Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Visit to a breeder home

Posted by annie35 
Visit to a breeder home
January 20, 2009
I went to a co-workers house to pick up some stuff for our charity yard sale. I arrive and the husband is home alone with the 3year old and 6 month old. The 6 month old had severe runny stuff spewing from her diaper top and bottom, and dad was runnng around the house, it was leaving a trail. I sat patiently in the front room and waited for him to finish changing her, then I hear him screaming that the 3 year old had filled the sink with water and it ran over and was flooding the hall. As he was dealing with this, the baby vomited all over the bed.
I never got my donations, I just left without saying a word.
Yet another taste of how bad breeder life is.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Visit to a breeder home
January 20, 2009
Wow. The life of a breeder. We sure are missing out. And to think I spent the evening in peace and quiet, just hubby, me, our cats and dogs. Had a nice dinner, got a few things done and watched a really good movie. "Cleaner" with Samuel L. Jackson.
January 20, 2009
Good idea, bailing like that. You might have caught something. They leak everywhere.
January 20, 2009
When I was in the real estate appraisal business, I probably went into 1000 single famblee dwellings or more during that time period. When they were breeder dwellings, not to be confused with childed PNB homes, they left an indelible impression upon my mind and I wish that I didn't have such a photographic memory because of the assault on my senses when I recall some of the worst ones. Breeder home trashiness crosses all socio-economic, religious, and racial boundaries and knows no limits. While there were plenty of nasty ones, the one which I affectionately refer to as "The Filthy Zoo", is still forefront on my mind. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

It was a rather large house and I had remembered having appraised it about 2 years prior when it was for sale, vacant, and all clean and freshly painted. In record time it already had advanced signs of wear and tear on the exterior including some cracked windows, broken areas of the privacy fence, overgrown shrubbery, and some falling off window screens and shudders in ill repair. The garage was packed FULL of junk and was so crammed full that the door had to be forcibly closed in order to get a decent front view picture. It was obvious that they had done NOTHING in the way of maintenance since they had moved in, nothing. The interior, aside from being VERY junky with loose papers, take out boxes strewn about, dried food on plates so bad that if you picked up the fork, the plate would follow it, PILES AND PILED of dirty laundry, sinks overflowing in the kitchen with dirty dishes in varying stages of decay, and I don't have enough space to describe the bathrooms. Areas of the carpet looked more dirty than a grease rag at a garage, some of the bedroom walls (where they housed the kyds) had kiddie caveman crayon scribblings, one bed was saturated in urine and although I saw no visible stains, the smell was unmistakeably layers of old urine on top of fresh, much like the smell of an old wooden public men's urinal from the 1950's.shrug

In addition to the kinder crap, the trash, and poorly cared for interior, they had 5 large exotic looking birds which were walking around the house and a couple were perched up on bookcases, etc....and there was more birdshit on the floors, furniture, running down books and tapes on shelving, on the TV, on the dining room table, etc........than would be expected from a day's collection from all of the pigeons combined at Central Park in NY. There were at LEAST ten cats living inside and I only ever saw 2 litter boxes which hadn't been changed in days, or perhaps weeks. Cat shit odor permeated the entire area and I am convinced that cat urine had soaked down into the carpet padding and possibly even into the very foundation itself. THEN we had the doggies which consisted of 5 or 6 little yappers, who were cute enough but didn't look clean or professionally groomed. I could pretty much tell that they were pure bred and that at least one was a Pomeranian, but beyond that it's hard to say. The BIG dogs lived inside AND out, or so it seemed. Floors and walls were "marked" and where there wasn't a fresh pile of dog shit, there was a stain where some had been previously. two faces puking

