself a lot of shit.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

He has made a consultation with the doctor about getting a snip. I really do not want any baby mama drama so I think that I will have to end it. Sigh....sad smiley
Anonymous User
January 16, 2009
clematis
I married a man years ago with a 12-year-old from a former relationship (they never married--I was beyond stupid to enter this trainwreck).

Imagine my surprise when I found I'd married my then-husband's ex as well as my husband. She was a constant shadowy presence in our own private home, via phone calls, emails, and diktats regarding my stepson.

I had all of the responsibility for my stepson and none of the authority. I was legally responsible for him, (read: potential lawsuit) but I couldn't establish any sort of discipline or parental control. Mull that over for a bit.

I divorced my then-husband within a year and shed my stepson (good kid, born into and damaged by a toxic situation he didn't deserve) and shed my unwitting marriage to my ex's shitty, neurotic girlfriend.

Never. Again. I recently (1.5 yr. ago) married a wonderful CF man. No troubles. Happy. Enjoyment of life. Peaceful home. I lucked out to find such a good guy, but it can be done. Took 40 years, in my case, but is worth it.
Well I'm 28 still in nursing school so I am in no rush to get married. I sooo don't want that kind of drama that you had clematis.This just sucks because everything else about him is perfect with the exception of the baby of course.
January 16, 2009
This just sucks because everything else about him is perfect with the exception of the baby of course.

I hear that. I thought the same thing. Funny, intelligent, eccentric, silly guy that made me laugh...well, I stopped laughing once I was enmeshed in the baby mama drama. It was bad. Evil, dark bad. And I never invited the whorish mama into our house...but she came nonetheless and was a presence in the house despite my wishes to make our own private sanctum. Didn't work. Cost a fair bit in lawyer fees to get rid of this guy but it was money well spent. I'd rather other CF folks avoid having to spend the lawyer money and, despite affection, avoid the babied men.
January 16, 2009
i am a militant cf male, i have dated childed women, luckily they kept that life apart from theirs when i knew them, sometimes the best decision is the one that makes a bit of heartache, and since you are a nursing student, you will be under pressure there, if there was the drama at home, it could affect your career choice.

look to your future. there are some cf males out there, its hard to find us, we are hiding from people.

k-man
January 16, 2009
CFBrandy, beware if you marry this man. In some states the baby mama may well ask for—and get—more child support because of your income. The "logic" is that with your income included, his total household income goes up and he can therefore afford to pay her more.
January 16, 2009
A) He has a six month girl. I will presume you've known him for 6 mos or less. THIS IS WAY TOO SHORT A TIME TO KNOW SOMEONE REALLY WELL. On that note I would say wait.
cool smiley He should be occupied solely with raising that kid imo. I know people here may not like that point of view, but once he's created a life, he is obligated to that child and his responsibility is to raise said child. If he is going to be involved in that childs life you WILL BE INVOLVED WITH THAT CHILD AND THE EX-GIRLFRIEND/MOO. Step outside of your hormones, take a step back and imagine your life involving that child and that ex girlfriend. I get the 'feeling' from your post that you are young. Very young, I would guess @ 21 give or take.
What you are experiencing is just .. emotion. And that is tremendously lacking in common sense. Unless the guy is a total wacko and sociopathic actor, it takes a year and a half AT LEAST for the masks to come off and the true character to emerge. Plus, if you ARE 21 or so, you both are not totally mature. People change and they are different at 27, 28 then when they were 20, 21.
I am 55 years old and I have had plenty of experience over the past decades of watching trainwrecks like this progress.
YOU DO NOT REALLY KNOW THIS MAN: at this point I hope you are NOT screwing around with him because that establishes bonds you do not want at this point. Women tend to nest and want stability. Most males (and I think this is a male, not a man) are just looking to get in some females pants.
let the flames begin.... winking smiley

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login