Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dependent Women

Posted by Grace 
Grace
Dependent Women
April 30, 2006
I, too, often wonder what happened to feminism. Women used to want an equal chance to succeed in the workplace. They wanted to be able to support themselves and not have to rely on someone else. Now it seems like many women have made a complete U-turn. They don't want to work, period. They want a hard-working hubby to give them a free ride in life. I don't know many SAHMs who actually work in the home. They delegate the cooking, cleaning and child rearing to fast-food restaurants, maids, nannies and daycare centers. When it is convenient, they spend "quality time" with the kids. "Quality time" usually means any time spent with the kids physically present,even if the kids are running wild and not receiving one-on-one attention from the mom. So "quality time" includes time in the car, driving to and from the kids activities, with mom yakking on a cell phone and the kids fighting in the back seat, for example.

SAHMs would seem to have less equality and mutual respect in their marriages than my grandmother had back in the 1930's. Grandma worked all day at home cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, grocery shopping, gardening, etc. while grandpa worked at the factory. The point is that they both worked hard all day for the good of the family. He had a a tidy house and a well-behaved child to enjoy and be proud of. He had a spouse who was a true helpmeet and partner in life. What do the husbands of SAHMs have? Parasite moos raising future parasite kids.

I know many men with SAHMs, and it is clear to me that they are bitter, feel used and do not respect their wives. I can tell that these mend are slightly skeptical of my commitment to my career (I am unmarried). I'm sure they can't help but wonder whether or when I will follow in the footsteps of their wives.

The SAHMs just make all women look bad.

Re: Dependent Women
April 30, 2006
Being a SAHM would be so damn boring! One of the reasons why I don't want a damn kid is that I could never see myself giving up my career, financial independence and active lifestyle outside the home to stay at home all day and raise brats! I rather shoot myself! I love to have my own money and love to go to my work! I would never depend on my DH to support me!
Grace
April 30, 2006
Guest, I totally agree with you and share your reasons for not wanting children. I've known since I was about 10 that I didn't want kids. I was just never interested in being around them. I babysat a couple of times for teachers when I was in jr. high because I really liked the teachers and didn't want to say "no." The kids were pre-school to grade-school age and well-behaved as far as I recall, but it was so boring! Having to dumb down the conversation, playing candyland, watching cartoons and otherwise entertaining the kids was so mind-numbing. All I wanted to do was go home and curl up with a book.

I'm not married, but if I were, I wouldn't depend on my spouse to support me (unless I got sick, disabled, etc.). It seems so unloving and selfish when women expect their husbands to shoulder all of the financial responsibilities when they (the women) could work, too.

Glad to hear that you and DH are so happy. CF life is the good life!
Anonymous User
May 01, 2006
Yes there are alot of women out there that go out and open their legs for a "meal ticket"...It happens all the time.
Feh
May 01, 2006
Why can't I just be lazy without having to have kids first?
CF Uter
May 01, 2006
yeah, that is what I tell my hubby all the time, I want to be a SAHW, why do I have to squirt one out for?

I would get tons more housework done b/c I'm not a stupid lazy whore like so many are. shit, it seems like 1/2 the time a SAHM is just watching the kid in the yard, or in the den, or watching it at little league. Altho tedious to me , but if you already don't have a life, it doesn't sound that bad. That is not work, that is for sure.

I know what ya mean about the men, even if they know the wifey is good w/ the brats, they will admit they are a good mom, and little woman, but they don't respect them like the rest of the working world b/c they see they actually have no REAL stress and wear sweats all the time. They are living the life of a child actually, and that is all they understand, and the men give them the same respect.
Anonymous User
May 01, 2006
It seems like the whole womens movement has gone backwards. There's a good book called The New Victorians, discussing how whacked the feminist movement had gotten. It's about 10 years old but a lot of the points she makes are pertinent.
Ranter
May 01, 2006
I love to work...
What is it about SAHM's (supposedly) that are always 'out and about' with their *other* friends (other SAHM's) with their sproggen who are WILDY out of control? Also while they are on and off of cell phones? OMG! The mall *is* the worst! Exspecially around the gotten fat clothing or the shitleigh clothing. At our jCpenny's the gotten fat clothing is right next to the lengerie. Which is actualy kinda funny, b/c, once they shit out their sprog, they won't look good in the lengerie!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------
On a diff. note. Yes, the feminist movement has gone down hill. Now we have a breed of women, who, are obviously NOT independent and strong, they also DO NOT know how to support themselves!!! OMG! We may be going to the back to the stone age.
May 02, 2006
but these women call themselves feminists as well..

the feminist movement is becoming a moovement. a sort of women should stay at home and let men slave away. thats the new feminist dogma, most of these women have paid helpers.. so they have free time..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Ranter
May 02, 2006
Exactly.
CF Scorpio
May 03, 2006
I for one could not stand being dependent on a man for money. It would be like being a prisoner or a child.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.