There were several Marmaduke dogs (I forget what they are called), a St Bernard and it's WAY too hot for that breed down in Alabama and he was covered with mud from head to paw no doubt rooting around to get cool, and then there was a big fluffy Shaggy DA looking dog, but she could have been an ungroomed standard poodle, I really couldn't tell. The house AND the yard was covered from front to back, and top to bottom with animal excrement, and when the little boy was told by moomie to "help her on the outside", then I should have expected the worst. The boy's "job" was (as he put it), "Mama wants me to keep you from stepping in dog shit". I liked this kyd, he was about 7 or 8 but funny and honest, albeit a bit embarrassed (and rightfully so) It took guts to maneuver that land mine o' shit, but he seemed like an expert, so I followed close behind. As I was stepping back to get a better pic, I stepped in a HUGE pile of doggie doo before he could warn me and needless to say it made me gag. I had intended to just throw the shoes away, but the little boy had already grabbed them and said he would clean them. I didn't want the kyd to go through that, but before I could stop him he was laying down on the pool apron and scrubbing the shoes IN THE POOL. He then assured me that this was "ok", because that's what they always do when they step in shit".eye rolling smiley

I will NEVER forget that house for as long as I shall live, OR it's smell. doh face
January 20, 2009
kidlesskim
When I was in the real estate appraisal business, I probably went into 1000 single famblee dwellings or more during that time period. When they were breeder dwellings, not to be confused with childed PNB homes, they left an indelible impression upon my mind and I wish that I didn't have such a photographic memory because of the assault on my senses when I recall some of the worst ones. Breeder home trashiness crosses all socio-economic, religious, and racial boundaries and knows no limits. While there were plenty of nasty ones, the one which I affectionately refer to as "The Filthy Zoo", is still forefront on my mind. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

It was a rather large house and I had remembered having appraised it about 2 years prior when it was for sale, vacant, and all clean and freshly painted. In record time it already had advanced signs of wear and tear on the exterior including some cracked windows, broken areas of the privacy fence, overgrown shrubbery, and some falling off window screens and shudders in ill repair. The garage was packed FULL of junk and was so crammed full that the door had to be forcibly closed in order to get a decent front view picture. It was obvious that they had done NOTHING in the way of maintenance since they had moved in, nothing. The interior, aside from being VERY junky with loose papers, take out boxes strewn about, dried food on plates so bad that if you picked up the fork, the plate would follow it, PILES AND PILED of dirty laundry, sinks overflowing in the kitchen with dirty dishes in varying stages of decay, and I don't have enough space to describe the bathrooms. Areas of the carpet looked more dirty than a grease rag at a garage, some of the bedroom walls (where they housed the kyds) had kiddie caveman crayon scribblings, one bed was saturated in urine and although I saw no visible stains, the smell was unmistakeably layers of old urine on top of fresh, much like the smell of an old wooden public men's urinal from the 1950's.shrug

In addition to the kinder crap, the trash, and poorly cared for interior, they had 5 large exotic looking birds which were walking around the house and a couple were perched up on bookcases, etc....and there was more birdshit on the floors, furniture, running down books and tapes on shelving, on the TV, on the dining room table, etc........than would be expected from a day's collection from all of the pigeons combined at Central Park in NY. There were at LEAST ten cats living inside and I only ever saw 2 litter boxes which hadn't been changed in days, or perhaps weeks. Cat shit odor permeated the entire area and I am convinced that cat urine had soaked down into the carpet padding and possibly even into the very foundation itself. THEN we had the doggies which consisted of 5 or 6 little yappers, who were cute enough but didn't look clean or professionally groomed. I could pretty much tell that they were pure bred and that at least one was a Pomeranian, but beyond that it's hard to say. The BIG dogs lived inside AND out, or so it seemed. Floors and walls were "marked" and where there wasn't a fresh pile of dog shit, there was a stain where some had been previously. two faces puking

There were several Marmaduke dogs (I forget what they are called), a St Bernard and it's WAY too hot for that breed down in Alabama and he was covered with mud from head to paw no doubt rooting around to get cool, and then there was a big fluffy Shaggy DA looking dog, but she could have been an ungroomed standard poodle, I really couldn't tell. The house AND the yard was covered from front to back, and top to bottom with animal excrement, and when the little boy was told by moomie to "help her on the outside", then I should have expected the worst. The boy's "job" was (as he put it), "Mama wants me to keep you from stepping in dog shit". I liked this kyd, he was about 7 or 8 but funny and honest, albeit a bit embarrassed (and rightfully so) It took guts to maneuver that land mine o' shit, but he seemed like an expert, so I followed close behind. As I was stepping back to get a better pic, I stepped in a HUGE pile of doggie doo before he could warn me and needless to say it made me gag. I had intended to just throw the shoes away, but the little boy had already grabbed them and said he would clean them. I didn't want the kyd to go through that, but before I could stop him he was laying down on the pool apron and scrubbing the shoes IN THE POOL. He then assured me that this was "ok", because that's what they always do when they step in shit".eye rolling smiley

