Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow, just wow

Posted by emmy 
emmy
Wow, just wow
January 24, 2009
http://cbs2.com/local/Tantrum.Rescue.Glendale.2.916672.html

Not sure if this was posted already, but who really does this? I'd let that be a lesson to never throw toys.
Re: Wow, just wow
January 24, 2009
IMHO, 10 year old is a bit old to have a teddy bear and throw baby fits, too!

The moo does everything for the kyd, including Fetch My Teddy Bear.

Serves the fambly right.eye rolling smiley
January 24, 2009
i still have the very first teddy i ever won, its 31 years old, a little bit battered, but i still have him..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
CFTeen
January 24, 2009
Banshee

Hey now. I still have plushies that I've had for over a decade. But I've looong outgrown the temper tantrums...blasting imaginary bad guys/aliens is so much better. ;-]

This reminds me of the viral Youtube video with the German kid who goes bananas when his computer won't work.
January 24, 2009
Hey MWR, I still have Care Bears, some of which I collected just 6 years ago when they reintroduced the line. It's Grumpy, mainly. I like them all, but Grumpy has a special place in my heart since he arrived on my birthday in 1985.

Now that said, I played with toys long past the time it was cool to do so. Probably up until 11 or so. If I had tossed old Grumps out the window of a moving car, as much as my parents liked that bear (he was strangely enchanting to my entire family), my folks would have said "too bad" and kept driving, following that up with a swift punishment.

The stupidity astounds me, but I know it shouldn't.
Anonymous User
January 24, 2009
married with rabbits
The story itself is stupid, no doubt. But is anyone else thinking the kid had the tantrum because of his name? Soski.

Same here, I would have been told tough shit. Or even had a few of my other favorites taken away.

Seriously. My parents wouldv'e been like "why'd you throw your toy over the railing? you're not getting another one." and then taken home and spanked.
Anonymous User
January 24, 2009
What a spectacular waste of a perfect learning experience.

Throw teddy down a cliff = No teddy

Duh.
January 24, 2009
Toss kid over guardrail after teddy bear and then say that he went over after it

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 24, 2009
"Soski"? The dad's name is Harry (mom not named), so I presume perhaps wrongly that this is not an ethnic name but a warning sign that the kid is a precious special snowflake. Tantrum at 10? Grow up!

I threw my beloved childhood stuffed animal Tiger Baby over the rail of a lakeboat when I was wee...but my parents wouldn't dream of asking the boat to stop. Outta luck, kid: be more careful with your stuff!

Dunno why the parents didn't say the same; it'd be a favor to the spoiled brat.
January 24, 2009
married with rabbits
Banshee

The moo does everything for the kyd, including Fetch My Teddy Bear.

Serves the fambly right.eye rolling smiley

How totally uncool of me. :nerd I have 3 stuffed rabbits on my bed as we speak. One of them I gave to hubby, one of them he gave to me, and one of them is the cartoon spitting image of my deceased Princess BB (bunny). I have a stuffed rat and stuffed squirrel sitting a'top my computer too. Then I have a fuzzy bee figurine and a couple little bunny figurines sitting in front of me. Let's not even get started on the rest of the stuffed animals or the toy shelf over my husband's computer.

At 14 I was still secretly playing with a stash of Barbies. They were teen moms, had bad boyfriends, would drink and drive, get tattoos, and have beer bashes. Maybe I was just playing out some of that teen angst I never seemed to acquire.

winking smiley

Ok, ok, maybe teddy bears are a bit for babies IMHO, but call me guilty because I have a whole collection of stuffed animals (I even have some of them from my teens, which is a LONG time ago) right by my desk!XD

Fuck it, I DO have a couple of teddy bears that were a gift, but aw, I'm not a teddy bear fan anyway.XD
January 25, 2009
The kyd isn't a severe retard because he had the presence of mind to recognize the danger involved and the wherewithall to immediately go to a neighbors' house for help. This leads me to believe that he is a spoiled brat of the highest order which is CLEARLY the fault of the parents. That Teddy Bear could have considered that slippery muddy slope as his final resting place because he would NOT have been retrieved. They never mentioned if they got the damned bear back or not and I can certainly hope that they did NOT. This kyd needs to be spanked within an inch of his life and then locked in his room and only allowed to come out to use the restroom, go to school (but he's probably homeskooled) and eat, for WEEKS. No TV, no games, and NO Teddy Bears. This would be a perfect time to teach him that if he is careless, negligent, or willfully irresponsible with his possessions then he will have to work to replace them on his own. This was WILLFUL destruction of his property, depraved indifference to a valued toy, and what amounts to disorderly conduct in public. However, if the parents hadn't tried to retrieve it, we would have been reading a different headline; "Boy, age 10, dies from fall off of cliff;He was trying to retrieve his beloved Teddy bear". Then of course, the parents would have been blamed.shrug

These parents need to use this opportunity to illustrate to Shitski the consequences of acting like an asshole and drop a guilt trip bomb the magnitude of another Hiroshima on the little bastard. This may be their only hope to turn his bad behavior in the other direction, but we all know that he probably already has a big new Teddy with a red bow sitting atop his pillow, right next to the turned down linens and French Chocolate candy in silver wrap awaiting his bedtime, upon his favorite blankie. eye rolling smiley
January 25, 2009
Can we have better headlines from the newbies?
January 25, 2009
Rose Red
Can we have better headlines from the newbies?

I'll second this. It's really helpful to have a subject line that tells what the post is about. "Wow" doesn't tell us anything.
January 25, 2009
But y'all gotta look eh??

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 26, 2009
married with rabbits
The story itself is stupid, no doubt. But is anyone else thinking the kid had the tantrum because of his name? Soski.

HA! Probably...

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 26, 2009
twocents
But y'all gotta look eh??

But that's just it. You have to click in to the message, THEN see it's something you're not particularly interested in. Good subject lines are a courtesy to other readers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login