Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone heard of the webcomic Natalie Dee?

Posted by Seacreature 
Has anyone heard of the webcomic Natalie Dee?
January 20, 2009
I read her blog/diary when I first got into blogging about five years ago. Her diary was a favorite of mine for a while, until I got burnt out on it. She started out cool, never showed her face, didn't overexpose her art. Then one day she became more uhm...'commercial'...and sorta lame. Anyway, I remember reading how she and her husband hated kids and didn't want any. They had these adorable pugs, instead. Or so I thought...

I hadn't visited her site in a while, but had her on my shitspace friends list. I haven't visited there in a while, either, so imagine my surprise when I see her in a classic pose with a worm on her lap. I'm thinking, "NO, that's not HER kid is it?" Checked her page and it now says, "proud parent". Lost another one to parenthood. More proof that it IS different when it's your own! Ugh...WHAT-EV-ERRRRR!eye rolling smiley

Why am I surprised? Why does it annoy the hell out of me? I must keep telling myself to get used to it because that's what sheeple do.
Re: Has anyone heard of the webcomic Natalie Dee?
January 20, 2009
I had never heard of Natalie, but I have certainly seen and heard of others who were nearly exactly like her. One thing that they always seem to have in common is this annoying, tongue in cheek, kind of an " I am one of the club now" tone that they get and which they use exceedingly more frequently with the passage of time after they have sprogged. It DOUBLES (and triples) in intensity after each litter too. While this particular trait isn't exclusive to fencesitters turned breeder, they seem to suffer from a different variety of the strain than your every day more garden variety breeder. I first noticed this with an older friend of mine whose famblee had the money to waste on every fertility treatment known to mankind, literally across the globe, although the noticable change didn't take place until after she had been awarded the prize after age 40. Her case was probably more noticable to me than a much younger breeder's would have been because I had known her much longer as childLESS and she had pretty much morphed her demeanor, attitude, and lifestyle towards the childfree, UNTIL she sprogged up.moo with baybeem A year or so after that first baybee hurdle, that woman was NEVER the same.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2009
That sucks. sad smiley I've never followed her comic, but (if I'm thinking of the right person) I read her husband's webcomic every day (Married to the Sea, right?)

I wondered why the quality of the comics had started going downhill in recent months. :p
January 21, 2009
Yes, Without Issue, you have it right. Her husband's comic is 'Married to the Sea.' I liked her simple stick people drawings and her individual style... Although, that 'individual thing' is also pretty common these days.

" I am one of the club now" tone that they get and which they use exceedingly more frequently with the passage of time after they have sprogged. It DOUBLES (and triples) in intensity after each litter too. While this particular trait isn't exclusive to fencesitters turned breeder, they seem to suffer from a different variety of the strain than your every day more garden variety breeder.

Yes, Kim. I cannot STAND this. I hope my cousin's wife isn't gonna be this way. She and my cousin were living together for about 11 years before they got married. They just had kitties. Now that they're MARRIED, they have to make a baby. We'll see how she acts...although I'm gonna try my very best to avoid her and the sproggen...because I'ma bitch.

Wow, your friend was 40, huh? Dayam... What a slap in the face that musta been.sad smiley
January 23, 2009
YES! I have been following that webcomic for a couple of years now, and I am totally disgusted. I really have no stomach for hearing about or looking at babies, so I don't even read her blog anymore. What a total disappointment.
January 23, 2009
No, never heard of the comic strip, but it sounds like a busy, whiny young woman in workplace, like Cathy.eye rolling smiley

Oh, and Cathy wants a baybee, too.eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login