Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Take your $#%! baybee out of the library!

Posted by CFTeen 
There truly is nowhere safe from wailing little crotch muffins, is there?

So here I am, relaxing after a long day of volunteer work in one of my favorite places: the library. 8) Quiet, climate-controlled, dust-free (allergies), quiet, lots of lovely books!!! and did I mention quiet? Or at least that's what is usually is... But today I hadn't sat down for ten seconds before I hear The Noise. You know the one. That horrible, nerve-grating moans that tell you someone just HAD to bring Bratford with them.

Now I might understand in a regular public library. But this is a library on an enclosed, gated college campus in a quiet neighborhood with plenty of potential babysitters. It's about as safe a place to leave your rugrats at home for a few minutes as there is besides military housing.

Needless to say I was not at all happy when the munchkin inevitably started fussing at top volume. Apparently Dear Old 'dad' was studying for something or other, but somehow didn't comprehend the idea that he could take both books and brat back home and leave the rest of us in peace. Duhddy 'shhhed' at it, which worked for about 5 seconds. Round and round it went - brat yowls, duhd shushes, rinse wash repeat.

FINALLY the kid really starts fussing and will not shut up. Fortunately dad has enough brains to realize it's a lost cause and exits stage right. By now my nerves have been well trod on and I'd thought of all kinds of ways to remedy the situation. Most of them involved some combination of anesthetic and application of blunt objects. :yeah So maybe now I can enjoy some quiet time.
Re: Take your $#%! baybee out of the library!
January 20, 2009
exceedee

Now for your pleasure, the soundproof baby box.
Made of sturdy plexiglass, the Blissful Baby Box comes with a 3 hour supply of air giving you enough time to eat at a restaurant and enjoy your meal without having to take baby out every 3 minutes or so. It is especially useful at your local library where quiet is next to Godliness.
With the super clear plexiglass you can make sure baby is breathing and in good health as well as in good voice.
Also, the Blissful Baby Box has an alarm that goes off 15 minutes before the air supply runs out. If you happen to not notice it will continue to sound the alarm every five minutes until the time has expired. At that time, the box will automatically open, dial 911 and shut down.

If only....

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Anonymous User
Re: Take your $#%! baybee out of the library!
January 20, 2009
Make it climate controlled and it'd be moo-proof.

No more Lil Sizzlers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login