I will NEVER forget that house for as long as I shall live, OR it's smell. doh face

Breeders owning pets are the worst. Their houses are always beyond filthy.

lab mom
January 20, 2009
So graphic. Marmaduke is a Great Dane, I believe.
January 20, 2009
One thing my parents did to make it easier to raise two kids was to put more years between the older one (me) and the younger one (my brother). Instead of the more typical 2-3 years between siblings, they put nearly 5 years between us. This made it easier for my mom to take care of my infant brother while I was already away at school (partial-day, then full-day soon thereafter) instead of having a 2-year-old tugging at her while she was trying to change a diaper. Pretty smart, my parents were, in figuring this out.

They also waited a few years after they were married before she had me. She was already 27 when I was born, a pretty old age for a first-time mom back in the early 1960s. She once told me how "old" she felt in the park as she pushed me in a carriage among a bunch of 21-year-olds doing the same thing LOL!
January 20, 2009
There are 6 years between my brother and me; I am the oldest. My parents had their act together, our house never looked or smelled bad because of neglect. My mom wasn't one of these "overwhelmed" women like today's mommies are. There is a SAHM 2 streets away from us and the house looks like a pig pen. Unkempt landscaping, patio furniture out 365 days a year, beat to shit and fading in the sun, ripped shades at the windows, and lights on until all hours of the morning. The kitchen is easy to see from the outside as there are no curtains on the windows or big glass doors, place looks a mess. Pots and pans everywhere, shit on every inch of counter space.

How is it possible to be so overwhelmed? Put the fuckin kids in a room where they can't hurt themselves, lock the doors, and get your shit done. Let them scream. The kids aren't going to spontaneously combust if they aren't in mommy's sight 24/7/365.
January 20, 2009
I was gagging slightly, I can't stand the sight or smell of anything that comes out of a diaper.
It was the most disgusting thing, I have witnessed in a long time. The guy of course in a joking manner, let me know how lucky I am.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Anonymous User
January 20, 2009
I'll sheepishly admit to being guilty of the plate with a fork stuck to it pretty frequently. I tend to go all-out on the cooking most of the time and I generally do dishes when I cook, so by the time I've got the whole thing done, sat down, and finished the meal more dishes are pretty much the last thing on my mind.

About all I'm up for at that point is some TV or web surfing with the wife. (We've got His & Hers computers that sit right next to each other on a double-wide desk.) After that it's all too easy to just put off the dishes until they're quite neglected.

However... we don't have bugs, kids, or pets that will get into them (our cat is somehow violently opposed to anything other than dry cat food - she won't drink milk, eggs, or even eat canned cat food.) We don't let anything reach the "Science Project" stage and that kind of "mess" is strictly confined to within the dishes so it's not particularly unsanitary.

In fact, I'm going to go do the dishes now I think.
January 20, 2009
Right, we have a his-and-hers desk. ONE desk, and when he gets up to get a beer, I steal the chair. It is a good system, it works for us. That is how we met: I sat in his chair at a bar when he left it for a few minutes.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
January 20, 2009
I've built a few like that.

I once built a computer exclusively out of parts I could smuggle under a dress shirt. (Little tip to employers... don't screw the temps every chance you get, and if you have a company party either invite them or don't force them to work in a room where they can hear the party being broadcast over the intercom. Particularly don't do any of this if you've put said temp in charge of cataloging your entire IT inventory without oversight.)

I actually built a computer one time without a "box". I just used two 18" sections of the squarish curtain rod as a framework and bolted everything to it in such a way that natural convection flow eliminated the need for cooling fans. The whole thing hung on the wall like some weird kind of modern art.

Our current His & Hers computers are custom-built as well, but I used brand-new parts. They're both identical hardware to make troubleshooting any future problems a cinch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login