Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Visit to the Courthouse

Posted by annie35 
My Visit to the Courthouse
January 21, 2009
I was summoned for jury duty. I arrive and take a seat in the courtroom,while we wait for the judge and lawyers to arrive.
There are about 80 of us in the room, when this moo walks in with 3 kids. They are loud and won't sit down.
When the judge enters and take his rightful place at the front of the room, he first asks the person responsible for the kids to stand up. This moo stands up and states they are her children ( she acted like she thought he was going to tell her how cute they were). He told her to remove them from his courtroom, that this is jury selection not Romper Room. He also told her to be back in 15 minutes or she would be charged with not showing up to jury duty. She tried to explain that she did not have a sitter and he proceeded to tell her that he does not care, and to remove them now. I was dismissed because of my career and location of where I ived, so I did not get to stick around to find out what happened.
Oh I love jury duty.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Re: My Visit to the Courthouse
January 21, 2009
CAPTCHA = NUDnm

Slick-o, she was trying to get excused from JD, and it backfired.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
January 21, 2009
I get summoned for JD every year and I have NEVER seen a child in the courthouse with a prospective juror. The nerve!
January 21, 2009
Rose Red
I get summoned for JD every year and I have NEVER seen a child in the courthouse with a prospective juror. The nerve!

That shouldn't surprise you... I just would love to have seen her cited.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 21, 2009
i never get invited to jury duty. perhaps i am too outspoken winking smiley or i have secret life that is only known to the courts LOL

or i am too boringwink i go for the 3rd

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 21, 2009
It always seems that any visit to any government building or office will expose you to these very dregs of society.

Witnessing first-hand what our hard-earned tax dollars are spent on.
January 21, 2009
I have been called for jury duty 3 times in my life. It is never a surprise, as we are always given several weeks notice before we have to appear. This makes the stupid moo's excuse without merit. Thankfully, the judge scolded her, but I wonder what she ended up doing with her kyds - left them inside a locked car?? We can only hope LOL!

Even with jury duty systems where you have to call a phone # the night before to see if you have to report, you still are told about that well in advance so you can make childcare arrangements. I have never seen any kyds at my jury duty locations, either.
Anonymous User
January 21, 2009
CAPTCHA = TMmyt

HA! I love a no-nonsense judge...I wonder what she did with the little turds?
January 21, 2009
The icing on the cake would have been if Moo put her hands on her hips, rolled her eyes and said to the judge, "You obviously don't have kids."

LDD4F - 5 more points! smiling smiley
January 21, 2009
Damn good judge!!!

lab mom
January 21, 2009
Cambion
The icing on the cake would have been if Moo put her hands on her hips, rolled her eyes and said to the judge, "You obviously don't have kids."

LDD4F - 5 more points! smiling smiley

waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious waving hellolarious

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 21, 2009

HAH! RIGHT ON. It's most likely happened.
January 21, 2009
Now that's a great judge! I've had to report for jury selection a couple of times but they never pick me. I guess maybe because I work in the legal field and they think I'd be too biased. Anyway, what a stupid cow. She had plenty of notice to find a sitter or whatever. Glad that judge didn't let her get away with it.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
January 21, 2009
Assuming I already had the day off, I would have been SO tempted to just slide into a back pew in the courthouse just to see what happened next; I think that's allowed, isn't it? Anyways, I'd have loved to have seen it play out. WTF was she thinking? That because of TMIJITW she gets out of the obligation of jury duty?
January 21, 2009
I don't even think that breastfeeding will get them excused from jury duty because I have read about them mooing and lowing over it on moomie boards. They go on and on about how the judges just do NOT understand that SAHMoos don't have childcare like working moomies, on and on and on. I would be willing to bet that this judge has seen and heard the same old broken record until he is SICK TO DEATH of it, which explains his attitude. I know that I had a hateful attititude when whores tried to call into work (leaving me short staffed) because her kyd was sick or whatever. I never even let her finish telling her excuse because I had heard one exactly like it over and over and over and over till I was SICK of it. These bitches NEED to learn that EVERYBODY is busy. EVERYBODY has other things to do. EVERYBODY could be either caring for their kyds or someone else rather than serve on a jury. THEY ARE NOT SPECIAL, and I wish that this was posted on the jury selection door and anywhere else where a moocow is likely to see it.

Are these women REALLY so self absorbed and bent on letting the WHOLE fucking world know that they are "special" for having fucked without birth control and squatted that they can't see the easy solution that's right at their fingertips? It would be EASY to be excused from jury duty. Just the "correct" answer to any number of their preliminary questions should do the trick. "No, I do not believe I could be fair in this case, due to personal experiences with a robber." (STRIKE!) "My cousin dated the accused (the defense lawyer's son, the prosecuter's nephew, the sister of the victim, etc......) several years ago" (STRIKE!) "Oh no, I already think he's guilty, before it's been proven or else he wouldn't have been arrested." (STRIKE!) It's really not that difficult, but they would rather make a HUGE BIG DEAL about it and I am glad that a judge has the balls to not put up with the nonsense. I hope he also finds a way to FORCE the whore to serve on jury that is likely to be drawn out and sequestered. By the time she gets home, her hubby will have committed suicide or have moved out and on.
Anonymous User
January 22, 2009
I've been called two or three times, and have yet to see a kid in the juror waiting area. I think our county provides free daycare for jurors, though. But seriously -- you have weeks to plan in advance, why is it so hard?

I do know that when I checked the stats for my website, awhile ago, I had several hits from people searching for strings like "jury excuses for single moms"

I'm like, "Give me a fucking break."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login