Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Brake for kids

Posted by annie35 
Brake for kids
January 21, 2009
Illinois Bus Driver Found Guilty of Intentionally Slamming on Brakes to Throw Children From Seats
Wednesday, January 21, 2009

E-Mail Print Share:

HUNTLEY, Ill. — A school bus driver in northern Illinois has been found guilty of intentionally slamming the brakes to throw children from their seats.

A McHenry County judge Tuesday found Lake in the Hills resident Julieta Clinton guilty of reckless conduct and child endangerment as part of a plea deal in which she did not admit guilt.

The 38-year-old could face up to a year in prison when she's sentenced April 3.

McHenry prosecutors say Clinton was driving 54 kids to school in Huntley last April when she became frustrated with their unruly behavior and braked hard twice.

The children ranged in age from 5 to 10 years old. One was sent to an Elgin hospital and paramedics treated 18 others at the scene.

Her attorney maintains that the incident was an accident.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: Brake for kids
January 21, 2009
We're supposed to feel bad for the driver, I guess, but it serves her right for driving a school bus. Am I to understand that this was the ONLY employment option available to her? What did she expect, that the kyds would be perfect angels and that if something went wrong they wouldn't blame the driver for it? Next time, better drive the bus off a cliff just to make sure you finish the job once and for all.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 21, 2009
poofy_puff
We're supposed to feel bad for the driver, I guess, but it serves her right for driving a school bus. Am I to understand that this was the ONLY employment option available to her? What did she expect, that the kyds would be perfect angels and that if something went wrong they wouldn't blame the driver for it? Next time, better drive the bus off a cliff just to make sure you finish the job once and for all.

Hmmnm, you know, this sounds like a good method of suicide-revenge.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 21, 2009
Oh please. Her defence HAS to be successful if she only said "Well I slammed on the brakes because I thought I saw a child run into the road. But it was a plastic bag blowing around or something. Gosh I'm really sorry and I promise never to work with children again. Oh woe is me. Never to work with children again."

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Anonymous User
January 21, 2009
...This is likely only Act 1. Act 2 will be the civil suits. This woman is more fucked than a drunk freshman coed at a Frat party.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2009
54 kids? That means several of the seats have three brats in them. That's why I walked to school back then.

No wonder the brats are restless. Justifiable assault, IMHO.
January 21, 2009
Seconding Amethyst; how dumb do you have to be to not say, "Oh, I really apologize but I thought I saw a kid about to run into the road...safety...primary concern...bla bla bla." D U H.
January 21, 2009
I remember having had bus drivers who would slam on the brakes to break up boys' spats in the back of the bus, but when they got to school that morning or the next the boys ALSO got bus a referral, which was like an office referral. Generally, their punishment for acting like asses on the bus was detention every day after school for a week or two and suspended with UNexcused absenses from the bus for anywhere from a week to the whole year, depending on what they had done. Moomies would moo and low, "How can my chyld get to skkooooolll????",No one gave a shit how the kyd got to school because that was HER problem. They didn't allow any bullshit from kyds back then and if some kyds had been injured when he slammed the brakes, then the unruly kyds would have been blamed for that as well.

Knowing the way things are now though, I can't believe this bus driver accepted any blame at all for intentionally slamming on brakes. I would also bet that the "injuries" consisted of "whiplash", bruised knees (maybe), "emotional trauma", and other non verifiable or non serious injuries. I wonder if any of them had broken bones, closed head injuries, or severe lacerations requiring stitches? I would highly doubt it.
January 22, 2009
I'm wondering how the authorities found out about this in the first place. Usually the driver is the only adult on the bus, correct? Why wouldn't you just say you saw a deer or something?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login