Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Bloody Valentine

Posted by LucyTrainWreck 
My Bloody Valentine
January 25, 2009
I just returned from seeing this movie at my local theater. It was a complete gorefest: pickaxes going through heads, torsos ripped wide open, body parts flying everywhere...in 3D!! Not to mention, there were a few scenes containing full frontal nudity. One scene, that lasted about five minutes, had a naked woman running around. Before the film started, you guessed it, in walks a moo and a duh, with two little boys in tow; the older looked to be eight or nine, and the younger was probably five or six. shrug
Re: My Bloody Valentine
January 25, 2009
Jeebus! And I thought a couple of brats when I saw "The Dark Knight" was bad.
January 25, 2009
I rarely go to movies anymore, but back when I did there were ALWAYS young children at extremely gory movies, movies with nudity and sexual scenes, violence, and adult content. I have been to plenty of movies that I think should have been forbidden for anyone to enter who was under age 17, regardless of "parental guidance" or whatever. Some that come to mind where pre-teens were abundant were the following:

Die Hard, (all of them), ALL of the SAW movies, Texas Chainsaw movies, The I Know What You Did Last Summer movies, Eight Legged Freaks, Terminator (all), The Ring(all) The Grudge(s), Lethal Weapon (s) and most any other that had explicit violence and/or human suffering or clearly had adult themes such as Castaway, Signs, The Good Son, The Hand that Rocks the Cradle, Hannibal Lechtor movies, and The Village, only to name a few. Children don't have the maturity level to understand the storylines of many of these movies and only like them for the flash and blood, which I find disturbing.
January 26, 2009
WTF is WRONG with paunts taking their kids to crap like this? It was like the idiots taking three year olds to see "Jurassic Park" back in the 90s, then wondering WHY the kyds had nightmares. This stuff is NOT appropriate for little kids. It's probablhy MORE breeder selfishness--take a kyd to see a movie that will probably scare the crap out of him and cause him to have nightmares. WHY? Because Moomie and Duddie are too cheap to get a babysitter and yet they STILL want to do the stuff they did before sprogging.angry flipping off
January 26, 2009
MerlynHerne
WTF is WRONG with paunts taking their kids to crap like this? It was like the idiots taking three year olds to see "Jurassic Park" back in the 90s, then wondering WHY the kyds had nightmares. This stuff is NOT appropriate for little kids. It's probablhy MORE breeder selfishness--take a kyd to see a movie that will probably scare the crap out of him and cause him to have nightmares. WHY? Because Moomie and Duddie are too cheap to get a babysitter and yet they STILL want to do the stuff they did before sprogging.angry flipping off

I AGREE!!! Jurassic Park is in NO WAY a "kiddie movie". That movie and it's sequels literally scared the shit out of me. It was absolutely terrifying when they were chased by the dinos, different ones were eaten and it showed what was left, the being stuck in that car in the treetop was HORRIFYING, the scene where they finally get back to the visitor center and the jello starts shaking on the table, that whole part where she and her brother are playing musical cupboards with the twins, the part where Dennis met his fate was pretty scary as was ALL of the scenes in the ride through automated car. There was NOTHING "kiddie" about that movie yet the theatres were FILLED with very young kyds who were kindergarten age. I don't think that the Godzilla remake was suitable for kyds either, but IN they came to watch it.eye rolling smiley
January 26, 2009
someone else was saying they saw a woman with 4 girls under 10

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
The Phan
January 26, 2009
MerlynHerne
WTF is WRONG with paunts taking their kids to crap like this? It was like the idiots taking three year olds to see "Jurassic Park" back in the 90s, then wondering WHY the kyds had nightmares. This stuff is NOT appropriate for little kids.

Ya know, I've been watching a lot of prophecy/armageddon stuff on tv lately. Things like Nostradamus predictions, the 2012 thing, along with the whole Yellowstone blowing up / glacial meltdown doomsday scenario. I'm a reasonably well-adjusted female in my late thirties. And you know what? Last night, I had this horrible dream/nightmare. It was the kind of somnambular cinema that wakes you up in such terror that you HAVE to get out of bed, walk around a little, and shake it off.

What was so terrifying to me? I had a vision of mass chaos and panic when a news broadcast came down that the economy was failing, which meant that we were all fucked. In this dream I distinctly remember going into this store wherever I was and grabbing three cases of Mountain Dew and wondering if I should bother to pay, as it was pretty much a riot scene. In this dream I worried about if it was safe to go home, as we have no weapons.

Seriously, though, this dream scared the blue fuck out of me for some reason. I remember seeing hordes of people screaming and running. And this was from watching Discovery and History channel type documentaries. I can't even think what watching scary ass movies would do to a CHILD that was not prepared for such psycholically disturbing cinema like Saw or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Hell, I remember before my fencesitting days even when newly DH'd and I went to see The Passion, and being appalled that some man brought his 8-10 year old son, who sat next to us. The poor kid was in tears at some points. Even I was a bit sqicked out during some of the more visceral scenes.

Again, WTF is WRONG with these breeders?
January 26, 2009
what scared me as a child still scares me as a man, its illogical fears i should be more settled, but the fears of childhood stays with you.

these parents showing the darker entertainment, may create larger problems. in those who are more prone to it.

to a lot of parents their children are just an addon, they dont think about them and take them to such shows. i did watch some 18 cert films when i was 14 or 15, hellraiser 1, now that was disturbing, still is, it is here in my mind, there are a few films that has one that. i was 15, had a few nightmares about me having no skin.. i didnt know the line between fiction and fact, not really we dont. especially at 10, fiction is fact and fact fiction.

they are creating some very disturbed children. and that will affect everyone else.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 26, 2009
Oh that is nothing.
When 'Alien' first came out I went to a relatively swanky theatre in NYC. I didn't see it but I could hear it: a child and from the sound it couldn't have been much older than 4 or so.

Bet they had nightmares to deal with for the next month... brouuuuuuuuuuhaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaack acck acck

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
January 26, 2009
I've told this before but I had 2 welfare parents bring their one year old to a midnight showing of an R rated film and when they tried to buy tickets, I threw them out. Their justification? "It's his birthday!"
January 26, 2009
AND.

Breeders demand that EVERYTHING be wholesome and sanitized for the tots.

WTF.:eh??
January 26, 2009

What was so terrifying to me? I had a vision of mass chaos and panic when a news broadcast came down that the economy was failing, which meant that we were all fucked.

I've actually had quite a few dreams like this lately. Disaster dreams that scare the holy shit out of me.

It's these lazy parents who refuse to draw the line that are creating little fucked up, desensitized monsters.
January 27, 2009
i have had a few about last person to me they are wonderful beautiful dreams.

i have my little house, in the wilds, with a nice big wall, and am as self sufficient as i could be

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login